Diplomatic Acquaintances

king of cochin

KP Varma, the Minister of External Affairs of the Kingdom of Cochin would travel to Sumatra, the newest nation in Asia accepting the invitation they had extended to the Kingdom. The senior most Minister in the Cochin administration and one of the finest diplomats in the world, KP Varma would be arriving aboard a King's Guard Fleet Gulfstream 650. He would be accompanied by some Foreign Ministry secretaries and the customary King's Guard security team.

OOC: You can choose to RP the welcoming or jump straight to the meeting, :D

OOC: I will go ahead and RP the intros, considering its my first time.

IC:

Minister Varma would be met by members of the Republican Guard Tiger Battalion, the group charged with government security (which were actually in the Department of Internal Affairs rather than Defense). They would lead the Cochinese delegation to an official motorcade that transported them to the Executive Headquarters in the heart of Medan.

Upon arriving, the Minister and his team were led into the structure to the office of the President of the Republic. The teak doors parted to reveal President Sukarno who promptly stood and rounded his desk to greet the Cochinese Minister.

Shaking his hand, Sukarno spoke, "A pleasure to meet you Minister Varma, your reputation proceeds you, positively. I am glad your Kingdom agreed to meet and so promptly. Please, have a seat and make yourself comfortable."

[quote name='Dipster' timestamp='1316363018' post='2803010']
OOC: I will go ahead and RP the intros, considering its my first time.

IC:

Minister Varma would be met by members of the Republican Guard Tiger Battalion, the group charged with government security (which were actually in the Department of Internal Affairs rather than Defense). They would lead the [color="#FF0000"][size="4"][u][b]Cochin[/b][/u][/size][/color] delegation to an official motorcade that transported them to the Executive Headquarters in the heart of Medan.

Upon arriving, the Minister and his team were led into the structure to the office of the President of the Republic. The teak doors parted to reveal President Sukarno who promptly stood and rounded his desk to greet the [color="#FF0000"][size="4"][u][b]Cochin[/b][/u][/size][/color] Minister.

Shaking his hand, Sukarno spoke, "A pleasure to meet you Minister Varma, your reputation proceeds you, positively. I am glad your Kingdom agreed to meet and so promptly. Please, have a seat and make yourself comfortable."
[/quote]

KP Varma on meeting with the President of Sumatra would reply, " Sir, thank you for extending us a diplomatic invitation and also thanks for welcoming us here. We are glad that the region is once again under the governance of a stable nation. While the dissolution of Minilla Island which used to govern these lands had been a sorrow fact and while the Selenarctos led Oceanic Union must have been able protectors of your region, we are indeed glad that a stable sovereign nation has risen once again in the region. We would greatly be interested in establishing a strong and healthy relationship with your nation, built on a foundation of mutual trade and we hope in due time as allies."

OOC: Mate, see my new sig, especially the last line, :P

OOC: I don't have internet, so I'm on the mobile site, no sigs, duly noted though.

IC:

"Very good. Sumatra will always look for international cooperation first in foreign policy. This seems to be a good start. Being a strongly Libertarian nation, Sumatra places great importance on trade relations, especially the proliferation of free trade.

As a matter of transparency and forwardness, it is our intent in addition to fostering diplomatic friendliness and cooperation, to negotiate the lowering of trade barriers or possible free trade if your government would find that agreeable."

"In terms of trade the Kingdom of Cochin follows a policy of employing the same trade rules to a nation as they put in place towards Cochin goods. We pride on promoting a free economy. We actively encourage foreign companies to operate in our vast markets. As technological giants and global leaders in Research and Development we have several industry specific Special Development Zones which are open to foreign companies too! With our global network of trade outposts a trade alliance with Cochin in turn guarantees you access to a very large market indeed. However there are certain restrictions regarding customs which we follow very stringently. It is an inviolable rule in the Kingdom that any vehicle passing through or coming to Cochin territories must have their cargoes inspected and certified by Ministry of External Affairs Trade Inspectorate to ensure that no contraband weaponry especially Weapons of Mass Destruction are being transported. So long as you are not opposed to that we would be glad to become trade allies with Sumatra," KP Varma replied.

Sukarno smiled "Sounds excellent. Sumatran companies are given a lot of freedom to make choices, but naturally they realize that operating in foreign nations means adhering to their laws. While the Republic maintains minimal laws on regulation, culturally our people, and by extension our businesses and corporations, and fairly culturally conservative and generally respectful.

