Spies Are Open For Purchase!!

hm4a1

As a few of you may have noticed spies are now open for purchase!

Unfortunately for me, I sent all my money into an AID chain without checking first.. DAMN IT ARGHH!!!!

O.K. this should be the first Spy discussion thread since their opening so lets discuss here people! I will buy one or two tomorrow and put in some of my own feedback then. But let me be the first to say: "Great work Kevin!".

Discuss...

Edited by HM4A1

For me, spying is way too expensive to be useful, and defending against spying will almost certainly cost much more than the damage spies could do to me. That will change as I get bigger though.

It costs 55 mil to get max spies <_< . I think the price should be decreased.

For me, spying is way too expensive to be useful, and defending against spying will almost certainly cost much more than the damage spies could do to me. That will change as I get bigger though.
It costs 55 mil to get max spies <_< . I think the price should be decreased.

Ok yer, but I think spies are meant to be a unit for the larger and richer nations, giving younger nations something to work for and look forward too.

I'm not saying they are meant to be for young nations, I'm just saying that the best thing I can do at the moment is to set threat level to low and ignore spies. As I grow, spies will become more useful for their price.

And rozalia, it isn't all or nothing :)

At the current price structures I don't see spies being useful. Ever. At all. Everything costs far, far more than it's worth with the one single possible exception of Intel gathering. And that's only potentially useful for two pieces of information provided, the rest are pointless.

If I ever think it's a good idea to spend a quarter million dollars (ON TOP of the initial spy purchase cost of course) to possibly destroy 10 grand worth of enemy tanks for example, somebody please have me committed.

Edited by Reformentia

Spies have the ability to change the desired religion.

When I build the Great Temple wonder, my people always desire the religion I set.

How do these two work together? Does the religion change have no effect when a temple is built? Or does it screw up the effect of the temple?

At the current price structures I don't see spies being useful. Ever. At all. Everything costs far, far more than it's worth with the one single possible exception of Intel gathering. And that's only potentially useful for two pieces of information provided, the rest are pointless.

If I ever think it's a good idea to spend a quarter million dollars (ON TOP of the initial spy purchase cost of course) to possibly destroy 10 grand worth of enemy tanks for example, somebody please have me committed.

Destroying $1M of the enemy's money or a nuke could be useful.