Where have all the good times gone?

Combat_Pope

Do people still do these? its been like 10 years (kill me)

Looking to reminisce about the glory days, circa 2008/9 if anyone is still around from those days. I may even stick around

Combat Pope

former UBD, TGH, Solaris, Atlas and about a half dozen others I've long since forgotten

They do, also if you can remember details you could probably get your old account (https://forums.cybernations.net/profile/30105-combat-pope/) by posting here: https://forums.cybernations.net/forum/19-moderation/.

I would say a good amount of the Atlas people ended up at GATO, but ultimately it's dealers choice in terms of where you would want to end up if you decide to stay. For the most part, people have moved to Discord as opposed to forums / IRC, so you might find some of these here: https://forums.cybernations.net/topic/130674-alliance-discord-thread/

You mean i wont get to download mIRC and sign up to zetaboards? that's tragic.

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that. I must have used an old email I've since lost to register that account.  I remember seeing your name on these forums back in the day, pleased to see there are still folks around :)

Ha.  Tragic indeed.

My primary time investment in CN was during the time period you played as well.  I came back after about 10 years to a much smaller game, but the community is still fun.

I remember UBD!  Enjoyed working with them for a time.  Like you, my home AA had long passed when I returned.  I hope you are able to rediscover what made you love CN most on this new visit of yours to this old planet we call home.  :)

On 10/2/2024 at 4:03 PM, Combat_Pope said:

You mean i wont get to download mIRC and sign up to zetaboards? that's tragic.

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that. I must have used an old email I've since lost to register that account.  I remember seeing your name on these forums back in the day, pleased to see there are still folks around :)

Nope no more IRC, only discord.

On 10/3/2024 at 5:31 AM, GearHead said:

Ha.  Tragic indeed.

My primary time investment in CN was during the time period you played as well.  I came back after about 10 years to a much smaller game, but the community is still fun.

I remember UBD!  Enjoyed working with them for a time.  Like you, my home AA had long passed when I returned.  I hope you are able to rediscover what made you love CN most on this new visit of yours to this old planet we call home.  :)

After some Digging on the old Wiki i see you were in TFD, i remember you guys, Lusitan rings a bell and i remember voting for Firebolt for the senate , good times.

thanks for the warm greeting :)