Diplomatic Cable

To:  Athenian Federation Foreign Ministry

Topic: Establishing Relations

The American Commonwealth State Department wishes to know if the Athenian Federation would be open to receiving our president in a diplomatic function in order to establish diplomatic relations between our nation.  We look forward to your reply.

To whomever it may concern,

On behalf of the Megale Autokrateira I would like to formally invite the President of the American Commonwealth to the city of Athens for the establishment of formal diplomatic talks. 

Sincerely,

Hassan Karimi

President Bronson made the long trip over the Atlantic getting some work done before deciding to just rest about halfway through the journey.  This would be his first foreign visit in a while and his first official visit to a European country.  The Presidential 747 made the journey with ease and requested access to Athenian airspace and landing.

OOC: You can rp out the arrival and what not to speed it along if you want.

Upon the first hail the plane would be guided to Athens AFB where it was initially received by a detachment from the High Guard and a delegation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Upon exchanging the initial pleasantries the president was taken to a limousine and under protection from the High Guard taken to the Imperial Palace just outside the city. Once at the center of the enormous network of complexes that formed the Imperial Palace the president would be taken inside to the throne room where the Megale Autokrateira was already waiting.

"Mister President, it is  a pleasure" she said as she rose from her throne and walked forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Ariadne nodded as she guided the man to an office at the side of the throne room. "Thank you, it is the work of generations. To think that only a century ago this city was in ruins"she said as she took a seat. "If you would like anything to drink or eat my staff would be happy to accommodate"

• 3 weeks later...

"No thank you I'm fine.  I had lunch on the plane" me said.  "The American Commonwealth sees a potential mutual partner in the Athenian Federation.  My country seeks to expand our global viewpoint and establish stronger diplomatic relations with Europe.  As the largest European nation that also has land holdings in the Americas it is somewhat natural to attempt to establish relations with the Athenian Federation first.  I would like to propose the establishment of a non-aggression and economic cooperation treaty along with the creation of an educational and cultural exchange programs".

Ariadne nodded as she heard out the man. "Historically trade and cultural interactions have formed the greatest empires in the world and the return to isolationism has seen them destroyed. In this historical context how could I ignore a call for an economic partnership and exchange programs? Do you have anything specific  in mind?"

Bronson called over an aide who provided a document that had been prepared.  "Hopefully this is acceptable to you".

American Commonwealth-Athenian Federation Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation
The signatories to this treaty re-affirm their desires for peaceful relations and the establishment of closer ties with each other through measures of mutual cooperation.

Article I: Non-Aggression
The parties to this treaty agree to renounce the use of military force against each other and resolve to clear any disputes through diplomatic means.

Article II: Economic Cooperation
Both parties will do their best to institute economic and trade policies that promote free enterprise and economic cooperation between their respective nations.

Article III: Culture & Education
Both parties will direct their various cultural and educational organizations and institutions to lay the frame work for cultural and education exchange programs between their respective nations in the hope that mutual learning of such matters will lead to a better and stronger relationship between their two peoples.

Article IV: General Cooperation
The parties to this treaty may also voluntarily offer assistance in other miscellaneous matters including diplomatic actions and non-sensitive intelligence that may be deemed important to the other signatory.

• 2 weeks later...