Heart

Executive Minister

[b][u]Hana Mariyam Chapel, Injibara[/u][/b]
[size="3"]
[/size]
[center] [url="http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/mofailla/PoI.jpg"][img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/mofailla/th_PoI.jpg[/img][/url]

[left]Neither the gentle rippling sound of the waters of the Pool of Introspection, nor the persistent flicker of pale moonlight upon her eyelids caused so much as a stir within the Princess' serene visage. Her breaths were slow, rhythmical, in tune with the lapping of the clear waters. She was truly at peace when she partook of the Immersion - soul searching in such a peculiar floating position.

Her mind was free to wander - her essence suspended in nothingness as her thoughts impelled into the cosmos. Her palms faced the heavens as her arms lay gracefully outstretched. Her robes were elegantly splayed beneath her in an ornate fan pattern, her hair following suit with her intricate strands permeating throughout the pool, away from her delicate head.

She would often come to the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99886&view=findpost&p=2733091"]hill top[/url] chapel in times of incredible duress - the nuclear attack on Addis Ababa was a particularly jarring event, one that shook her beautiful frame to its core. It was here that she finally came to the conclusion that she would have to act, if she wanted to live in a better world. The pool froze all errant sensations, soothing and calming her, while also confining her to just the right mindset.

Years of practice that came out of the requirement of careful breathing to stay perfectly afloat had been forced into the subconscious, displacing that thought yet retaining the concentration needed for clarity of mind. Fear, terror and sadness were merely memories within these waters. Yet she found herself coming to the pool more often that she would have liked as of late.
[i]
Humanity is a flawed creation.[/i]

That was a simple truth that she had come across long ago, a revelation she simply buried deep within her. It was a constant that ever lingered on all bounds of consciousness, it was something she could not avoid.

[i]Every day there is at least one person that makes a conscious decision to absolutely destroy someone else. People still kill one another... for petty jealousy and greed. There is genocide, war, corruption. [/i]

But those were not new tidings. Rhianne struggled to comprehend them in ways that might save humanity, not shun or curse it. She frowned for a moment, her breath wavering, her form sinking mere shades within the water- the weight of more tidings of an ill nature? She wrested control from her more base instincts, fought the creeping sensation of water lapping gently at her cheek.

[i]I cannot see. My path was once clear but now it is cloudy. It is as if some thing, some... entity is blocking my sight. [/i]

East Africa was still at war. Peace had never been declared. But it was this new thing, this new someone that troubled her greatly. Better is it to face an enemy you know all too well, rather than what lurked just beyond her vision. Victory was within reach, but she sensed great danger.

[i]What price must we pay in order to triumph?[/i][size="2"]

"Princess?"

Rhianne opened her eyes in one fluid movement. With an uncanny grace, she righted herself, blinking to rid her sight from a thin film of glaze. She stared at the robed figure at the side of the pool, watched as her Elder reached down to grasp at the waters.

[i]"Deaconess?"[/i] came the mute reply.

"The message you have willed for has been completed. Shall we send it to the People's Republic?"

Rhianne placed her chin upon her chest wearily, mulling over her previous decision one last time. Cementing the friendship between the Aeon and PRA was a bold move indeed. Yet it was a double edged blessing. Would this alliance serve to strengthen, embolden the African urge for self-determined peace and stability? Or would it simply cause more strife, more death?

Finally content with her conclusion, and with the lingering threat of the unknown entity lurking in the horizon, Rhianne replied.

[i]"Message the PRA, tell them that we wish to discuss this mutual sense of trust and friendship we hold between us. Tell them we wish to make that bond into something greater."[/i]

"Of course, your Grace."

[/size][u][b]Temple Cuatro, Former Nodic Administration Zone 2[/b][/u]

Vera Carilass was not in her usual attire of power armor and claymore. Instead, she chose a much more modest Nod officer uniform. The fabric was clingy, yet still afforded her enough mobility to lean forward upon her Iron Throne.

Practice had been going splendidly - already she could make out faint outlines, glimmers of light from beneath a veil of opacity - but it took much effort. She was sweating, her hard, beautiful features were contorted into something much more base and animalistic from the strain of concentration.

[i]'Your mind must be steel - a razor if you are to be the Executive Minister...'[/i] the voice whispered into her ear.

Vera furrowed her eyebrows, rubbing her temples with gloved hands. She felt nauseous - as if she were drowning in her own sweat. She felt rage, the kind felt when one mulled over a wrong committed against them for an extended period of time. She struggled to harness those raw, brutal emotions, sharpen them to the razor's edge that she needed. She placed her elbows on her knees, staring with wide eyes at the cold metal grating at her feet.

[i]'It is time to put your blade to work....'[/i]

Grimacing, she nodded to herself.

