The Sinews of War

Owned-You

[i](CLASSIFIED)[/i]
[img]http://www.futuretimeline.net/images/future-timeline-technology.jpg[/img]

[font="Georgia"][size="4"]The Sinews of War[/size][/font]

[font="Georgia"]For years New Spain has stood a stable force in the Americas and it's armed forces are in large part to thank for that alongside other world powers working to stabilize regions. The equipment and platforms used by Imperial forces are more then a match for most nations barring a select few in the world. Yet at the same time New Spain sits atop a vast economic and technological workforce filled with the potential to create marvelous tools of war. Ones that would not only save the lives of many Imperial soldiers but end the lives of would be assailants, tyrants, and tea-pot dictators. For years all of this potential had done nothing but lay dormant as focus was put elsewhere; to put it bluntly the military was being neglected by a [/font][font="Georgia"]bureaucracy plagued by red-tape and bad contracts. New Spain's armaments were top of the line for a war in the 4th and 5th generation but slowly and surely the world was starting to dawn onto a new forefront of military technology the 6th generation was arriving and if New Spain were not careful it would quickly be outclassed and outgunned. To this end when King Enrique had journeyed to Athens years ago he had secured licences on two pieces of impressive technology: the F-99 Phoenix & M-1 Cerberus. Both of which were among the worlds most advanced weapons systems in their respective roles as a multi-role stealth fighter & main battle tank. Yet even these would not be enough to maintain the Spanish Empire... King Enrique knew this and with it in mind called in a cabinet of the countries leading military minds to discuss the future of Spanish military technology. Thus the stage was set as various shadowy old men and respective aides would gather for the Kings summit in his beach-side estate in Acapulco. If a journalist were to somehow gain a glance at the list of names to be in attendance he would learn very quickly this was nothing more or less then a gathering of old money, the aristocracy, and a few generals whose pockets were filled to the brim by the very figures they employed to build them new weapons. It was the height of decadence and represented the fears many in the country felt would bring the nation to it's knees... it was complacency.[/font]

[font="Georgia"]However Gabriel Pizzaro was an exception to this idea, complacency was a word that did not exist in his lexicon. He was by all accounts an exception to most aspects of this meeting as he was neither old at the ripe age of 38 nor was he belonging to any of the major firms that held on a multi-billion dollar arms contracts with the government, and unlike the majority of the manufacturer heads he held a practical & theoretical knowledge of the weapons systems he was commissioned to build. The only thing he held in common with these men was in fact that he was the head of a weapons firm. It was by mere chance that at a meeting 6 months ago he had managed to shake enough hands and make enough of a head-wind with officials to be given a small contract to improve some rudimentary logistics systems equipment used to coordinate supply lines efficiently. The system previously was characteristically wasteful and disjointed to serve the ever growing needs of Imperial forces. Atlas Arms managed to reform the system and create one that would streamline all supply systems into a centralized format that improved efficiency by 77%. Thus by that feat alone he was given an invitation to attend the conference; a bread-crumb if you will tossed down to a pauper arms dealer by the standards of the mega-firms in attendance. But Mr. Pizzaro would not sit content with this bread-crumb... he wanted the whole loaf and he would use this conference as a jumping point for greater aims...though his Vice President Amelia Vasquez was less then confident.[/font]

[font="Georgia"]"Gabe, your going to piss off a lot of important people."[/font]
[font="Georgia"]"I could care less if they are offended."[/font]
[font="Georgia"]"But the board will care."[/font]
[font="Georgia"]"Good I would hope so."[/font]
[font="Georgia"]"Your going to lose your position if you go through with this... I hope you realize that."[/font]
[font="Georgia"]"Maybe. But I hope you realize that I stand with much more to gain then lose."[/font]
[font="Georgia"]"I suppose so..."[/font]
[font="Georgia"]"I've been given a place to stand and I will move these mountains. Now you can watch me or you can help me..."[/font]
[font="Georgia"]"I'll be by you Gabe you can always count on that. I'm just trying to talk some sense into you."[/font]
[font="Georgia"]"It's very appreciated but your just too passive. You'll see"[/font]

[font="Georgia"]With that Gabriel took a step out of the limousine alongside Amelia and walked up the marble steps to a lavish front door which looked to be more of a party then a conference to discuss military tech. Gabriel was disgusted to see various old crones laughing over their champagne filled glasses standing alongside various generals in uniform he remarked to Amelia "This is the problem with the military... we are gathered to discuss guns and all these men do is drink. Even worse to consider these same men will be the ones issuing orders to our armies should we ever go to war... it's despicable" Amelia would nod in acknowledgement and reply with a calm whisper "I'm well aware of that fact Gabe but do try and keep that tidbit hidden for a moment. In order to win some gains you must play their games... now please have a drink." She motioned over to a waiter who promptly handed them both drinks so that they could blend in with the crowd. Gabriel would say sarcastically "Fine let's play."[/font]

Edited by Owned-You