Defeat alerts

Viluin

I just nuked two nations and visited their Ground Attack pages. They had 0% odds but did not receive a defeat alert. I had not performed any ground attacks against them today, the screen said this would be my first ground attack for the day. This really messed up my plans. Is it supposed to happen or was it a bug?

EDIT: Come to think of it, one of the two nations I nuked still had surviving tanks (But no soldiers) afterwards. These tanks were not deployed previously, I checked to make sure beforehand. I nuked one that guy twice in a row, once before and once after the update, he definitely had nothing deployed. That may have something to do with it.

EDIT 2: Someone just told me a nuke counts as a defeat alert. That's not what I remember, but I could be wrong. Either way it's still a bug because one of the guy's tanks survived.

Here's a screenshot: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2922/nuke2s.jpg

I'm just wondering if what happened regarding the lack of a defeat alert is normal. I'm that guy's only opponent so he definitely didn't receive one from someone else.

Edited by Viluin