Reception of an important guest

Subtleknifewielder

Valerie laughed as the marines drove past clearly angry at the president before they seemed to calmly take their preferred defensive positions after that funny incident she returned her attention to the president as he described the Promised Land people's views and their reasons. "I see so your thoughts and actions come from your religious foundings and from the hardships you have suffered in the past and that has shaped you into the people you are today. Interesting President as we in Helzan don't actually follow any religion in Helzan and instead look to our military up bringing for making our decisions" replied Valerie.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valerie laughed as the marines drove past clearly angry at the president before they seemed to calmly take their preferred defensive positions after that funny incident she returned her attention to the president as he described the Promised Land people's views and their reasons. "I see so your thoughts and actions come from your religious foundings and from the hardships you have suffered in the past and that has shaped you into the people you are today. Interesting President as we in Helzan don't actually follow any religion in Helzan and instead look to our military up bringing for making our decisions" replied Valerie.

"Then you are truly a unique culture. I don't think any nation has ever been as heavily militaristic as you. I'm curious...what events led to the Helzan being the way it is today?"

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"Quite simply from what we have gathered when our forefathers set out before us they were all ex-military and brought the military culture with them and since no one in the convoy was religious no religion ever formed in our nation and with the harsh conditions we faced we all blindly followed the culture however, I personally feel that we were wrong and I have a new policy that I will run shortly" replied Valerie.

"Quite simply from what we have gathered when our forefathers set out before us they were all ex-military and brought the military culture with them and since no one in the convoy was religious no religion ever formed in our nation and with the harsh conditions we faced we all blindly followed the culture however, I personally feel that we were wrong and I have a new policy that I will run shortly" replied Valerie.

They were finally nearing the city after their drive; the tops of the skyscrapers could clearly be seen. His speeding along had significantly reduced the travel time between the city and the airport.

"I wish you the best in implimenting your change in policy. If there's one thing I've learned, it is that people all too often resist change, many times rather violently. I sincerely hope your people trust you enough for such a change."

"I believe that whilst my people will intially fear the changes and will be oppossed they will eventually grow to support them and for once our military culture will be a benefit as I doubt they will question my actions" said Valerie with a smile before she went back to looking to the oncoming city with a gleeful expression.

"I believe that whilst my people will intially fear the changes and will be oppossed they will eventually grow to support them and for once our military culture will be a benefit as I doubt they will question my actions" said Valerie with a smile before she went back to looking to the oncoming city with a gleeful expression.

Now that he hadn't considered. Using their own culture to persuade them to accept it, now that was clever There was definitely more to this girl than met the eye. What more could he add to that? He simply nodded as they drew ever nearer to the city.

Now the tops of some of the medium-sized buildings were coming into view, though it was still impossible to make out any smaller details.

OOC: Sorry I am quite forgetful at times.

IC: Valerie leaned forward slightly a smile on her face, her hair whipping out behind her and a look of excitement in her eyes. She already loved the look of the city and thanks to Sarah showing her around her capital she had found she had a taste for shopping and it was clear she would be able to spending at least some time in the shops here. She turned to the President before speaking "Where will we be visiting first Mr President?" she asked eagerly.

OOC: Sorry I am quite forgetful at times.

IC: Valerie leaned forward slightly a smile on her face, her hair whipping out behind her and a look of excitement in her eyes. She already loved the look of the city and thanks to Sarah showing her around her capital she had found she had a taste for shopping and it was clear she would be able to spending at least some time in the shops here. She turned to the President before speaking "Where will we be visiting first Mr President?" she asked eagerly.

OOC: Don't worry. I can be too, sometimes

IC: He hardly needed to consider her question long before answering. "Actually, the choice is up to you." He took one hand off the steering wheel to reach inside a pocket on his uniform, withdrawing a folded brochure that included a map of the city, and handed it to her. It had been made only recently, just for this visit.

"This is a list of places you might like to visit. Not knowing your personal tastes, there are quite a few options there."

The brochure detailed about sixty possible locations, from places to shop to historical monuments, from museums to libraries. Even the local military base and Government House were listed. Each location was assigned a number and labelled on the map, and the map itself had an arrow pointing off the map, indicating it was in the direction of the airport, to orient those entering the city.

Valerie didn't have to look at the map for long before making up her mind and turned grinning to the President, "lets go shopping... for uh cultural reasons" Valerie said adding the last segment hastily to make it seem as if she had a real reason to go rather than just wanting to spend her money on new clothes and gadgets.

Valerie didn't have to look at the map for long before making up her mind and turned grinning to the President, "lets go shopping... for uh cultural reasons" Valerie said adding the last segment hastily to make it seem as if she had a real reason to go rather than just wanting to spend her money on new clothes and gadgets.

he had to fight to keep the smirk off his face. He should have guessed. Despite being a leader, she was still a teenager, as he had mentioned before.

"All right...shopping it is. And I know the best place to do that." Despite any queries, he would not reveal their destination until they arrived...at a mall.

malls.jpg

"The mall is the best place to go if you want to see a little bit of everything," he said with a wink and a smile.

This would be the view...

010306_malls.jpg

OOC: Ignore the little text at the bottom of the pic. And since this is her shopping trip, you pick where they go. Any details about the mall other than what I've shown in the pictures are up to you.

Valerie was delighted and couldn't keep it from showing in her face however, what she could keep under control was her behaviour and her manners and she turned to the President politly "Mr President I am feeling slightly hungry and I would like to visit somewhere where we could get something to eat first if that is ok with you?" she asked looking for a suitable place to eat at.

