A meeting between two respectable leaders

mykep

**To Madame Unicorn**

Madame Unicorn, I have not taken the time out to actually meet a respresentative of your nation, and I would certainly like for it to be with you. I was hoping an exchange of diplomats would be in order, but I would rather meet this lovely leader myself. If you do choose to, I believe it would be best for relations and promotion of goodwill. Ontop of thse, we can discuss anything else that may pop up.

Would it be possible to schedule a time to meet with you? Maybe something over lunch?

~Mykep Jones, Archon of The Republic

Madame Unicorn sits at her desk, eating a bowl of delicious noodles, when she decides to open her mail. She comes across a strange letter from a country she doesn't recognise, and opens the envelope. Reading the letter, she smiles. Yes, it would be good for her to meet with this Mykep fellow. After all, he seems kind enough.

Madame Unicorn gets out some paper and writes a letter back to Mykep Jones.

Dear Mykep,

I would love for us to get together and have lunch. Whenever is fine, just tell me where I need to be and I will arrive.

For future reference, here is my phone number: [Writing illegible, coffee stain on the paper]

I hope we can meet for lunch soon, I am looking forward to our meeting

Thank you

Madame Unicorn

She seals the letter and places it in the outgoing mail tray, ready to be sent ASAP

Mykep was throwing a tennis ball at the door and catching it as it bounced back. He was laying back in his desk and tossing it. His attention was elsewhere. The door opened and his secretary fell bakwards as thier forehead was struck was an unexpected tennis ball. Mykep rushed to thier aid and picked the young secretary up who was holding a letter.

"Urgent...From Madame Unicorn.."

"Madame Unicorn!?"

The secretary was quickly dropped back to the floor as Mykep dropped his support to reach for the letter. Mykep closed the door behind him. He opened the letter and quickly read through it. He grabs his phone and dials the number.

"Hi. Its Mykep, I was wondering if..um..tonight was good for you. I ould go there, you could come here. Its really up to you."

Madame Unicorn jumps as she feels her phone vibrate in her jeans. She looks around sheepishly as the shop assistant scurries away to find some more ball dresses (after all, it's important for a girl of her.. power to have at least five)

Madame Unicorn looks at the display. It's an unknown number. She answers it, looking around for one of her assistants

"Hello? Oh.. Mykep, hey. Dinner? Tonight? Sure. If you dont mind I'll come over there? I need clearance for my plane, if that's cool. Thanks! Would you like me to bring anything?"

Madame Unicorn, now grinning, hops around on both feet. She's pretty sure she's just been asked on a date...

Edited by Madame Unicorn

"Just yourself. I'll be doing all preparations. Okay! I'll see you later than, bye!"

I put the phone done and thought about the conversation for a moment. He then called to his secretary.

"I just got off the phone with Madame Unicorn."

"Okay..."

"Well I'm pretty sure its a date."

"Did you want it to be a date?"

"Yes, but I don't know if she knows that. Do I continue on acting like its a date and she notices it? Or do I awkwardly tell her up front."

"Well how awkward is this going to be?"

"She called me Kykep..."

"Yeah, you're pretty @#$%ed."

He excused his secretary and thought what to do with the night. He rushed to the telephone and spent the next 3 hours calling people. As he walked out the door he shouted back,

"If she calls back I'm meeting her at the plane!"

He then showered, groomed, and made sure the plans were ready for when she arrived. He was on the runway outside of his El Camino, holding flowers. He looked like a teenager on a date in his leather shoes, khakis, button down shirt with a tie and leather jacket. He prepared for the worst.

Madame Unicorn hangs up the phone, feeling excited. She quickly purchases the dress in her hand - an aqua blue $@tail dress that zips down at the side... And a cute black jersey to compliment it. Rushing back to the House, she showers and changes before fixing her hair and make up. Madame Unicorn believes in making a brilliant first impression, and as she slips on her black stilettos, she looks in the full length mirror, feeling good about the clothing choices she made.

Madame Unicorn picks up her phone and slides her thumb over the screen, picking Mykep's number. She holds the phone up to her ear and waits for him to answer

"Mykep, Hey. Madame Unicorn here. Could you be a dear and meet me at the airport please? I'll be bringing an assistant with me, but that's it... Yeah. I'm just walking out of the House to go to the airport now. See you soon"

---

Twenty minutes later, Madame Unicorn steps out on to the tarmac infront of her jet. Shaking, she steps onto the plane as the engines fire up. She's not shaking because it's cold or she's scared of flying.

Madame Unicorn hasn't been on a date since she was 16.

I hope all goes well... Madame Unicorn thinks as the plane takes off...

