Italy-USA Diplomatic Meeting

lkfht

Chancellor of Defense Lucas Passarella would meet Ambassador Joshua Moore after he arrived at Aviano Air Base. The base used to be utilized by the USAF 31st Fighter Wing, however it was turned over back to Italy when the US fell apart. Now the two nations meet at this historical site to discuss future military cooperation, European security, and bilateral relations.

"Mister Ambassador, welcome to Italy. If you do not mind I would like to get down to business. As you already know Europe has become a powder cake and armed conflict is just on the horizon for the continent. The European Community's commitments are failing to preserve peace. The reason I have asked your government to send a representative to Italy is to possibly arrange a defense and military agreement. Thoughts?"

"Well Italy and the United States have historically been close security allies, and there is no reason why this could not be the case in today's times. The US government is looking to establish a military base somewhere in Europe to provide for the common defense of our European allies, Italy being one of them. The majority of the assets would be naval and aerial in kind, but we are open to Italian preference. Would Italy be willing to perhaps allow the US to lease or purchase Aviano Air Base and/or Naval Station Naples?"

"The Italian government is very much open to handing over the bases to US military possession under certain conditions. First if the bases were to be deactivated they would be handed back over to Italian ownership. Second, free trade agreements along with reduced travel restrictions for Italians to visit the United States. Third, the Italian government retains control over the surrounding municipalities around the bases and that US forces respect Italian law where applicable. Fourth, Italy and the US take under serious consideration joint military cooperation on all levels and no treaty less than an ODP. If the US is willing to concede to these conditions, the bases will be handed over to the US as soon as possible. The reason Italy is willing to make such an offer is because of the threat European stability is facing from other European countries or outside ones. Italy wishes only the best for its citizens in a global environment and hopes the US will play a strategic role in that regard."

"I believe the United States may concede to these terms. I have a draft proposal with me for both our delegations to review."

Ambassador Joshua Moore would pull out a packet and hand it to the Defense Chancellor. Inside would be a treaty with military intelligence clauses, as well as provisions for ptional defense and aggression in regards to joint military ventures. It would also outline the exact details of the base handover agreement.

"I believe all is in order."

The Defense Chancellor would then pickup his favorite pen and sign it. Afterwards he would reply to the American, "Europe is on the brink of war. I urge the USA to begin its deployments ASAP."

After the meeting was finished the American Ambassador would be driven back to his embassy in Rome.