Shifting Sands, Flashing Sky

[b]To: The Office of Foreign Minister of Sudan

Subj: Diplomatic Formalization[/b]

[i]To whom it may concern[/i]

As the development of the Stormlands continues internally, so does it continue externally as well. It is our intent to state that we have found Sudan to be an upstanding member of the global community, with views that seem to fit within our own viewpoints on global affairs.

It is such that we request a meeting with a delegation from Sudan, whether it be in the Sudan, or in the Stormlands, matters to us. We hope that you accept this invitation to talks, and look forward to your response.

Signed with best of regards,

[i]Taman Volcer[/i]

Executor of the Exterior

Esteemed Member of the High Council

TO: The Stormlands Administration of the Exterior

Mr. Volcer, it would be my pleasure to receive any representative from the Stormlands here at my office in Khartoum. Simply telefax your flight schedule, and the appropriate preparations will be made for your arrival.

After a positive reply was received from Sudan, Taman Volcer would arrange a government flight to the Eastern African nation within the coming days, and give advance to his hosts of his arrival. After four days time, the Stormlands' Executor of the Exterior would depart from Stormsend for a jaunt 'across the pond' to Africa, the government airliner bearing him, also featuring an elaborate color scheme, designed as part of a contest to paint various Stormlands government aircraft with art from entrants in high school art contests.

Upon approaching Sudanese airspace, the Stormlands airliner would make necessary radio checks with Khartoum as it prepared to cross the border from Athenian protectorate space into the African nation.

Mr. Volcer's aircraft would be granted permission to land in Khartoum, and a small detachment of the Sudanese Army would meet him at the airport. The provided motorcade would make a slight detour to pass by where some of the new state-managed apartments were under construction, before finally arriving in the secured grounds of the Chancellor's Residence. Chancellor Okot Samara met him in the courtyard, "Welcome to Sudan, Mr. Volcer."

Sudan-Presidential-Palace.jpg

Taman would take the opportunity on the ride in from Khartoum's airport to take stock of some notes compiled by the Administration of the Exterior prior to his arrival in Sudan, whilst taking in his surroundings. From what he understood, the relatively new African nation was one that was on the move, and active diplomatically, the latter point was something that was notable to the Stormlands. The South American nation had had little diplomatic dealings since its inception, and it was truly starting to look outward now, after establishing a relatively stable reputation amongst the American nations that neighbored it. This would be the first foray to Africa, and for an ambitious minister overseeing the external affairs of a nation, Taman Volcer certainly did not hope it would be its last foray.

Arriving in the courtyard of Samara's residence, he noted the relative extravagance, and smiled wistfully to himself as the vehicle stopped, and he would step out of it once the door opened. He brought a fist up to his chest and bowed his head slightly, in typical Stormlander fashion when meeting a foreign dignitary, "Thank you for your courtesy, Chancellor Samara. The Lord Protector of the Stormlands sends his regards with me, thank you for receiving me."

Chancellor Samara returned a slight bow, and motioned towards the building, "Of course. I am always happy to receive foreign dignitaries. I hope your flight was pleasant." He would lead Volcer though the building to an office overseeing the Nile river. A pair of leather-padded chairs sat in the center of the room, a coffee table sitting between them. "Anything to drink? I make sure to keep my office well stocked."

OOC: Sorry for the lackluster post. For some reason I have been rather braindead lately.

The Stormlands diplomat would smile and respond, as he followed Samara into the ornate palace, "Yes, my flight was quite pleasant. I tend to get a large amount of work done whenever I take relatively long flights on."

He took the opportunity to look out at the Nile River for a few moments, collecting his thoughts, before taking a seat in one of the leather chairs and leaning back in it with a sigh, responding, "Straight vodka, just a little bit though, please."

Okot would hand Volcer the drink before taking a seat himself across from the diplomat. He himself had whiskey, "So, what is it that the Stormlands wished to discuss with me? I appreciate the comment on Sudan being an upstanding state, I do try to keep things civil."

Taman would thank the Sudanese leader for the drink, taking it in his hand, he swirled the cup in his hands, making the vodka flow in a circle before taking a sip from it and setting it down.

"Well, as an upstanding state in Africa, we're trying to break out of relative diplomatic isolation to build relationships abroad," started Taman. "The honorable Athenians do hold much sway over Africa, but several other nations have been doing much to earn respect. We're hoping that this meeting will form the basis of a relationship that we can develop further over time."

"Completely reasonable. Athens is a just but distant presence in Africa. They generally seem to maintain the peace, but we are left well enough alone. I'll admit, I'm a bit ignorant of the Stormlands, but I haven't heard anything negative." Chancellor Samara chuckled and sipped from his glass, "I'm of the opinion that the easiest way to build a friendship is though mutual benefit. How does some kind of economic agreement sound? Perhaps something that also encourages tourism between us. Make things less alien, more familiar."