And as the plane landed, Mykep awaited the doors opening. As the steps desended in front of him, outstepped Madame Unicorn. Mykep stood in awe as he gazed upon her beauty. As she took her first step down towards him. The only words that could slip out were, "You are...you look...Incredible.." As she neared the last step, Mykep reached out for her hand. He helped her down the last few steps, kissed her hand.

"It will be a delight to court you this evening."

He gave her the flowers and opened the passenger door for her. As she climbed in, he gently pushed the door closed behind her. As he walked over to his side of the car, he thought to himself.

"Delight? Since when have we been proper!"

As Mykep entered the car, he started the engine. He headed for thier first stop. He looked to his passenger and said,

"I'm sorry, I'm Mykep, in case we havent established this before. A stranger did not just pick you up. Madame, I do hope you like seafood. Now, please, enlighten me on this beautiful person is sitting in my car. Please dont let it be that you hate seafood."

As the plane lands, Madame Unicorn stands up and does all the last minute necessary procedures; check/fix the hair, apply make up, make sure the outfit isn't ruined in any way, pop a couple of mints. And the most important procedure? Put on a smile.

As the door opens Madame Unicorn steps out and down the stairs. Looking at the infamous Mykep, she thinks to herself wow he looks kinda cute.... She steps down and greets him

"Thank you for inviting me here, I am so excited!" She grins as she gets into the car. They drive off and Madame Unicorn looks out the window at the bright lights before turning back to look at Mykep

"Seafood? Yes, I love it. And uh, I'm not beautiful, not like Sarah Tintagyl or anyone. I'm just plain Madame Unicorn.. But you can call me Charli." She smiles as Mykep looks at her briefly, before turning his eyes onto the road.

This was going to be a good night indeed.

"No, you arent beautiful like them, you are beautiful like you. You're beyond such a word that you dont need to measure yourself to other faces."

The car came to a halt as they reached the docks, where Mykep parked the car ran around it, and opened the door for Charli. He then wrapped his arm around her and took her to the bigger of boats. He removed the ropes, and they took off. After a few minutes of drifting out into the ocean, Mykep made his way down to Charli. He took her to a table, pulled her seat out and when she sat pushed it back in. He ran in, and grabbed the trays of food and drink for them. When he placed them on the table and sat down, he clapped twice and lights as well as music was added.

"So other than your politics, I know very little about you. What's your story, Charli?"

Charli gasps as they arrive at the docks, where she sees a big boat waiting. They climb aboard and as the boat starts drifting out into the ocean, she takes a look at the dark sea around her. She walks around the boat, taking in the sights and smells before heading back over to the table which stands on the middle of the deck. She looks around as Mykep gets the food... He's a real gentleman... she thinks, before Mykep rushes back, plates and drinks in his hands.

Lights and music filled the air as the pair sat down to enjoy a delicious looking dinner. Charli looks as Mykep and sighs.

"My story? Well... My mother headed a large multinational corporation, with myself and my older brother, Adam, as the major shareholders. I'm not sure why she did this to us, but I can only guess that it was to keep the company in the family. My father walked out on our family when I was four. The only time I've seen him recently was when he tried to sneak into a press conference. One of my marines detained him and I was asked to question. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do."

"I actually wanted to work in politics. But not run a country. You know, just some small office role, maybe even writing legislation. Helping people. But no, that changed when my mother died. I was 16. That's when all the fun of being a teenager stopped. She dies of a tumor. And... While Adam took over the company, he pushed me through school and university. See, mother had purchased land, and wanted to start her own communist nation. When she died... I took over her dream. And here we are."

"So yeah, I'm 21 and I own a nation. Pretty scary, right?"

Charli pours herself a drink and sits back, looking at Mykep's face to gauge his reaction. Charli laughs softly and puts her drink down.

"I'm a fun girl. I love to have fun, hang out with my friends... Well. Advisors. I don't have friends anymore. Well. World Leaders. But you know. Yeah.. I.. I want to enjoy life, get out and see the world.. Do things other people can only dream of."

Charli looks at Mykep, "So, what about your story?" She grabs his hand and squeezes it a little before letting it go, her hand resting on his...

"Heh. Well, its not a very good one. My father ran a country at the age of 18. He married my mom in secrecy and I came 9 months after. I grew up learning advanced this and advanced that. I was a Math wiz and a Strategist at the age of 14. My father put me in martial arts classes while he left for months at a time. My international family had me travelling place to place respecting every culture and the beauty of the world. I never really had friends as I grew up. The assassination of my father didnt help when I had to go into hiding in Early Uberstein. There I was hardened in the cold and rose to my father's expectations by leading a country of my own. I was only 17."

