Mad romance

Eggman Empire

DrKintober strode out of the auditorium with purpose. Actually, he hadn't a clue of what to do next, but he had to keep up appearances. He had just spent the last two hours being the main guest speaker in a conference at Hybruis State University. The conference had to deal with new ways of gene splicing, as well as what benefits it could bring. Kintober had argued in favor of being able to splice animal genes to human DNA, claiming it was the only way to reach the next step in humanity's evolution. Most of the audience thought he was nuts, but wisely kept it to themselves. All in all, he didn't care what they thought. It's not like they could do anything to stop the slicing experiments he had planned.

*bump!*

Kintober shot to his feet. "Bumbling fool, I ought to-" He stopped as he noticed who'd run into him. She was probably 5'6 or 5'7, in her mid twenties, had brown hair and light brown skin, asian/european(?) , and was sprawled on the ground looking at Kintober like he was an ax murderer. He grinned. "My deepest apologies." He replied smoothly, his attitude changing gears quickly. He held out his hand. The lady squeaked, and put her arms over her head.

"I'msorryIranintoyouI'minarushdon'thitme!" She blurted out. Kintober chuckled. She heard him and looked up, confused.

"I'm terribly sorry about my outburst. Under a little pressure, you understand?" He asked. She nodded. "Good, let me help you up." He said re-extending his hand. She took it and he pulled her upright. As she dusted herself off, he noticed she was carrying a backpack, a duffel bag, and a roller suitcase. "I didn't realize university classes gave out that many assignments." He said with amusement. She looked away; a sour expression on her face.

"They don't. Stupid jerks cancelled my scholarship because I was 'a disruptive influence' on the other students. Now I have to leave." She grumbled. She faced him. "If they're gonna kick me out, they coulda at least have the guts to say what I really did."

"And what did you do?" Kintober asked inquisitively.

"I'm studying bioengineering and biotechnology." She exclaimed. "I come up with a lot of theories, too. One of them was that if you applied the right amount of electricity to the right nerves, you can make a dead man walk." She continued. Mistaking Kintober's expression of interest for that of boredom, she hastily continued. "Well, you can make them do more then just walk. You can make them carry objects, drive vehicles, dance, all sorts of stuff. I tried my theory out on some dead rats. It seemed promising. And then..." She paused.

"Go on." Kintober encouraged.

"Well, I decided to actually test my theory. That's when the cops caught me digging up a dead body." She fidgeted awkwardly. Kintober burst out laughing. "Hey! It's not funny!" She shouted.

"Of course it is my dear! 'Busted by the cops' hilarious!" He howled. Then he saw the death glare she was giving him and stopped. "Of course your little theory is quite interesting." He said, now serious. "Tell me, what is your name?"

"Anita Kamrikov." She replied. Kintober nodded.

"Let's go out to lunch, Anita. I'm itching to hear about your other theories." He said, helping Anita with her bags. "Stick with me, kid. I'm bring you places this university could never dream of sending you."

--------------

Now Kintober has a girlfriend/apprentice. What madness will be wrought? Who knows.