Multiple Nations?

Arleston

I've been chatting with another player from the alliance I'm in on the subject of multiple nations and we're currently agreeing to disagree on something.

So I figured I'd tip the balance once and for all and ask here.

The point is that my father is an avid gamer.

The man plays RTS, FPS, the works.

But he also likes to play somewhat simpler more relaxing games and found out I'm playing CyberNations a few days ago.

So now he wants to make his own nation.

Which is where the problem lies.

We've got a network at home which connects both my and his computer to the internet.

Multiple Nations aren't allowed, but I'm not sure how they are spotted in the first place.

Would it be possible for him to run another nation from his computer without me running the risk of a deleted nation?

I'm inclined to say that there's no risk, but my alliance's teammate says it can't be done.

I couldn't find much information on this subject other than 'multiple nations aren't allowed'.

Maybe someone could shed a light on this?

Multiple nations are spotted by repeated logins of two different nations on the same network. One isn;t usually enough to prevent inadventent mistakes, like school computers or RL friends. However, the rule is actually one nation per network, or IP address, so you would likely get deleted for multies if your dad makes a nation. A risky way to cheak is to create the nation and try to aid each other. If it works you are ok, if it is cheat flagged delete the new nation as soon as you can. You would still run a deletion risk. A way around it would be to use a proxy or a different connection, or any other way to get your dads nation on a different network.

Yeah. Shared network is unfortunately not a situation which should work - outside of your network, you have a shared IP address, so you'd appear to be the same person to any tools which the game uses to check.

As an alternative, provided your father is fine with only logging in from work, he should be able to make a nation and check it from there.

Ah well. At least now we know exactly how it works. Thanks guys.

Yeah. Shared network is unfortunately not a situation which should work - outside of your network, you have a shared IP address, so you'd appear to be the same person to any tools which the game uses to check.

As an alternative, provided your father is fine with only logging in from work, he should be able to make a nation and check it from there.

Yeah. I'll tell him that.

Who knows. He might be attacking nations in a matter of weeks. :lol: