The reformation of TF!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't personal. You're encroaching on our brand. We had to let it slide before due to the fact we were being sat on and you had big friends. Such is not the case nowadays.

Oh come on, I'm not poaching, I haven't shown any hostilities towards your alliance, I haven't done ANYTHING. I'm just having fun in a game. That's a crime now? I'm not even the same persona IC wise as the guy Wingwhiper. I'm the son of him. So what have I done?

This isn't personal. You're encroaching on our brand. We had to let it slide before due to the fact we were being sat on and you had big friends. Such is not the case nowadays.

Ah....might makes right.

....and the circle is complete.

Oh come on, I'm not poaching, I haven't shown any hostilities towards your alliance, I haven't done ANYTHING. I'm just having fun in a game. That's a crime now? I'm not even the same persona IC wise as the guy Wingwhiper. I'm the son of him. So what have I done?

I'm not the same guy but I'm making the same alliance? If you are trying to avoid the baggage of previous actions it is generally best not to bring the public spotlight onto it. There are a lot of people left who still recall how deeply demoralizing the formation of TF! was, and how deeply painful the lies were that you spread about those you left behind.

It would perhaps be best, if you were genuinely interested in avoiding said previous baggage, to at the very least have TF! stand for something else.

And, you know, maybe make the apology and clean break with the past that has been lacking all this time.

Funny your words here sound exactly like GOONS CB against FARK ;)

Ah....might makes right...and the circle is complete.

Not to stick my head too far into other people's business, but there is a pretty fundamental difference between the statements "you do not have a right to exist at all" (as GOONS said to Fark) and "you do not not have a right to exist with a name that is so similar to ours and will confuse people" (as Fark seems to be saying now).

If Wing changed the name of his alliance, would Fark still consider it a problem? I think that needs to be answered before anybody jumps on the Fark are pulling a GOONS bandwagon.

Edited by Cirrus

Errr, no. Fark has every right imaginable to object to this, it is a valid CB.

Never said they didn't.

Now, because they are stronger than a ONE MAN AA, they can threaten ZI and feel good about it.

Congratulations.

I'm not the same guy but I'm making the same alliance? If you are trying to avoid the baggage of previous actions it is generally best not to bring the public spotlight onto it. There are a lot of people left who still recall how deeply demoralizing the formation of TF! was, and how deeply painful the lies were that you spread about those you left behind.

It would perhaps be best, if you were genuinely interested in avoiding said previous baggage, to at the very least have TF! stand for something else.

And, you know, maybe make the apology and clean break with the past that has been lacking all this time.

For the record, Fark was under GOONS boot for the sins of their fathers. They hated that, they fought long and hard for the freedom they finally achieved. Kudo's. Now, by me forming an alliance, I've been threatened with ZI, for the Sins of my fathers. The same exact thing they stood against. The issue could be resolved easily, just by dropping it...

Never said they didn't.

Now, because they are stronger than a ONE MAN AA, they can threaten ZI and feel good about it.

Congratulations.

I fail to see your point. What's wrong with ZI? What would you expect them to do?

I know you're an aspiring tough-talker, but eventually you need to take an overview and realize not every thread needs your input. In fact, many would be better without it. Not everybody on the other side is doing everything with malice and bad intent, and you do not need to start an idiotic argument in every thread.

I know, you've been wronged and the man has put you down. It's tough being you, I'm sure.

But lay off.

For the record, Fark was under GOONS boot for the sins of their fathers. They hated that, they fought long and hard for the freedom they finally achieved. Kudo's. Now, by me forming an alliance, I've been threatened with ZI, for the Sins of my fathers. The same exact thing they stood against. The issue could be resolved easily, just by dropping it...

Except in this case "your father" is actually you. Have you considered TRYING to contact Farkistan and resolving the issue? Did you honestly not thing they would perhaps have something to say about it? Would it seriously be out of the question to try and meet them halfway on some of these issues?

I fail to see your point. What's wrong with ZI? What would you expect them to do?

I know you're an aspiring tough-talker, but eventually you need to take an overview and realize not every thread needs your input. In fact, many would be better without it. Not everybody on the other side is doing everything with malice and bad intent, and you do not need to start an idiotic argument in every thread.

I know, you've been wronged and the man has put you down. It's tough being you, I'm sure.

But lay off.

Oh, read up son, I was a founding member of the original TF! and it's only MoW.

I would say that gives me the right to be here.....your connection is what again?

For someone who joined these forums 20 days ago and already has an average of over 10 posts per day...I think someone needs to follow thier own advice.

Now run along.

Edited by JBone

Oh, read up son, I was a founding member of the original TF! and it's only MoW.

I would say that gives me the right to be here.....your connection is what again?

For someone who joined these forums 20 days ago and already has an average of over 10 posts per day...I think someone needs to follow thier own advice.

Now run along.

I don't care what connections you have to TF!. You've been using circular logic and double standards for the past few days, and it seems you're at it every time I turn around. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely impressed by your founder status, and I'm sure that's where the undue confidence is coming from, but you need to evaluate whether or not you really have things to add to a thread before committing yourself to them.

For myself, I'm a reroll and a former alliance MoD. Also, I'm a good poster.

