Norden Verein

Emperor ß

The taking of any life is wrong, but war is not fair and in war people die. However the killing of unarmed innocents, for any reason or any race, creed or nationality is something I find abhorent. As a soldier I accepted that being killed is a part of my job, as is killing my enemy. However, I could be not part of anything which involves killing innocents. be it one or a million, and could never understand anyone participating or extolling such an act of barbarity. Ooops off in rant mode, sorry
If my Commanding Officer ever issued me an order informing me to inform my subordinates to commit acts that I knew were wrong and did not follow the R.O.E., or any treaty act, ie. Geneva Conventions, then I would not issue such an order. They can say whatever they want to me, but I know what is right. Plus, this attitude towards good orders and not so good orders got me to O-4 so I'm not complaining.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my Commanding Officer ever issued me an order informing me to inform my subordinates to commit acts that I knew were wrong and did not follow the R.O.E., or any treaty act, ie. Geneva Conventions, then I would not issue such an order. They can say whatever they want to me, but I know what is right. Plus, this attitude towards good orders and not so good orders got me to O-4 so I'm not complaining.
MHAil kamerad, all soldiers are responsible for their actions, in the eyes of International Law Edited by Wilhelm1908