Iron Strings

Owned-You

[b][Classified][/b]

[center][img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PyRwUmg36Nk/TTreCoxCQbI/AAAAAAAAAHo/wDdyliaFW1Q/s1600/secret-meeting-d1397_sml.jpg[/img]
[/center][center][i][size="1"]Strategic Central Command -- An Undisclosed Location[/size][/i][/center]
"Over the last year I've witnessed the growing deterioration of the Americas. It would seem that both the North & South is falling apart as the old titans of stability crumble one by one. When the Holy American Empire collapsed we profited by gaining the remainder of Mexico as well as uniting the majority territory of Central America to our banner. Now as we sit in a comfortable position it would seem that our nation is among the largest and most stable in the entire region. South America is no longer a united state but a divided one polarized by a number of different powers and ideologies... it had the illusion of a united cause beneath USAN but that bloc went the way of the dodo as have all other treaty unity blocs have in the past. As we speak the Lunar Republic had declared war upon the Vicidalian's for it's colonial ambitions which is admirable to a degree but it would be an impasse on our part to act as if we don't have our own colonial assets. With that said we hold a treaty with France who in turn hold one with Vicidalis which means the prospects of war are high. Furthermore the conflict itself extends just a stones-throw away from Panama making this conflict as a whole a dangerous endeavor to our assets along the Canal. With that said, let me make it clear gentlemen... I will not allow either force to endanger the Canal. It's far to precious to our nation and the region as a whole and as such I will not risk it by entering this conflict haphazardly, so unless it's an absolute necessity I won't support entering this conflict."

Henri would pause and take a sip of water before continuing with his report to the war-cabinet.

"Now the situation in the North isn't by any means better. As you all remember there have been ongoing tensions with regards to France taking a foothold in the Caribbean...one we gave to them and even more so the actual invasion of Louisiana. The vast majority of American powers view France with hostility and distrust for their colonial aspirations and France itself has been over-extending it's range as evident now by the open rebellions taking place in Louisiana. We also have reason to believe Texas and other American nations helped finance and back this rebellion through force of arms. In conjunction to this the Empire of Pravus Ingruo has retracted itself into New York and left wide tracts of it's former land to be turned into new nations governed and administered by natives. This all is leading to a powder keg of instability that may sweep the continent into conflict."

King Enrique had sat listening via teleconference to his Lord Commander address him and his Generals. He was satisfied with the report and had already a knowledge of these events for the most part. More then anything else said he felt comfortable knowing that his military was aware of these threats and had given him ample warning. As he listened to the monitor to hear a handful of Generals air their thoughts he was thinking of his own ideas to respond or rather...set the course for the nation. After a short time of composing his thoughts he waited until his staff had finished their respective reports.

"And with that sir, I leave the floor to you." Finally Enrique thought as he began his spiel on strategic goals.

"To begin with I recognize the coming dangers that are building up to both the North and South. To put it bluntly with the collapse of the Holy American Empire we have seen South America devolve into anarchy that isn't much different then that of tribal warlords. It is dotted by different Kingdoms, Republics, Principalities, & Corporations all vying for control of this new landmass. I expect it will remain in this state of constant tension and warfare until a clear winner emerges to stabilize the rest of the continent. Much the same can be expected to the North although to a slightly different degree given that the majority of powers can be confined to their own devices within the lands they already hold. Which is to say that the nations of the North are far too complacent to really present a lasting or viable threat to one another... apart from Canada none of the other American nations show and expansionist aims. But one sentiment popular in the Americas is one of an increasingly Jingoistic view of foreigners or nations holding them. Which would mean relations to the North could be on unstable grounds with nations potentially rallying behind this sentiment to pose a threat to us. The same could be said of the South but their far too busy killing themselves then to bother us. With that being said one only needs to glance at a political map over the last 6 months to realize both the North & South are undoing a transitional phase through the vacuum of power left in the wake of the HAE collapsing & PI rescinding it's physical borders. We are one of the oldest nations in the region and also among the largest with our holdings over Central America, Alaska, & Antarctica. It is only natural that we take a place of increased importance within the world and more importantly in North & South America. To this end I present the following strategic initiatives to you all and charge you to see them done."

Enrique would send his plans with the stroke of a key on his laptop and within seconds the plan would be placed onto a smartboard within the cabinet. It was a very detailed plan and held a number of objectives but for the sake of time the last page held a general benchmark and the sentiment behind it. Which read as followed:
[list=1][*]Secure the mainland -- Improve and expand the existing defense network and augment existing technologies with new and improved ones. Through a fusion of research and development our military may yet b[*]Expand our influence -- Quite frankly with the blooming of new nations in the land and no central power to keep order to the region it will result in chaos and confusion. We need to move ourselves from beyond being a passive regional power to a more important role in the region.[*]Engage Emerging Powers -- With a myriad of new nations in our adjacent hemispheres it would be wise for us to formalize diplomatic relations with these powers. We need to learn more about our neighbors in order to better define our strategic goals.[*]Secure Existing Strategic Initiatives -- We currently hold lands that are of vital strategic importance to New Spain, those being the Panama Canal & our Alaskan holdings. Yet neither is exactly secure and we are unsure of the status of the adjacent administrations we need to insure these locations continued security.[/list]
With the goals outlined King Enrique would cease speaking and allow the cabinet a moment to read over the new strategic plan...Lord Commander Henri Garcia would be the first to speak up and as the highest ranking member of the military cabinet it was appropriate.
"This plan is sound my liege, I will see these initiatives are carried out as you see fit." Within seconds the rest of the Cabinet seemed to nod giving their acceptance of the plan laid forth by Enrique. "See it done gentlemen. Now I must go attend to other concerns." Enrique would end the conference right then and there and resume his duties of the day.