Neighbors Across the Fence

Biohazard

TO: NEW BABYLON

Greetings neighbors; I believe it is long overdue that our two nations have a sit-down and discuss where we stand both economically and diplomatically. I would like to invite Babylon to send a representative, as well as a diplomatic staff, to the new Babylonian embassy that is finishing construction in Alexandria.

I look forward to our meeting.

Signed,

Ioannes Palaiologos,

Bishop of Alexandria

TO: NEW BABYLON

Greetings neighbors; I believe it is long overdue that our two nations have a sit-down and discuss where we stand both economically and diplomatically. I would like to invite Babylon to send a representative, as well as a diplomatic staff, to the new Babylonian embassy that is finishing construction in Alexandria.

I look forward to our meeting.

Signed,

Ioannes Palaiologos,

Bishop of Alexandria

The response would state that a Babylonian delegation would arrive within the week

One week Later

The main delegation would go to the embassy whilst Darius would head to the meeting with Loannes Palaiologos. On arriving he would introduce himself.

"Greetings, I am Foreign Minister Darius, representative of the Empire".

OOC

Skip to the meeting.

Ioannes nodded his approval, letting Darius introduce himself. 

"Currently, we have waived fees for Babylon's Suez voyages. I believe that, in addition to this, a simple non-aggression pact should be signed between our nations as well as a mutual defense treaty. Alexandria is small, but you recognized the ownership of the Suez as Alexandrian when it first came under our control. That means a lot to myself personally, as well as to Alexandria. We would be willing to defend the Empire, as a sign of good will and faith in the Empire."

Ioannes nodded his approval, letting Darius introduce himself. 

"Currently, we have waived fees for Babylon's Suez voyages. I believe that, in addition to this, a simple non-aggression pact should be signed between our nations as well as a mutual defense treaty. Alexandria is small, but you recognized the ownership of the Suez as Alexandrian when it first came under our control. That means a lot to myself personally, as well as to Alexandria. We would be willing to defend the Empire, as a sign of good will and faith in the Empire."

"Babylon would be interested in signing both types of agreement on the condition that if Alexandria ceases to exist as a sovereign state, the canal falls under Imperial jurisdiction on a following condition that we comply with the policy set down by Alexandria concerning canal transit."

"I believe that this would be acceptable." The pair spent the majority of the time hammering out the specific clauses. As Ioannes was preparing to leave, he scribbled down his signature.

Ioannes Palaiologos,

[i]Bishop of Alexandria[/i]