[CNRPS] Garura tribe

Vedran

"we are thinking of determining their value as allies, should they fail they will be wiped out, should they pass then we will allow an alliance"

"I heard they fight enemy called Rebel Virginians. If we want to kill the dragons, that is a good time."

"indeed, we will have to test these Rebel Virginians as well though."

"Yes, but after dragons. We must be careful, Chief Douglas. For day we find voice boxes, our world changes forever. Strangers will come to our lands now with thunder weapons and beasts of war, and we should be ready for them...to defend or to talk. We must not make them angry if they want to talk."

The shaman closed his eyes and breathed deeply. He looked like he was praying, but in reality he was hoping he wouldn't have to listen to Chamberlain babble on all day in broken English.

"And you, the Mando'ade, I want to know of your people."

"We had our beginnings when a band of human Mercenaries, warriors working for pay, attacked the elves on the behalf of someone else. For many years, the war raged between man and elf, a bloody conflict that had no rsolution. The human mercenaries, however, admired the Elves' tenacity and, growing tired of the conflict themselves, secretly called for a ceasefire. After talks of peace, they slowly united with the ones they had been sent to destroy. The unique human culture was taught to the elves, who readily adopted it, as it was a culture placing high value on honor and family. Eventually, the persons who had sent the Mercenaries to destroy the elves came to finish the job themselves, only to find themselves driven back by a united front..."

OOC: Not all, but that's most of it that isn't outlined in my introductory thread.

Fortunately, the person the rangers approached was a meditating shaman and not one of the marauding parties of warriors. Unfortunately, for now no one outside higher-ranking warriors and shamans had learned of contact with the other nations around the world.

The old man stood and hobbled over to the stranger, looking the cat person over. It was not a tribe they had encountered before. "I am Francis Crick," he said in an oddly civilized, educated tone. It was different from the simpler speech favored by the chief and his warriors. "I am the village shaman for Manchester. Am I to understand that you have brought tribute? We have not encountered your federation before. Where are you from?"

---

"Yes," replied Chamberlain to Douglas. "My warriors took it from demons, and this too," he gestured to his rifle. "What are you thinking to do with the dragon tribe?"

"We come from Olympia a land far to the south, we have travelled here by ship and air to meet with your chief when our chief heard him on the radio. We have brought a copy of our great key stone as a gift to your people it may help your people understand some of the things you have found." The ranger captain said. "Please come and see this gift and show us where your chief is so we can present it to him" She indicated to the stone at the edge of the field with three other rangers sitting beside it.

"Give me news of your raid. Send messenger." Chamberlain and his entourage departed for Garura.

--

Radio? Ship? The shaman did not understand these words. Crick followed the ranger to the edge of the field. He approached the stone and gazed in awe at all the words and symbols on it. Most of them he did not understand. "I will return."

The shaman turned and walked towards the city, at a slow pace, but eventually disappeared into the distance. After about an hour, the man's small frame emerged, followed by about half a dozen strong-looking men and a couple of warriors with muskets slung over their shoulders and tomahawks at their waists.

As they neared the group of rangers, Crick gestured to the stone. "They will help you carry this. I have secured an audience with the chief." The slaves picked it up and began transporting it to the chief's great lodge.

The group was entering Garura's capital, the largest (and only) city in the tribe with a population numbering about 40,000. On the outskirts were farms, ranches, and the occasional band of warriors dragging something or other back to the city. Closer in were the warrior camps and slave quarter, all mobile as the housing so far was tents, much like tepees. A few people gave the group funny looks (most of them have not seen outsiders coming in peace before) but quickly went back to minding their own business when they saw them accompanied by a holy man.

Further inwards, where the shamans and others of high status lived, were more permanent structures like longhouses and wooden cabins. Finally they reached the center of the city where the great temple (a large wooden structure) and the Great Chief's lodge (ditto) were on either side of a large square which served festivals, religious ceremonies, and executions, usually simultaneously or in quick succession. The square was mostly empty and quiet today.

They dragged the stone into the yard of the lodge, and through the doors. They were in a great hall, at the end of which was a throne occupied by a large man. Three old men stood around it. The slaves carefully lowered the stone to the floor in front of the chief and departed along with the warriors.

"Welcome, Neo Olympians!" said Chamberlain in his booming voice.

The ranger captain said and bowed "We bring greetings from our chief the most esteemed Makov, We heard your words on our radio and we have came to greet you in person"

"Your message on the radio seemed confused about this technology you have discovered. Until twenty turns of the seasons ago we did not understand these things as well, But Markov (Bows at the mention of the name) discovered on one of our ceremonial sites a stone with some strange writings on it one of the languages was our written language and another was the language that of the ones who came before and was carved in many of our temples. He studied this tablet and had a dream that the messages were the same thing written in different languages and he taught himself to read the mysterious writings on the temple walls, The were written by our ancestors and contained a history of the war ancients and descriptions and explanations of the devices used in these wars from the time before." She recited.

"And when we heard your voice on the radio we knew that another sacred site had been found by its people, and we came to help you uncover its mysteries" She pointed at the stone that was being carried by the slaves and said "Our most esteemed chief Markov offers you this gift, it is a copy of the stone found at our site and it may contain that which you need to understand those devices that you have found"

"We also wish to trade with your people and learn more from what you have found, this lost age fascinates us because it was until recently the stuff of myth and legends"

"We can also show you what we have learned and trade our knowledge of what we know of this lost age and its history"

"You say the words on this stone will make me understand the muskets and the voice box?" Chamberlain blinked slowly, trying to wrap his mind around all this. "This is great gift! Come, come," he said gesturing to some slaves in the corner, who went to pick up the stone. An elderly man in very decorative garb stepped forward from beside the throne and raised his hand. The slaves stopped in their tracks. Even the chief froze and turned to him, as if waiting for him to dispense some wisdom or fearing that he may be struck by a bolt of lightning if he was not attentive.

"I am Michael Jackson," said the man who commanded so much respect from the tribesmen, "and I am the Guru of Time. The gods implore me to accept this most gracious of gifts, and I am their servant. Take it to the temple!" Compelled, the slaves moved double-time to the stone, lifted it, and took it to the great temple. "I will pray and study it for many hours." The shaman shuffled away, following the stone.

Chamberlain relaxed a little when the man left. "Yes...I thank you for your gift. It will help my people. If you must leave, Neo Olympians, I will not stop you, but take food and drink first. Give some to Markov as my thanks."