They finished eating, and he let his hand slowly slip away. He used the excuse of cleaning to hide his embarassment. When he came back out, he pulled the seat out from her once more. He taught her how to steer the boat back to shore and as it came close to the dock, they tied it together. They removed thier shoes and walked along the beach.

"I learned a great amount there. I finished school and learned everything I wanted. I became a friend rather than an ally to all I met. In India, I married a girl I fell in love with, Megan. Everything was perfect, but it didnt last. My own personal gaurd tried to kill me. My uncle was killed, and my youngest cousin was put into exile. I was wounded and wasnt able to make way the easy way since I couldnt be tracked. I studied the neutral way in the Vatican with the Pope. When he was ousted, I went to the Sahara, where I was recruited into the military, and rose to Archon of my country through vote."

The waves hit thier feet as they attempted to run out of the way. They poked at a jellyfish or two with a stick and began walking again.

"Everything was perfect again. Wife, Country, Peace. Then there was war, strife, revolts. My mother died this past year. My twin brother, Lucas Perry, now serves as the head of my army and I fear for his life every day. The distance and political mayhem was too much to bear as I lost the spark of love with her. Now I have a child on the way."

He stopped for a moment , and let his feet sink in the wet sand. The moon disappeared from view from overhead trees. The only light was the reflection given from the moon onto the water water. His hand grasped Charli's hand as he looked into her eyes.

"I lead my country for my people. I do not do it for me, I do it for them. My people are whoever want to follow me. I've lead countrymen from Greenland, to Siberia, to Scandinavia, to Antarctica, all the way to West Africa. All I want is peace for my nation, peace for my world. So that I can sit down with a wife and kids and enjoy my life knowing that I helped make the world a safe place for us to enjoy. So I have personal gain behind my policies, but I hope that all families under my rule can enjoy the same thing. I hope that I can share moments like this one "

The wind blew and Mykep brushed the hair away from Charli's face. His fingers running from her cheek to her neck. His other hand letting go of hers for just a moment. He pulled out a remote, and clicked the power button. Instantly, christmas lights in trees hanging above them lit up. An old stereo started playing in the background with the tune, "I'll be by Edwin McCain". He put the remote away and twirled her into his arms. He began a slow dance with her.

"So, how has your night been so far?"

Charli moves slowly with Mykep as he asks her "So, how has your night been so far?" She looks deep into his eyes and smiles,

"It's been really nice. It's so good to get out of the country and office every once in awhile, and I haven't been on a date in so long... Guys don't really want to date the leader of a growing nation... I almost forgot what it was like to be in someone else's embrace... You helped me remember that, tonight. So, thank you."

Charli stops dancing and entwines her fingers through Mykep's, pulling him closer as she kisses him lightly on the lips before pulling away, and stepping back

"I'm.. Sorry I did that. It's just.. I think you're really sweet and.." Charli turns her back as she wonders how Mykep will respond... She waits, looking up at the stars.

Mykep takes a step foward and lowered her face till thier eyes met, and thier lips barely touched. He kissed her softly. He grabs ahold of her hands and pulled her into him. His hand went to her waste, holding her tightly into him. As thier lips pulled apart, he whispered, "That was nothing to be sorry over."

A large wave hit them from the side, causing cold water to rush up thier legs. Mykep could see his date shiver. He smiled at her, took her under his arm to share warmth and said,

"Come on."

They walked back to the car, holding each other closer. When the got to the car, Mykep opened up the trunk and pulled out some wood. He made a small fire. He took out a blanket and they sat on the sand and dried thier legs. They sat next to each other under thier blanket.

"So about that kiss. I seem to have forgotten how it went. Care to remind me?"

Charli smiled as she felt the heat from the fire dry her body, the heat doing nothing to keep her cool. She was feeling hot on account of the kiss and the fact that Mykep hadn't run away or anything. They curled up together under the blanket, not saying a word. Charli smiled. Whether this was a once off or the start of something more, she didn't care. Right now it just felt good. It felt right.

"So about that kiss. I seem to have forgotten how it went. Care to remind me?" Charli looks as Mykep smiles, slyly inviting her to kiss him again. She moves in closer and places her lips on his, turning her head slightly as she kisses him gently. Stopping for a millisecond, Charli realises her whole body has reacted to this, her heart is beating fast and she has stopped shivering. She kisses him again, forcefully, moving her hand to the side of his face as her tongue enters his mouth... They stay like that for a few minutes, before Charli moves back

"I hope that was... Pleasant?" She smiles. "So what are we going to do now?"

With his eyes still closed, and his head in the clouds, Mykep was only able to let out few words, "It was...perfect."

His eyes opened, and he blinked for a bit and thought about it.

"Oh! Well to end this night, I have but one place we can sleep at."