"Soon..."
[/left][/center]

Edited by Executive Minister

[i]After many years of informal friendship between the PRA and Aeon, the PRA agrees that making our ever-growing bond into something greater is for the betterment our nations, and for the betterment of the region and Africa. Only through trust, friendship, and respect can Africa ever become truly peaceful. We hope that by formally recognizing our special bond, that we can become an example to lead Africa past its recent dark past.[/i]

-Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1317939460' post='2818944']
[i]After many years of informal friendship between the PRA and Aeon, the PRA agrees that making our ever-growing bond into something greater is for the betterment our nations, and for the betterment of the region and Africa. Only through trust, friendship, and respect can Africa ever become truly peaceful. We hope that by formally recognizing our special bond, that we can become an example to lead Africa past its recent dark past.[/i]

-Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles
[/quote]
[i]
It is unfortunate that we were brought together under less than favorable circumstances on numerous occasions - surely this instinctive drive to protect one another may be made formal? You have already mentioned this, what course of action would you recommend our nations strive towards?[/i]

-Princes Rhianne Lucretia Sidamo

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1318451013' post='2823588']
[i]
It is unfortunate that we were brought together under less than favorable circumstances on numerous occasions - surely this instinctive drive to protect one another may be made formal? You have already mentioned this, what course of action would you recommend our nations strive towards?[/i]

-Princes Rhianne Lucretia Sidamo
[/quote]

[i]I would like to propose our nations solidify our longstanding relations through the drafting and ratifying of a mutually binding treaty in order to better support each other economically, politically, and also militarily should it be called for.

[/i]

-Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1318470737' post='2823793']
[i]I would like to propose our nations solidify our longstanding relations through the drafting and ratifying of a mutually binding treaty in order to better support each other economically, politically, and also militarily should it be called for.

[/i]

-Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles
[/quote]
[i]
The Principality of Aeon and the People's Republic of Africa would do well to support one another.[/i][i][u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5HmACBEC2o"] [/url][/u]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5HmACBEC2o"]I am well pleased, Ibn Waffles, and so long as my Aeon remains intact, I shall remain pleased. Thus, our lives and yours shall be made as one. As we prosper, so shall you. For you are now part of the Aeon. If ever your flesh should fail, that flesh shall be made anew. That is my covenant with all who stand beside me.

My brood will aid you, Friend, should you require assistance.[/url]
[/i]
-Princess Rhianne Lucretia Sidamo

OOC: treaty next i suppose.

Edited by Executive Minister

We have a treaty drafted, for your consideration:

[quote]Article I: Sovereignty
Both nations shall remain sovereign bodies. They shall not infringe on the other’s sovereignty nor shall they conduct any actions that may negatively affect the other nation. They refrain from conducting military acts of aggression or espionage against the other nation, directly or through another nation. The two nations shall also refrain from enforcing or upholding economic or trade sanctions against a fellow signatory.

Article II: Mutual Defense
Each nation recognizes that an attack on one signatory is an attack on the other. The signatories shall therefore provide any requested support in a defensive war, whether it be through military, financial, or political support. Should a signatory become attacked due to an aggressive war, the treaty becomes optional. While being optional, the signatories are still urged to support one another's endeavors.

Article III: Optional Aggression
a) Should either signatory choose to conduct or be a part of an aggressive action against another sovereign nation, they may request support from the other signatory, in terms of military, financial, or political support.
b) Both signatories guarantee at the time of this treaty that we agree with the doctrines and policy of the other signatory. Should another country break the policy or doctrine of a signatory in place at the time of the treaty's signing, the other signatory has the right to request support through the means listed above. Should new doctrines and policies be enacted, in order for sub-article B both signatories must be consulted and not express objection.
c) Any military action taken by or against a signatory can be considered a valid and legal casus belli for the other.

Article IV: Economic & Trade Affairs

a) Both signatories are encouraged but in no way required to provide economic assistance or aid when requested.
b) Both signatories shall recognize duty-free trade between the two signatories, to promote mutual prosperity.

Article V: Intelligence

a) Both signatories agree to share any and all information found by either signatory that is relevant to the safety and sovereignty the other signatory.
b) Both signatories shall inform the other of any intelligence which may result in a war, either of aggression or defense for either signatory.

Article VI: Cancellation

a) Should Article I, Article II, or Article V be violated by either signatory, the counter signatory may choose to immediately dissolve this pact in its entirety.
b) Should either nation come to decide that they no longer wish to be bound by this pact, it may be cancelled at any point. However its articles will remain in effect for 48 hours after either private or public notification of the activation of Article VI.[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1318993898' post='2828389']
We have a treaty drafted, for your consideration:
[/quote]

This is a suitable paper for our needs, I would sign such a document, but before I do I must ask - what name should we bestow upon such a noble endeavor? It should be one of grace, yet expound its purpose succinctly. Perhaps 'The Heart of Africa' accords?

May it represent the literal meaning of our unique geographical positions upon this sacred continent, but let it represent something more - let us be the heart of Africa, working together as one mind, body and soul for the betterment of our kindred, and mankind as a whole.

OOC: Sorry, I got distracted by a minor inconvenience. Hope you're still down for diplo.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1320184013' post='2836715']
This is a suitable paper for our needs, I would sign such a document, but before I do I must ask - what name should we bestow upon such a noble endeavor? It should be one of grace, yet expound its purpose succinctly. Perhaps 'The Heart of Africa' accords?

May it represent the literal meaning of our unique geographical positions upon this sacred continent, but let it represent something more - let us be the heart of Africa, working together as one mind, body and soul for the betterment of our kindred, and mankind as a whole.

OOC: Sorry, I got distracted by a minor inconvenience. Hope you're still down for diplo.
[/quote]

"This sounds like a most fitting title for this treaty."
-Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles

OoC: It's all good

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1320184107' post='2836716']
"This sounds like a most fitting title for this treaty."
-Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles

OoC: It's all good
[/quote]

Very well, may we look upon this day with kind thoughts and warmness in our hearts. I will sign this document.

[i]
[/i][quote][i][b]Princess Rhianne Lucretia Sidamo[/b]
Reigning Sovereign of House Sidamo, for the Principality of Aeon[/i][/quote]