No Defeat Alerts

Treniac

So i attacked 2 nations. One was 20 days inactive and I really just attacked to keep from peace and whatnot, the other was only maybe 10 days inactive. Also I was the only person these nations were in wars with.

So on the day i attacked neither had soldiers defending and I went to ground attack to send defeat alert and there was none. I figured maybe I can't send a defeat alert on the first day of attack.

So next day the first nation is gone for inactivity but I try to ground attack the other and still no defeat alert.

I checked the FAQ and didn't see anything that really addressed defeat alerts but just wanted to report this and get some possible clarification.

There were no actual attacks. I attempted to attack and I got a you cannot attack as battle odds are too low, instead of the usual raiding party destroyed X message.

I'm now doing raids and destroying tech and money. Not sure if it was just a temp fluke or what but it's not happening anymore so I can't get a screenie.