Haven News

Lord Zephyr

After a few days of getting settled Alexander had finally gotten his government structure together. He announced the official title's and positions today. He also would explain each position.

"We all know that I hold the position of King. You may not know of my wife, Queen Zhennyfyr Zephyr. Our titles are the highest obtainable in the land. Ultimately any decision we make is above any other decision made by a government official.

However the King and Queen cannot make ever little decision for the country, and they cannot know everything, thus running parts of the country is directed to ministries. Babatunde Akenumibembi, a friend of mine and my former Minister of Foreign Affairs, is the new Minister of Foreign Affairs. The minister of Foreign Affairs deals with issues outside of the nation. All diplomats and envoys will go through this ministry. Allyn Hützell, an old friend I met in my world travels, will be the Minister of Science. The Ministry of Science will oversee the technological advances of our nation. The Minister of Interior, Syphyx Zhanyte Abendroth, will oversee the the inner machinations of the country.

The council is made of twenty five members elected from each region of the country. The council is responsible for making decisions and advising myself or the queen on a decision for each region. They are reelected every year and there is no term limit. Cities will elect Mayor's who will make decisions for the cities.

The position of grand general is held by Lord Styvyn Actious. The Grand General is the head of the military and will advise the King on military issues. During times of war he leads the military in combat alongside the king."

In other news, Alexander is currently investing most of his funds into building up the military infrastructure, with a lot being heavily invested into the Ministry of science. This is good news for Universities around the country, as they fall under that Ministries jurisdiction. He has plans of setting up a free public education system around the country, pushing regional councilors to set up schools in cities and the surrounding area. If he can follow through with his promises popular opinion of him will rise significantly.

Edited by Lord Zephyr

As his first diplomatic act as the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Babatunde sent envoy's to two nations of Africa. One to Aeon, and one to the PRA.

OOC: Contents of documents and conversations will obviously be private.

IC:
The Diplomat would arrive in Aeon carrying this message. It was very much the same treaty signed between GPnS and Nod with a few alterations.
[quote]To Aeon:

Preamble:
We, the signatory nations in order to form a stable organization, ensure peace and security, and extend a sphere of peace and prosperity, do hereby establish this mutual treaty of military and political cooperation.

Article I: Sovereignty
Each of the nations bearing a signature on this treaty hereby declares that they will uphold the values and honor of said signatories’ sovereignty. They agree not to invade, interfere in internal affairs, or oppress the other signatory that partakes in this treaty.

Article II: Non-Aggression
Neither nation that signs this document will attack or commit an act of war on the other while it is still in effect.

Article III: Defense
In the event either nation falls under attack, the other nation will come to the aid of the first and declare war on the attacker, providing as much aid as they can.

Article IV: Optional Aggression
In the event of an offensive war of either signer the other may choose to help with the attack. It is not required for either nation to help each other in an offensive attack.

Article V: Technological Cooperation
Both parties agree to allow for the sharing of technology, both military and civilian. The actual transfer of technology is to be determined by both parties on an individual case basis.

Article VI: Cancellation
In the event that either signer should decide to cancel this treaty they must give a 48 hour cancellation period before it is officially dissolved.
[/quote]

Another ambassador would be sent to the People’s Republic of Africa with another document.

[quote]To PRA:

Preamble:
We, the signatory nations in order to form a stable organization, ensure peace and security, and extend a sphere of peace and prosperity, do hereby establish this mutual treaty of military and political cooperation.

Article I: Sovereignty
Each of the nations bearing a signature on this treaty hereby declares that they will uphold the values and honor of said signatories’ sovereignty. They agree not to invade, interfere in internal affairs, or oppress the other signatory that partakes in this treaty.

Article II: Non-Aggression
Neither nation that signs this document will attack or commit an act of war on the other while it is still in effect.

Article III: Defense
In the event either nation falls under attack, the other nation will come to the aid of the first and declare war on the attacker, providing as much aid as they can.

Article IV: Optional Aggression
In the event of an offensive war of either signer the other may choose to help with the attack. It is not required for either nation to help each other in an offensive attack.

Article V: Cancellation
In the event that either signer should decide to cancel this treaty they must give a 48 hour cancellation period before it is officially dissolved.
[/quote]

Both would be sent with good wishes from the government and open to conversation from both.

Given Haven's ties to the previous GPn'S state, however slight they were, the Principality would immediately appoint the communications personnel surrounding the successful '[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=100169&st=0&p=2673020&#entry2673020"]Operation Angel Drop[/url]' as the new liaising body between Haven and the Aeon. Representatives would immediately sign the document with the Princess' blessings.

It would seem that Haven would be a clean slate upon which the Aeon could exact the same lasting peace and technological advancement it had been preaching to its own followers. Haven would become a literal haven for Africans with this new partnership.

Edited by Executive Minister

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Under a new law decree'd by the council and King Alexander, the government has taken over most of the economy of Haven. Companies that complied were bought by the crown, others folded under the new law, and many left the country completely taking their infrastructure in the industry with them to other countries. Rather than create a communist society as most would assume the government itself is actually becoming the business. Instead of competing with companies within itself it will be competing with the world market. Here's a clip of King Alexander naming the new CEO of the Haven Economic Corporation.

"With the recent purchases made by my government I am happy to announce the founding of the Haven Economic Corporation. H.E.C. for short. After weeks of deliberation and dividing up the former companies of Haven's resources we've named the CEO of the company who has the largest stock in it. Efrain Antonio Rivera, congratulations on your new position."

