Nutmeg Redux

Hartford, Nutmeg Empire

A man in a powdered wig stood before the convention of delegates that had just elected him Emperor. Facing the audience of men, he coughed and then spoke in a soft voice.
"My brethren, I stand before you today as a humbled, but proud man. You have given me the great honour of leading our fledgling nation from the brink of the abyss into God willing, the Promised Land. My speech will not be a long one, I can assure you that." The other men laughed and most shouted "Hear hear!" Quieting the room with a rap of his walking stick upon the oak table, the man again began to speak.

"I know not what course the future may take... I know not what course our nation will take but I can promise you this. As long as I remain your chosen leader... I will bring peace and prosperity to the Nutmeg Empire." Taking the oath of fealty to the Empire, the man smiled broadly and said. "Assuming, by the will of the Kingdom, I, John Davison Rockefeller acceptthe title of Emperor of the Nutmeg Empire, I do solemnly swear to be faithful to the provisions of this body; I pledge that I shall steadfastly safeguard the dignity of the Nation, the independence and security of the State, and also that the good of the Homeland and the prosperity of its citizens shall forever remain my supreme obligation. So help me God."

Outside the State Capitol building, the Emperor's Horse Guard cheered and artillery shot was heard off in the distance.

OOC: 1800s-1900s Progressivist Industrialist Playing... basically y'all be facing dreadnoughts and I expect dreadnoughts :P I got Ty's permission by PM and I had JED's and Altar's

After confirmation from Military High Command came, the troops and generals stood down. The New Greenlandic government would determine the Nutmeg Empire had achieved sufficient support and formally grant it independence. Troops and assets would be gradually withdrawn, with the Empire being placed under the Doctrine.

[b]PRIVATE[/b]

As the majority of New Greenlandic troops were withdrawing from New England, a small detachment remained behind at the various Atlantic Confederacy military ports in the region. Part of the reformed Greenlandic navy, their job was simple: crew any remaining naval vessels back to Osea, Greenland. Although the vessels had been stripped of their electronics and other systems, most were in good working order with a few damaged from the incursion against the Umbrella Commonwealth. Although New Greenland naval forces were currently being constructed, these vessels would be refitted with necessary systems and mothballed for usage if necessary in the defense of New Greenland.