The Tsar's diary... I mean journal

ooc: The "Visit to the Northwest" topic was never completed. The events of the Tsar's weekend at Castle Radziwill are important foundation for future events and character relationships. The pages of the journal are kept secret by the Imperial Family.

ic: I arrived in Vilnius today. I think it’s a lovely city very modern but it also a rich history. I haven’t been to Litva in years, but little seems to have changed. The people were surprisingly receptive. Before I left Moscow I told the Imperial Guard I wanted to get out of the limousine and meet some people, but I had no idea so many people were going to be there. I actually enjoyed meeting some people, one man, he looked to be about 80 years old, told me I reminded him of his younger brother. He said he died young, I certainly hope that won’t be my fate, I have so many things I want to see and do before I’m gone.

I was quite surprised, once I got inside the governor’s palace, to see an old friend of my grandfather’s, the Prince Radziwill. He asked if I would honor him and his family by spending the weekend at his home in Biržai. The very thought of staying at his castle, for some reason or another fills my soul with dread. I recall spending the summer at his home the last time I visited Litva, and for some reason I hated it, no I utterly detested it. I don’t know why, but for me it’s the equivalent of spending the weekend in Dracula’s castle.

Unfortunately it would be rude to refuse his offer, especially since the Radziwills have always been strong allies to the Romanovs. Of course I graciously accepted, as any good aristocrat would, but I can’t say I’m looking forward to the end of the week. I just hope the Lord can give me the strength I need to survive this weekend.