Uranium.

Insane

Two problems... well the second depends on the first.

"Reduces infrastructure upkeep cost -3%. Allow nations to develop nuclear weapons only if that nations government preference supports nuclear weapons. If a nations government preference favors nuclear technology for the use of nuclear power plants but does not support nuclear weapons then the nation will receive +$3.00 per citizen and +$0.15 for every level of tech purchased up to level 30 but loses -1 population happiness. If a nation owns nuclear weapons but does not have uranium the cost to maintain nukes is doubled."

If I am losing -1, i should gain a happiness for trading for uranium, right? But, I am assuming thats a error in wording.

If its a wording error, then I would have to say that Uranium is unbalanced, if you count the environment penalty and this happiness loss... its not fair.

I mean, if I don't support weapons, then my people should be happier (+1), or atleast if I change my option to support nukes, then I should get +1 then. (Either they would be in favor of having them or not, no reason why they should not be happy with or without them, if this was the case, then I wouldn't tell my citizens we have uranium. :awesome: )

It is this way:

- If you use uranium for nothing (neither power plants nor nukes), it brings nothing but +1 for the trade itself if you have it as team-trade and the -3% infra upkeep. But you face 1 environment penalty for importing it.

- If you use uranium for power plants, you get the -3% infra upkeep, and up to $7.5 base income and +1happiness for the trade if it is a team-trade. But -1 happiness for using nuclear power and 1 environment penalty.

- If you use it for nuclear weaponry, you get the -3% infra upkeep, -50% nuclear upkeep and +1happiness for the trade if it is a team-trade, but 3 environment penalty (1 for importing uranium, 1 for using it for nuclear weaponry, 1 for owning nuclear weapons). You can in this case buy a Nuclear Power Plant Wonder to get back the $7.5 financial bonus.

After all, Uranium is a quite good resource. All of our nations are advised to have it, for a reason.