Population per mile bug

Lord Emares

Hi guys,

I've been reading about and by my calculations my population per mile before my people become unhappy is supposed to be 110 (i have water) yet it is not i am getting messages and population happiness drops when my population per mile goes over 90. Yet if i buy land to get it under 90 and then sell that land back over 90 my population are no longer unhappy...

Here is the process i go through:

Buy Infra

Buy improvements

Look at my nation screen

Buy Land until the message goes away (90 pop per mile)

Now i decided to test this since i was kinda miffed at having a lower pop per mile than everybody else...So i sold land to bring me back over the 90 pop per mile threshold and the message did not reappear...

I'll post again next time i'm doing this

If you get this error again try clearing your Internet cache. You may be looking at a cached version of the nation display page.

Its happened again.

Cleared my internet cache the error is still appearing

/***Screenie removed***/

Edited by Lord Emares

on a similar note,

My population density of 71.26 has never caused my people to be unhappy until I logged in today. I have not made any changes to my nation today except change my defcon/threat level to high/severe (which shouldn't impact my pop density). I was under the impression that severe unhappiness can be avoided (the red text) as long as my population density was <75/mile. Has this changed? I didn't see an update in the game change logs.

Edited by JayliN

on a similar note,

My population density of 71.26 has never caused my people to be unhappy until I logged in today. I have not made any changes to my nation today except change my defcon/threat level to high/severe (which shouldn't impact my pop density). I was under the impression that severe unhappiness can be avoided (the red text) as long as my population density was <75/mile. Has this changed? I didn't see an update in the game change logs.

The limit has always been at 70 if you don't have water. The in-game warning message was incorrect but has now been fixed.