Bonus count

BOMBARDIA

The way it works is you have a base population. This is based on the starting population and the amount of infrastructure/land you have. The base population is modified by any population improving resources, improvements or wonders you have; your environment, the GRL and events to give you what you see as your working citizens. Any change in either the base or modifiers will change your working citizens. In fact, everytime you access your nation display the formula is run. It just won't reflect anything different if there were no changes. So in your example, buying infrastructure is a change and the formula will be run and reflect the new citizens including the 5% bonus Cattle gives.

The way it works is you have a base population. This is based on the starting population and the amount of infrastructure/land you have. The base population is modified by any population improving resources, improvements or wonders you have; your environment, the GRL and events to give you what you see as your working citizens. Any change in either the base or modifiers will change your working citizens. In fact, everytime you access your nation display the formula is run. It just won't reflect anything different if there were no changes. So in your example, buying infrastructure is a change and the formula will be run and reflect the new citizens including the 5% bonus Cattle gives.

So say I have 1000 citizens. I then get the bonus. Now I have 1050. Then I buy infra and as a result, I have 1050+75=1125 ? or that bonus makes me have 5% more than 75. I'm sorry, but this really confuses me.

The information index says each point of infrastructure gives you 7-10 population. I'm not sure how random it is for individual points, but I have noticed that when buying groups of 50, I got nearly the same amount each time, with a difference of maybe 1 population. The more % bonuses you get, the more you seem to get per point. With the bonuses I have now, I was getting 113-114 population per 10 infrastructure that I buy. I know this doesn't exactly answer your question but maybe it will give you an idea of how it works. If you get a new % pop. bonus it will give you that much of a boost to your current population, and then it will affect any future purchases as well.

So say I have 1000 citizens. I then get the bonus. Now I have 1050. Then I buy infra and as a result, I have 1050+75=1125 ? or that bonus makes me have 5% more than 75. I'm sorry, but this really confuses me.

The way it works using your example is this:

you have 1000 citizens as your base. As you indicate, the bonus will modify this to 1050. So now you add infrastructure which gives you another 75 citizens to add to your base. This then gets modified by any modifiers, in this case the 5% bonus. So it's:

[1000+75]*1.05 = 1129

The base is simply your infrastructure times the base number plus starting population plus land times .2 which is in turn modified by any modifiers you have. Everytime you buy infrastructure or land, it adds to the base population which is then modified.

The way it works using your example is this:

you have 1000 citizens as your base. As you indicate, the bonus will modify this to 1050. So now you add infrastructure which gives you another 75 citizens to add to your base. This then gets modified by any modifiers, in this case the 5% bonus. So it's:

[1000+75]*1.05 = 1129

The base is simply your infrastructure times the base number plus starting population plus land times .2 which is in turn modified by any modifiers you have. Everytime you buy infrastructure or land, it adds to the base population which is then modified.

Hey! Learning has occured... Thanks

The information index says each point of infrastructure gives you 7-10 population. I'm not sure how random it is for individual points, but I have noticed that when buying groups of 50, I got nearly the same amount each time, with a difference of maybe 1 population. The more % bonuses you get, the more you seem to get per point. With the bonuses I have now, I was getting 113-114 population per 10 infrastructure that I buy. I know this doesn't exactly answer your question but maybe it will give you an idea of how it works. If you get a new % pop. bonus it will give you that much of a boost to your current population, and then it will affect any future purchases as well.

Thanks,