The Princess' Secret Rebellion

Markus Wilding

Kameran had made his announcement regarding the modernization of hte military. So far none had offered. He needed to think. Kameran walked to the Royal Garden, an acre's worth of a lavish garden composing of flowers, trees, fountains, even a hedge maze. Once outside he saw his daughter, 16 year old Lesley.

taylor-swift-picture-1.jpg

Lesley had a worried look on her face. Kameran walked over to the bench where she was sitting and said, "Lesley, what's wrong? Why do you look so worried?" Lesley sighed before saying "Daddy, I don't like this. We were fine under Canada's rule. Why did they have to break up and leave us without a government?" Kameran was confused. Lesley loved Canada, yes, but now she has a right to her own country! What teenager wouldn't want that? "Lesley, I know it's hard, but-" Lesley stopped him mid-sentence. "Daddy, no. I just want to be a normal girl, going to a normal school, being NORMAL. Not being royalty. Daddy, when I go outside, people bow to me! It's creepy, Dad. Why do we have this type of government and not something like normal countries, like those Nord people in Europe?! They don't have everybody call them 'my king' or 'my queen' or that nonsense. I want to be normal, not have everything handed to me on a silver platter." Kameran was shocked. He had never heard his daughter speak like this before! N-normal?! That was impossible now that they ruled the Fourth Reich! "Well...I'll think about it sweetheart. You'll warm up to it. I promise."

Lesley still sat after Kameran left. Why did Canada break up? Her parents never got a vote on the future as far as she knew. Maybe the Canadian government just didn't want to have the country anymore. But that didn't make sense! Why was she thinking of this in the first place? Suddenly a sound caught her attention. It was a citizen climbing over the wall to get in. "W-who are you?!" The local couldn't have been older than 17. "Uh...I just wanted to see the garden for myself...I heard it looked great...I-I'm kind of a gardening geek." Lesley didn't know what to do. Let the Royal Guards take him out of the garden or let him stay until someone found him? "Oh...that's sweet. I'm Lesley, the King's daughter." The teen quickly bowed. "Oh! MiLady, I'm sorry for intruding!" Lesley hauled him up. "Get off the ground, you fool. You don't have to bow. I'm sick of it. Treat me like you would any other girl. What's your name, anyway?" The teen blushed and said, "Uh...Marc. Marc Hudgins." Lesley took his hand. "Well, let's stroll, Marc."

The two walked, holding each other's hand. Understandably Marc was extremely nervous, being with the Princess. Marc felt that he needed to voice this. "I-I'm a bit nervous being here with you...I dunno why." Lesley laughed. "You don't need to be nervous, Marc. I'm a normal girl, I just happen to be in the royal family." Marc relaxed a bit. "By the way, you look nice." Lesley smiled. "Thanks. You're kinda cute too." The two urned to look at each other, then held each other's hands. They began to kiss when - "Lesley! Lesley! Where are you??" Lesley groaned. "Hide! My dad's coming!" Marc quickly hid inside a large bush. "Ah, there you are Lesley. Your mother wanted to talk to you." Lesley said, "Okay Daddy." She started to walk away then said, "Oh, Daddy?" Kameran asked her what she wanted to ask. "When will you let me date?" Kameran thought over this. "When you find a boy that I approve of, and not some riff-raff off the street." Lesley nodded and said, "Alright, Dad. I'll go see what Mom wants now." Kameran began walking back towards the house. Marc stayed in the bush until he couldn't hear the footsteps then jumped over the fence.

"Yes Mom?" Lesley walked into her mother's bedroom. Her mother, Angel, turned. "Hey Lesley. Have a seat." Lesley walked over and had a seat on the bed. "Lesley, you're growing to be a young woman, and I know that the first thing on your mind is probably boys. Well, your father doesn't want, as he's probably told you, some guy he thinks you picked off the street." Lesley nodded and said, "But what if I do likesomebody like that?" Angel looked at her and smiled. "Well, then your daddy will just have to deal with it." Kameran knocked on the door. "Yes, Kameran?" Kameran walked in. "We've been invited to a movie premiere tonight, do you want to go?" Angel stood up. "What's the movie?" Kameran took out his reading glasses. "Uh...a war movie by a small-time movie studio, the name is Call of Duty, it's set in World War Two. Looks interesting." Angel smiled and hugged him. "Alright, we'll go. Lesley, would you like to come?" Lesley stood up. "No thanks, I'll stay home tonight." Angel smiled. "Alright, now go along, your father and I have to get ready."