He kicked sand onto the fire, and picked the blanket up and lifted Charli up into his arms. He kissed her as they both smiled. He took her by the hand and they got into the car.

They drove to Mount Nonrev, where a private entrance was made to get to the top. There, a runway, and a lookout were placed. Below them, lay the city, and beyond that were the forests and beyond that were the mountains. Above them, the stars were so close, it was almost lear as day. There, Mykep pitched a tent and took out a cooler with wine and two glasses. The glasses clinked and they took thier sips. Mykep looked at Charli and smiled.

"There is something I havent told you about me. I am the best masseuse in Africa."

He sat behind her and moved her hair gently to the side. He placed his hands on her shoulders.

The scenery was breathtaking as the pair reached the top of the mountain, Charli speechless as Mykep hands her a glass of wine. Then she felt his hands on her shoulders, his hands kneading at her skin..

Charli moans gently as he massages her shoulders "Oh wow... That's ammmazing..."

Mykep continues to massage her shoulders as Charli looks out over the city and the forests, feeling happy.

"Mykep, thank you for tonight, it's been amazing.. The boat, the beach, now this... And of course the kisses..." Charli turns around to face him, "But I didn't expect I'd be spending the night here.. Well. A little. Anyway.. The point is, I haven't got any sleeping attire..." Charli smiles lightly, before putting her arms around Mykep

"Not that it matters much... But. Well. Heh, I haven't had much experience with this. Whatever happens is cool with me."

Charli looks down at the ground, making patterns on the wine glass awkwardly..

As much as I'd love to. I cant. Only so that I have something to look foward to in the future.

He kisses her with a little more force behind i. He moves around inside her mouth while slowly moving her back into a laying position. He gains self-control to find himself looking down at her, pinned under him. He smiles and gives her one more goodnight kiss. He grabs a pillow as he gets up.

"Good night, Charli."

He smiles at her as he zips the tent up. He makes his way to his car. As he lays down, he looks at the tent and the dying fire. The only thing running through his mind are ideas for another night...and the wish she wasnt leaving tomorrow.

Charli sighs as she hears Mykep walking away to his car. Sure it was their first date, and yes it was perfect, but she wished she didn't have to spend the night alone.

Charli curls up as she replays the date through her mind, from their first kiss. She falls asleep happy, a smile on her face.

---

Next morning, Charli wakes up to feel the sun's warmth on her face. She sits up, alone in a tent. Smiling, she unzips the tent and proceeds to pack it up, tidying up the area before making her way down to the car. Looking around, Charli leans against the car and waits for Mykep.

Mykep came up the mountain from the office at the airfield. He saw Charli leaning on the car. When he reahed her. He pulled her in, held her tightly, lips to lips. The exhanged good morning as they held each other. Her smile brightened up his day, and he wished he could keep her smiling.

"Your plane is arriving soon. I wish I could keep you here forever, but under current circumstances, my country wont be so safe soon."

Her smile faded and they looked down as thier heads met. The small silencce was interupted by a plane heard off in the distance. It only made the moment worse.

"I really do hope I see you again soon. Very soon."

The rush of wind from the plane blew her hair into her face. It was an easy excuse to run his fingers along her neck and remove the strands of hair from her view. He placed his hand on her neck and kissed her, pushing his tongue softly into her mouth. The plane landed on the far side of the runway, and began to lose speed as it came in thier general direction.

Edited by mykep

Charli felt warm as Mykep held her close, feeling him push his tongue into her mouth for one last time. She looks up at him, a sombre expression on her face.

"I really hope we can see each other again. I would like you to come over and visit my country... Whenever you get the chance to, no matter what time or day.. Call me or text me, yeah?"

Charli wraps her arms around Mykep and hugs him tight, before letting go and turning around to see one of her assistants waiting by the plane, the steps outstretched onto the ground. She walks over to the plane and climbs up the steps before turning around... Then climbing inside the plane. She sits down and looks out the window, placing her hand on the glass as the plane springs into life and starts the take off procedure. Charli turns and looks at her assistant as she smiles,

"I really like that guy. I hope we can see each other again."

Charli lies back as the plane takes off, starting its ascent into the clouds, leaving The Republic behind...

Edited by Madame Unicorn

"I'll text you, call you. Visit. Good bye." Saddens was in his voice, but he was able to break a smile.

Her finger tips left his, keeping in touch till the very last step. As the plane disappeared into the distance, Mykep stood thier with his hands in his pockets. Slowly his smile faded away. His seretary came up to him.

"So...how did it go Kykep?"

"It went...better than I ever expected."

"So...war time?"

"Yes...War time."

They got into the car, drove off. One of the best weekends of his life would be followed by bloodshed. The only thing on his mind in these troubled times...would be her.