TNN: Tennessee News Network

Yort92

OOC:

My other news threads were sorta narrow focused and lost their purpose. The intent of this one is to be my long run News Topic. I'll get links to the other news topics after I take the time to search them and get the URLs on here. I'll have different kinds of reports in here. Some like newscaster reports on TV or radio, and others like official Government information (which may be classified at times...). Feel free to comment on stuff!

IC:

(A news fanfare with the TNN logo. Camera then moves to Paul Good, the newscaster)

Good Afternoon everyone! Today we wish to report on the astounding growth that the Tennessee Federation has been experiencing recently! The amazing and steady population growth thanks to the growth of infrastructure! The official number now stands at 2,032,100 (20,321 X 100)! With this growth comes the ability to utilize numerous resources within our nation. Gold and Uranium production has nearly tripled. Resources that haven't been utilized before are now becoming full fledged national resources. Aluminum, coal, diamonds, iron, lead, lumber, marble, oil, rubber, and silver are are now great industries in Tennessee. Factories, mines, and production facilities dot the map of Tennessee. Other great industries are making their way into the nation as well. With the laissez-faire government, all these new industries are coming to thrive! Steel companies have found their way in. The Auto industry booms in the New Port (Chicago) area. The largest of these is Tri-Star Motors, sporting their big 'Tri-Star' logo, produces the highest quality cars in the nation. The computer (microchip) industry has moved in as well with heavy centers in Nashville. Tennessee Construction Works, who also works the heavy asphalt industry, helps produce much of the infrastructure roads in Tennessee. All these industries are providing jobs for hundreds of thousands of people!

The schools in Tennessee are also beginning to get international recognition. One of the largest universities in the Southern Tennessee area known simply as South Tennessee University is a center of scholarly research and technological advancement.

We'd like to note also that our neighbor, Rebel Virginia, is supporting their people's right of liberty! We are also sorry to report that Pope Bubba was assassinated. We hope you will pray for their people.

We look forward to our bright Tennessee future!

OOC: Basically making IG things known.

Edited by Yort92

Abnormally freezing cold temperatures have slowed down much of Tennessee's work. Even schools and some businesses in the northern parts are shutting down. Most of the southern parts are closed as well.

(OOC: Yea, I know, random. But I got outta school Friday and it's been cold every since.)

• 2 weeks later...

In the news today:

President Yortme has signed numerous contracts and new build orders with the Tri-Star Company. Tri-Star is now the largest producer of military equipment in the nation. Preliminary reports conclude that new weapons, vehicles, and aircraft are being built. Specifics are still uknown at this time. President Yortme has said that he is worried by the relatively weakness of Tennessee's military. He has said that his first priorty is the protection of his citizens...

*President Yortme Classified Letter to Top Tennessee Governing Officials and Close Friends of the Federation (BTP) and Leaders of the World* (OOC: I guess effectively making it unclassified...)

From the desk of the President:

My Friends,

Our infrastructure and technological advances are expanding at a rapid rate. Protection is the main function of this governing body. I therefore am giving out executive orders to expand the military. Construction of new military equipment will commence in the many factories throughout Tennessee. A report of each new development is attached to this. One will notice perhaps that a navy is not in the military plans of this Federation. I am confident our friends and neighbors of the coast will be able to deter any threat from the great waters. As such, development will focus primarily on ground and air units. Millions are being spent here. Bases and Forts will be expanded and updated with new defensive systems and weapons. We will disclose all developmental products to the BTP openly.

~President Yortme

of the Tennessee Federation

Development Plans and initial build orders: (OOC: www.warhawk.com for pictures. I can't get them to go here...)

Ground Troop Weapons:

Tri-Star Model 18 Automatic Rifle (100,000)

The 100,000 EUR-002 rifles will be used as side weapons and for police personnel. This new powerful automatic rifle will become Tennessee's primary ground force's weapon.

Tri-Star Pistol (120,000)

The new pistol will also go into service in the military. It will go to ground troops, pilots, and even navy forces.

Tri-Star SK-3 Sniper Rifle (10,000)

This high powered sniper rifle will be a valuable asset to our forces.

Tri-Star S-19 Man-Portable Homing Missile (5,000)

A high power shoulder fired missile.

Vehicles: The Tri-Star company is also constructing many new vehicles for our own forces. (OOC: In Warhawk: Eucadian models)

Tri-Star Tank (5 divisions)

This large tank is very different than most modern tanks. It has one very powerful cannon. It has very powerful armor. It houses a crew of 3. Driver, cannon operator, and a computer operator (for navigation and communications). There can also be an additional crew man who can be useful as a spotter or a defender through the hatch on the tank.

Tri-Star Jeep (3,000)

This lightly armed vehicle is very fast moving and features a rotating 50. Caliber machine gun on its rear. It can carry a crew of three.

Turret Emplacements on Military Strongholds:

Tri-Star AAA/p 30mm Flak Cannon

Effective flak cannon used against aircraft.

Tri-Star STA Missile Lock-On Turret Systems

Highly powerful long range SAM emplacement

Aircraft:

The Tri-Star War Hawk (10 Squadrons) (OOC: The RP capabilities will be a little less than the game version... laws of physics apply here)

Development of an all around effective multirole fighter are complete. Capable of hovering like a Harrier very quickly, it is a highly effective bomber. With high speeds and powerful weapons, it is also a powerful fighter craft. Weapons include a high powerful machine gun, small anti-air stinger missiles, large long range anti-air homing missiles, cluster bomblettes, and a powerful TOW missile that is a destructive ground weapon.

Edited by Yort92