We would be happy to comply with Cochin screening protocols, that will be no trouble. Also, we would like to note that considering our economic policies and laws, it would be very easy for foreign business, for the purposes of our meeting those in your Kingdom, to invest and/or operate in our nation should they choose to.

All this to say, Sumatra would be very excited to exercise free trade and enter into a trade alliance with Cochin."

"The unique geographical positioning of your nation is quite enticing to us in terms of trade and diplomacy. We hope to use the shipping channel between your port of Batau and the port of Merak in the island of Java as an alternate shipping route to the Malacca Straits. We offer you alliance with us and also our considerable investment potential to make this a viable logistical alternative.

As gatekeepers to the oceans of the East, Sumatra can play a pivotal role in Global Commerce," KP Varma would say.

"Agreed, our geopolitical position has been a point of advantage and a point of concern in our foreign affairs department. While it certainly opens our economic options, we do attempt to tread lightly to avoid entanglements. But I digress, here we are talking about something positive for both our nations.

We would like to utilize this option. Perhaps you had something rather specific in mind to capitalize on?"

[quote name='Dipster' timestamp='1316372417' post='2803093']
"Agreed, our geopolitical position has been a point of advantage and a point of concern in our foreign affairs department. While it certainly opens our economic options, we do attempt to tread lightly to avoid entanglements. But I digress, here we are talking about something positive for both our nations.

We would like to utilize this option. Perhaps you had something rather specific in mind to capitalize on?"
[/quote]

"We thoroughly respect your policy to avoid entanglements but do know that the Kingdom can be counted upon as a friend if not as an ally right now. As regards the port of Batau we are not aware of its state of development during the reign of Minilla Island and its condition now, but we hope that we could assist Sumatra in redeveloping into a major port of the region. We are also greatly interested in setting up a Special Economic Zone near Batau so that Cochin industries could invest in the area's development and also generate massive employment. We hope that through developing the port of Batau we would also be permitted to establish a major Trade Station there to be a logistical hub for our commercial shipping. Basically we hope that through developing Batau we would gain a secondary viable access to the seas of the East, doing so through supporting the economical development of Sumatra.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1316372796' post='2803096']
"We thoroughly respect your policy to avoid entanglements but do know that the Kingdom can be counted upon as a friend if not as an ally right now. As regards the port of Batau we are not aware of its state of development during the reign of Minilla Island and its condition now, but we hope that we could assist Sumatra in redeveloping into a major port of the region. We are also greatly interested in setting up a Special Economic Zone near Batau so that Cochin industries could invest in the area's development and also generate massive employment. We hope that through developing the port of Batau we would also be permitted to establish a major Trade Station there to be a logistical hub for our commercial shipping. Basically we hope that through developing Batau we would gain a secondary viable access to the seas of the East, doing so through supporting the economical development of Sumatra.
[/quote]

"There has been some inevitable degredation to the port, but it is in use now, and is widely up to operating standards. We would be open to partnership on the issue, so consider it a deal. All land in the Republic is privatized, even land owned by the government was purchased or acquired using the private sector, but consider it done. We will put area landowners in contact with your industries to strike independent deals. The idea is exciting, the development of Batau will be a big boost for the nationwide economy."

OOC: I don't have any intention of dragging you through having to meet with various landowners. We can just assume that the deals are concluded when we finish this meeting.

"Thank you, President. I shall inform the Cochin Chamber of Commerce to deal with the land owners. We thank you for your cooperation and hope that the trade relations we embark upon today shall in due time lead to relations and alliances deeper and stronger. After all one of our principal tenets is peace through prosperity," KP Varma replied.

"We certainly hope you shall consider visiting the Kingdom and perhaps even meet with His Highness Kerala Varma, the King of Cochin. The Kingdom of Cochin thanks Sumatra for embarking upon this diplomatic relationship. Our officials shall also be in touch with your Foreign Ministry officials regarding the setting up of a Cochin Embassy in your capital and we welcome you to establish embassy of your own at Cochin City. With that I seek permission to take my leave," KP Varma would reply.

OOC: Where is your capital, mate? I mean the RL place and your RPd name?

"Of course, we will stay in contact. We have some buildings already converted into embassies in our government plaza, so as soon as you are ready to send an ambassador, we will be ready to receive them and send our own. With that, I bid you goodbye and a safe journey home."

OOC: It's Medan, which is a real world city, the largest city on Sumatra. Its in Northern Sumatra on the east coast close to Malaysia.