Question about war slots

My nation and some others are being assaulted by a tech raider. He's done a significant amount of damage to us, but we're trying to work together to reduce the damage we take. Well, at least one of us so far has received this in a message from the raider:

Also he sent me this veiled threat:

i strongly advise you to cease and desist any further act of aggression against my nation!

i would advise you to do two things:

1. do not ask for peace, stay say at war and save face with your guild

2. do not send not 1 more soldier my way!

My conclusions are thus:

-This is a tactic to keep the war slot filled, (saying no to peace, but not attacking either.)

-This is intended to allow him to attack nations one-on-one without being susceptible to retaliations by alliance members.

-This tactic seems to work.

Please correct any of this that I'm wrong about.

Anyway, my question is this, assuming all of what I just said is true, is this acceptable according to the CN rules? I couldn't find anything that specifically says it isn't okay, but maybe I'm missing something.

So what I'm asking is basically, should my buddies and I do the same thing to keep from being attacking? (ie, a multi-way permanent standoff to prevent being attacking by anyone at all)

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a stupid question or if I'm wrong about any details.

War slot filling itself is against the CN rules and you can be warned for doing so.

To make these wars legitimate, you actually have to send attacks to and from each other, which I'm sure you don't want.

Solution: Join an alliance that will be willing to protect you.

My alliance is TOOL, and despite my size, I'm sure they will be willing to help me in times of war, just as I will do for them.

<_< fail. dont try to recruit while helping. he should actually join UED but thats up to him. I dont think hes breaking the rules because he started the war initially to attack you but you should not fill war slots because like dealmaster said its against the rules if you have the intention of not letting anyone else have your warslot and keeping them full with your buddies's nations

It's not ok to do that at all.

I am also laughing over both that he said "guild" instead of alliance, and that is alliance consists of four people

I want you to fight back. I'll even aid you to do so

I also sent him this message:

You have attacked a nation that I am currently helping out.

I will fill his aid slots so that he can trample you and your sorry nation

Good day

Edited by SpiderJerusalem

It's not ok to do that at all.

I am also laughing over both that he said "guild" instead of alliance, and that is alliance consists of four people

I want you to fight back. I'll even aid you to do so

I also sent him this message:

Thanks, chief.

I took your offer and thrashed him pretty thoroughly.

I hope he's done now, I'd rather this be over so I can focus on my own business again.

Again, I thank you greatly.

Thanks, chief.

I took your offer and thrashed him pretty thoroughly.

I hope he's done now, I'd rather this be over so I can focus on my own business again.

Again, I thank you greatly.

That's great!

Just glad to help out someone that seems so level headed against a thug like that