Economists have varied views on this approach to business within Haven. Most agree that the government will be getting a lot of funding from this, and many people argue that taxes should be brought down because of it. King Alexander has made no promises, but with a strong core of people in the council holding that the people deserve a well needed tax break we can expect that the King will go along with his council on this one.

Notable industries now a part of the H.E.C. are:
Mining
Manufacturing
Banking
Agriculture

Notable industries that remain outside the H.E.C. jurisdiction include:
Small business
Food retailer's
Most industries that remain local

Efrain had this to say at the founding party, "The H.E.C. is designed to not interfere with the local economies of the country. We are a world market only and the only effect I predict we will have on small local markets is who they get their food from. It will be a lot cheaper under supervision from the government as well. Since we're so massive it wont have much of an effect on our profits either. Don't expect us to be so kind on the world market though."

Naturally the H.E.C. will be supervised and regulated by the Ministry of the Interior. They have not said anything on the matter, and Efrain has said he does not want to run into trouble with them, nor does he expect to.

"They made it perfectly clear that any abuses of our monopoly in Haven would not be tolerated, and I have no plans of violating that rule."

• 4 weeks later...

The Ministry of Science announced today that it has come up with a design for new Hydroelectric power plants to be built across the nation's rivers. Allyn had this to say on the matter.

"The largest problem we had while investing into this research was how we were going to keep the rivers open to boat traffic while still getting the maximum potential energy from them. In several cases we rerouted parts of the rivers through canals to the sides, which seemed to be the most effective way, but in many cases we couldn't do that. We had our engineer's work through those problems. With recent improvements in turbine's we've also managed to increase the electrical output of the dams by twenty percent.

In the end we plan to add about a hundred dams with power plants to the grid, which should be able to provide power to the entire country easily. Alexander plans to phase out river travel in a few years anyway, so I don't see adding further ones in the future being a problem."

In other news nearly all of Haven's cities now have their own school districts, teaching jobs are highly desired, and pay very well. Several regional councilors have already expressed their plans to build schools in the sparse areas of the country as well. One councilor remarked on the matter.

"I remember the times before Alexander's government. Life went on as we were a protectorate, and I wont say it was bad for everyone, but compared to what we have now those times seemed like hell. I'm glad I rarely see kids on the streets during the day anymore. They should be thankful for the chance they have been given now."

A rare public appearance by Syphyx, the Minister of the Interior, was made recently in her announcement to split the ministry into several sub ministries.

"The duties of the ministry of the interior are very far and widespread. I'm simply proposing that several sub ministries under the ministry of interior be created to help the organization as a whole."

She proposes adding a Ministry of Education, Ministry of the People, Ministry of Guidance, and the Ministry of Power. She will retain her position as the Minsiter of the Interior and oversee those proposed to be created. Alexander has yet to answer her request, but councilors are advising him to let her create them as it would allow them to more effectively administrate their regions.

Edited by Lord Zephyr

• 5 weeks later...

After years of construction, the Grand General finally opens the massive military complex in our nations capital. The military complex covers a massive area, hundreds of square miles expanding west of the capital. It can house over a hundred thousand soldiers and will provide a home for any allied soldiers staying in Haven's capital. We go live to our correspondences down at the complex now.

The Grand General spoke from behind a podium. "This building is not to be a symbol of war, but a symbol of peace. Our hope is that the world will see this complex as a place where all of Haven's allies, all of Africa, can join together and live with each other peacefully. My hope is that during times of war this place will be a place that our enemies fear. And your hope should be that we never have to see our enemies fear this place. For this land is Haven, a land that should bathe in peace."

The crowd erupted in cheers and the General took his leave.

In other news many of the other military bases have finished building recently. The government wont keep our workers out of work for long though. Alexander has in the past endeavored to make an underground railway system that connects the nations major cities. With the influx of workers in need of work the plan has been put into full motion. The system has been estimated to take years to finish, but once it is travel between cities will take a matter of hours. And in cities the need for cars will be reduced drastically.

After a long debate between the councilors, the King and Queen, and the Ministry of Interior, Approval for funding of Minister Abendroth's sub ministries has finally been approved. The Ministry of Education will obviously oversee the nationwide school system, The Ministry of the People will oversee the charity organizations funded by the government. It's ultimate goal is to provide a home for every citizen of Haven that works, and to find work for those that don't. The Ministry of Power was created to oversee the newly created electrical grid throughout Haven, replacing the old unreliable power companies.

• 3 months later...

In recent news today the rebellious councilman of district twenty five was overthrown by the people after the recent killing of Minister of Foreign Affairs Babatunde Akenumibembe. The man responsible for this rebellion was Josephe K’tari, another councilman of district twenty four. He is one of five, now four, councilmen who are currently petitioning the king for a change in government. Babatunde was sent as a liaison to the upset councilmen who reach a compromise on the issues. We now go live to King Alexander, who was attending Babatunde’s funeral during the raid on M’baracks manor.

“I wish that we could have reached out to those people to expel M’barack without killing him, but it was something that needed to be done. I commend Josephe for realizing this and aiding those in need, but I condemn him for not showing restraint in his punishment. When we send another diplomat to these men I hope that a compromise can be reached, in the mean time we will be increasing security in those cities until I can be sure that no more people will be hurt because of this.”

We have reports of military movement in the direction of the cities. *clears throat* 30,000 troops. It’s possible that these are the reserve troops to be sent to Zimbabwe in case of an escalation in the conflict there, but I must say if it isn’t that seems like overkill… Excuse me for a moment… It seems we have breaking news, the remaining three councilors who up to this point were independent of each other have now declared they are allied with Josephe. What their intention is with this makeshift alliance we do not know. More details as they come, this is Haven News.