Edited by Nobama

1. Fark declared offensively, thus it is not defensive.

2. I beg to differ with us not putting up a defense as we have somewhere around ~16 allainces that we are fighting. I am sorry, but I don't see that many involved with FARK.

1. they are talking about when Fark was crushed by GOONS in its inception not the current war.

2. put up the fight that Fark did for as long as Fark and come out on top like they did and then you can compare yourself to Fark

TF! was a traitors brand when it was formed the first time and I do not see why anyone would want to wear that AA now and I can certainly see why it pisses Farkistan off to see it used.

Edited by KingSrqt

Except in this case "your father" is actually you. Have you considered TRYING to contact Farkistan and resolving the issue? Did you honestly not thing they would perhaps have something to say about it? Would it seriously be out of the question to try and meet them halfway on some of these issues?

Here's what I've been told by ENI.

Get rid of TF! or be destroyed

Shoulda asked before, now back to step one

Oh you wanna be friends? Well you shoulda asked first.

Now, I still don't hold this against Fark, they've been through a lot. I'm waiting for some more calm responses. Because I will NOT just let my alliance be destroyed because someone bigger than me says so. Come on Fark, let's talk serious now.

Never said they didn't.

Congratulations.

It's just not the same when you guys try and sing that tune (almost hilarious). Also wtf OP, why would you.....

You must have some knowlage about the events surrounding the original conception of TF!

Yet some how you thought Fark wouldn't get pissed?

It really has nothing to do wth "sins of your fathers". If I made an alliance called "Better Order of the Paradox" or "Ragnarockandroll" or whatever, I would expect a less then kind reaction, probably even ZI if I refused to change it.

Likewise, if I named my alliance "LUE" or "/b/", I would expect the same treatment.

Ah....might makes right.

....and the circle is complete.

uh... this isn't "might makes right".

Never said they didn't.

Congratulations.

Just because previously they would've been crushed for doing what they thought was right does not mean that now, when they have the ability to, they're somehow just abusing their powers.

Your logic is horrendous.

Here's what I've been told by ENI.

Get rid of TF! or be destroyed

Shoulda asked before, now back to step one

Oh you wanna be friends? Well you shoulda asked first.

Now, I still don't hold this against Fark, they've been through a lot. I'm waiting for some more calm responses. Because I will NOT just let my alliance be destroyed because someone bigger than me says so. Come on Fark, let's talk serious now.

Well, to be fair to the folks in Farkistan, right after jumping into a pool is a bit late to be asking "I wonder if I should plan for all those sharks in there?"

And I find it odd that you would consider spending a maximum of 45 minutes an adequate amount of time to address the issue in depth. Maybe instead of grandstanding for popular support that seems only likely to come from the people who helped you turn traitor the first time, why not simply make a post to the extent of "We're going to try to address these concerns and see what kind of settlement we can reach," and hope for the best? Or was the sole purpose of this stunt merely a convoluted and supremely surreal attempt at smearing Farkistan's good name?

It's just not the same when you guys try and sing that tune (almost hilarious). Also wtf OP, why would you.....

You must have some knowlage about the events surrounding the original conception of TF!

Yet some how you thought Fark wouldn't get pissed?

I'm playing a game. Why should I worry about what other people have to say about me having fun?

It really has nothing to do wth "sins of your fathers". If I made an alliance called "Better Order of the Paradox" or "Ragnarockandroll" or whatever, I would expect a less then kind reaction, probably even ZI if I refused to change it.

Likewise, if I named my alliance "LUE" or "/b/", I would expect the same treatment.

Questions, were you ever involved largely in any of those alliances? My best time ever in this game, and I'm speaking OOC, was while playing as Wingwhiper in TF!. It was non-stop action. Fun action that never got old and kept coming every day.

And in an IC sense, this was what my father, Wingwhiper, had always strived to be, was the leader of TF!. I may not agree with what the actions of the past are, but I'm a new person. A new leader. And I deserve a fresh chance.

Well, to be fair to the folks in Farkistan, right after jumping into a pool is a bit late to be asking "I wonder if I should plan for all those sharks in there?"

And I find it odd that you would consider spending a maximum of 45 minutes an adequate amount of time to address the issue in depth. Maybe instead of grandstanding for popular support that seems only likely to come from the people who helped you turn traitor the first time, why not simply make a post to the extent of "We're going to try to address these concerns and see what kind of settlement we can reach," and hope for the best? Or was the sole purpose of this stunt merely a convoluted and supremely surreal attempt at smearing Farkistan's good name?

I'll say it right now, we're not the same TF! as before. My intent was never ment to cause pain to Fark, but that is the way they took it. For that I am sorry.

I'm playing a game. Why should I worry about what other people have to say about me having fun?

Questions, were you ever involved largely in any of those alliances? My best time ever in this game, and I'm speaking OOC, was while playing as Wingwhiper in TF!. It was non-stop action. Fun action that never got old and kept coming every day.

And in an IC sense, this was what my father, Wingwhiper, had always strived to be, was the leader of TF!. I may not agree with what the actions of the past are, but I'm a new person. A new leader. And I deserve a fresh chance.

As a character, I agree 100%. But alliances do not tend to get the same courtesy.