Valerie was delighted and couldn't keep it from showing in her face however, what she could keep under control was her behaviour and her manners and she turned to the President politly "Mr President I am feeling slightly hungry and I would like to visit somewhere where we could get something to eat first if that is ok with you?" she asked looking for a suitable place to eat at.

"Of course," he said, nodding and smiling. Their bodyguards ahad faded into the background, blending in with the civilians also at the mall.

OOC: Too lazy right now to create a restaraunt for the mall. You can if you like, or you can use an existing one.

"Hmm lets try that one" said Valerie pointing over to what was clearly a very good and very expensive diner, it even had a waiter at the door to guide you to your seats, and with her mind made up Valerie started crossing over to the doorway before her mind finally caught up and she checked to make sure she had enough to afford a decent meal.

"Hmm lets try that one" said Valerie pointing over to what was clearly a very good and very expensive diner, it even had a waiter at the door to guide you to your seats, and with her mind made up Valerie started crossing over to the doorway before her mind finally caught up and she checked to make sure she had enough to afford a decent meal.

Even if she did not have enough money, it was his responsibility as host to ensure she felt welcome. That included paying (within reason) for things she desired, including meals. But as it was, she would find the price was affordable. Food was not a problem in this nation--even the poor rarely suffered for lack of nourishment.

He followed a step behind her, actually finding that he was a little hungry himself, and he withdrew enough money from another pocket to pay for his own lunch.

Valerie lead the party to a table and sat down with her back to the wall and facing the door as she had been taught and selected some plain buttered bread as a starter as she was feeling quite hungry which must have been due to the flight and she was looking forward to eating some of Promised Land's food as her experiences in Hansa had shown her other nation's food was quite enjoyable.

Valerie lead the party to a table and sat down with her back to the wall and facing the door as she had been taught and selected some plain buttered bread as a starter as she was feeling quite hungry which must have been due to the flight and she was looking forward to eating some of Promised Land's food as her experiences in Hansa had shown her other nation's food was quite enjoyable.

There would be a lot of food she would recognize if she had visited sever countries prior--the standard steak, chicken, and other meats, mashed potatoes, salads, hot bread rolls, etc--but like with any trip, there would be a few unique dishes, such as wallaby stew, Chiko Rolls, and Australian meat pies.

The service could not be complained about, and a few of the menu items could be obtained at buffet tables, lthings like the salads and rolls.

Valerie was stunned by the display of food that lay before her and she could feel and hear her stomach rummbling reminding her that she hadn't eaten for quite some time. She turned smiled as best as she could to the President before she amost skipped across to the buffet table and started placing some salad onto a plate before sitting back down and grabbing a menu where she ordered a medium rare steak with vegtables and an Australian meat pie to see what they tasted like. As she waited she found herself nibbiling on a piece of lettuce.

He smiled back as she rushed to the buffet table, considering the menu as she got her salad. Just before she returned, he himself decided on his order--mashed potatoes and gravy, and a bowl of stew (not the wallaby, but rather beef). Just as she sat down on the other side of their table facing him, he set his menu back down.

After giving his own order to the waiter, to make conversation, he commented on her choices. "You chose well with the meat pie. It really is quite popular--especially at sports games. And for good reason."

Valerie finished off the last of the lettuce whilst Jackson spoke and then began to pay around with a small peice of cabbage she had also picked up. "Well it sounded quite tasty and I am feeling quite hungry still I was slightly worried as I remember an aunt who baked me a pie once and let me tell you. You could use it as a weapon if you needed with the way she baked it" replied valerie cringing at the thought of her aunt's pie.

He laughed softly at her description of her aunt's pie.

"Don't worry," he said reassuringly. "I can assure you these pies are quite tasty--and they are definitely not as solid as a rock, so you won't break your teeth on them." And just as he finished, the same waiter who had taken their order arrived at their table with their food.

"My, that is quick service," he commented approvingly to the waiter, who smiled and inclined his head, retreating to let them eat in peace.

Valerie looked up and her eyes almost sparkled at the food before her as she gazed upon the food brought before her and she couldn't resist licking her lips slightly as she watched the waiter drop off the food. She produced a tip, not realising that it was for the amount of one hundred, and popped it onto the waiter's tray before picking up her knife and fork and sliced off some of the meat pie and slowly blew on it before popping it into her mouth, she sighed with delight as she savoured the delicious taste.

Edited by King Kevz

Valerie looked up and her eyes almost sparkled at the food before her as she gazed upon the food brought before her and she couldn't resist licking her lips slightly as she watched the waiter drop off the food. She produced a tip, not realising that it was for the amount of one hundred, and popped it onto the waiter's tray before picking up her knife and fork and sliced off some of the meat pie and slowly blew on it before popping it into her mouth, she sighed with delight as she savoured the delicious taste.

When the waiter noticed the tip, his eyes bulged. But he was in the middle of taking someone else's order when he noticed. He made a mental note to ask her, at his first opportunity, if she really wanted to give him so much.

Jackson also gave the man a tip, this one in the vicinity of 15 Pounds, and dug into his own food. he enjoyed it, but so much that he didn't notice Valerie's sigh. After he swallowed his own bite, he raised a single eyebrow. 'I take it you like it?"

As he waited for her answer, he carefully blew on the spoonful of stew he'd gotten before putting it in his mouth.

Valerie looked up at the President with a piece of steak hanging slightly out of her mouth which she noticed just before speaking and quickly pushed it in fully, chewed and swallowed so she could answer. "Oh yes the cook here is amazing and this food it is so amazing, see we go on basic survival needs back in Helzan so we don't have such different types of food and thus being able to try them is just like being my birthday" replied valerie with a smile.