Coalition of Independent Nations Recruitment Thread

Quinpin

Forum Link: http://s1.zetaboards.com/CoIN_Alliance/index

gold-flag.gif

The Charter of the Coalition of Independent Nations

Preamble

It is on this day, the 25th of June 2008, that we hereby adopt this charter to form the Coalition of Independent Nations.

I. Coming and Going

a. A nation wishing to join the CoIN must not be the enemy of another alliance, must not be in any active wars, and must have paid all debts back to their former alliance.

b. Membership in the CoIN is exclusive, anyone who applies to become a member must answer any questions asked within his or her application.

c. Upon being a member for 30 days the new member can sign up to receive new member aid in the form of $3,000,000. After receiving this aid the nation must remain a CoIN member for a period of 60 days. If the nation chooses to leave they must repay the $3,000,000 in full before changing their Alliance Affiliation.

d. Members leaving the Coalition of Independent Nations must have paid back their debts in full. Loans, not aid, are expected to be repaid.

e. All nations below 12,000 Nation Strength are required to change their team color to brown.

f. Potential Member must agree to the following oath to become a member. The applicant will apply for membership, be questioned by fellow members (as usual) and then be offered the oath.

I "NAME" agree to follow every aspect of the CoIN Charter. I understand my duties as an CoIN Member and realize that I'm never to attack a nation without full consent of a Military Official.

I understand in order to receive my 3 mil in aid I must complete one of the following:

-Become a seller in a Tech Fiesta

-Complete a Final Exam

-Be part of the CoIN for 60 days

Upon receiving my 3 mil in new member aid I understand I must stay part of the alliance for at least 60 more days. Any member suspected of being a thief of the CoIN Banks will be brought to Military action.

II. Government and Members

a. Hierarchy (Lowest to Highest)

i. CoIN Members

ii. Generals

iii. Regents

iv. Ministers

v. Lord

b. CoIN Member: CoIN Members are the heart and soul of the alliance. They elect Regents to represent them.

c. Generals: Generals command the battallions and are in charge of roll calls. They report to the MoD and are appointed by the Lord. Members of the War Council.

d. CoIN Regents: The CoIN Regents is a group of 3 people elected by the general members of CoIN. They are elected to a 1 month term. The Regents may overturn a decision by any government office with a 2/3 majority vote. They also must approve all appointments any government office makes by 2/3 majority vote. Any government official can be removed from office by a unanimous vote as well as the approval of the highest ranking, uninvolved, government official. Also, if this vote does not get improved by the highest ranking uninvolved official, that decision can be overrulled by a unanimous vote of CoIN regents as well as a 1/2 vote of the general public. The # of Regents increases by 1 for every 25 members after 50.

e. Minister of Foreign Affairs : The MoFA will be chief diplomat and organize the Ambassador Corps, as well as negotiating treaties with the Lord.

f. Minister of Internal Affairs : The MoIA is in charge of all the internal matters of CoIN, like forum management and the masking of members. He also runs the recruiter and mentor corps.

g. Minister of Finance : The MoF is in charge of the CoIN banks, tech deals, aid programs, and trade circles.

h. Minister of Defense: The MoD is in charge of the military and can order attacks with permission from the War Council.

i. Lord: The Lord is head of the alliance. He signs all treaties and war declarations. He can make any program he sees fit for the alliance as long as it does not contradict another act. Power can branch into all areas of government to do as he sees fit.

III. The War Council

a. This council shall be made up of the Minister of Defense and all the generals.

b. This council alone has the power to declare war but only by a unanimous vote of all the members.

c. The council’s decision must be signed by the Lord to be enacted.

IV. Military Action

a. An CoIN nation may attack another nation that is unaligned and inactive. This attack must also be cleared by someone who is General or higher. If the General or Minister of Defense wish to declare war they may with approval of the lord.

b. CoIN has a No Preemptive Nuclear Strike Policy. Nuclear weapons may only be launched with permission from the General or above. A member who is attacked with a nuclear weapon may retaliate by launching one of their own.

c. Any nation found spying on CoIN will be ZIed.

d. An unaligned nation attacking a CoIN nation will be subject to immediate ZI.

e. An aligned nation attacking an CoIN nation will be handled diplomatically before militarily.

f. Any nation found to be ghosting the CoIN AA will be warned 48 hours in advance to remove their AA. If the AA is not removed after 48 hours the offender will be ZIed.

V. Justice

a. If a member of CoIN commits an act against another CoIN member they may be brought to court. The Lord of the Coalition will reside as judge with the CoIN Regents serving as the jury

b. The jury will vote on the verdict and the verdict will pass by a majority vote.

VI. Miscellaneous

a. CoIN is prohibited to merging into another alliance. We’d like to keep our identity, thank you very much.

b. Amendments to this charter may be suggested by any member of CoIN. Said amendment will be put up to vote. To pass an ammendment to the charter of the Coalition of Independent States there must be a 2/3 vote of CoIN Regents, the lord, and a 3/4 vote of Ministers

Signed this day of our Lord, June 25th 2008

Quinpin, Lord of the Coalition

Slicer845695, Minister of Defense

Sulli90, Minister of Internal Internal Affairs

Jerry Wagner, Minister of Finance

thelawrence25, Minister of Foreign Affairs

blue2000, Regent

crazyguy945, Regent

Destroyer of Worlds, Regent

Edited by Quinpin

• Replies 122
  • Created