A Message to The Commonwealth of Africa

Axolotlia

[quote]To: The Commonwealth of Africa Government
From: The People's Republic of Africa, Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles
Topic: Re-opening Relations

Message: We think it would be advantageous in terms of economics, for regional security, and for the general prosperity of both of our nations for both of our nations to meet and re-open relations with one-another. We would like to propose the signing of a non-aggression pact to ensure stability.

Signed,

Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles
Head of PRA Parliament[/quote]

***Private***
"Well?"
Frontino let the words flow in his head. [i]It's only an invitation, he says.[/i] "I don't know, Tom. It could be a trap." Garnier scoffed at Frontino's worries. "It's a meeting to see if we're interested in a non-aggression pact, Frontino. Do you honestly think they want to kill you?" Frontino stood up and moved to the bay window overlooking the People's Pavilion. "Honestly, I don't know what to think." He stands with his arms behind his back, Garnier attempting to find words to convince Frontino to attend. "Alright, I'll go. I want two Overwatch Officers on guard though, just like at the Gala - no weapons except for their steel fists." General Garnier, relieved, salutes shortly before exiting to send the message and find the two appropriate Overwatch Officers.

*Reply*
[quote]To: The People's Republic of Africa
From: The Commonwealth of Africa, General Garnier's Office
Topic: RE: Re-opening Relations

Message: The Director of the Vanguard is willing to attend, as long as two Overwatch Officers are allowed to remain for protection. They will be armed with steel fists and no other weapons, bladed or firearms alike.

General of the Army Thomas Garnier
[/quote]

[quote]To: The Commonwealth of Africa Government

Message: If security/safety is an issue, I am sure we can plan to hold this meeting on neutral ground. Would that be better for you?

Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles
Head of PRA Parliament[/quote]

[quote]To: The People's Republic of Africa, Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles

Message: Security is not an issue, it is merely standard protocol for any foreign visit by the Director. Keep in mind this precedent was set when High King Sochima Sopuluchukwu was still alive.

General of the Army Thomas Garnier[/quote]

[quote]To: The Commonwealth of Africa, General Garnier's Office

Very well then. We wish to invite you to the PRA capitol to discuss our relations as well as the signing of a Non-Aggression Pact. We will make sure to prepare the best accommodations available for your arrival.

Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles[/quote]

[quote]To: The People's Republic of Africa, Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles

Message: The Director's plane should arrive in an hour or two.

General of the Army Thomas Garnier[/quote]

OOC: I'm just gonna skip to the meeting
IC:

After a brief exchange, Director Frontino and General Garnier took their seats, taking in their surroundings. The Overwatch Officers showed no signs of any emotion, slowly pacing behind Frontino, hands behind their backs.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1308002882' post='2730770']
OOC: I'm just gonna skip to the meeting
IC:

After a brief exchange, Director Frontino and General Garnier took their seats, taking in their surroundings. The Overwatch Officers showed no signs of any emotion, slowly pacing behind Frontino, hands behind their backs.
[/quote]

"Welcome to the People's Republic of Africa. I certainly hope your flight was pleasant. As for the business at hand, all of us can acknowledge the tension between our nations in these past months. The PRA does not wish for this tension to continue, and has absolutely no intentions of taking any aggressive military or political actions against the Commonwealth. In order to ease this tension, I feel it would be in our best interests to sign a binding agreement of non-aggression between our nations in order to allow us to move on from our rough spot and hopefully develop much better relations."

Indeed, here it is:

[quote]

Article I: Non-Aggression
A)Through signing this treaty, the nations of The Commonwealth of Africa and The People's Republic of Africa hereby signify that both nations are not allowed to enter hostilities with one another in any way.

B)If one nation is attacked by the opposite nation, the nation being attacked may defend themselves, but not attack aggressively until it is properly determined that the attacks were indeed sanctioned attacks by the other nation.

Article II: Espionage
A)By signing this pact no acts of espionage can be made between either parties, aimed at harming the other signatory in any way, politically, economically, or militarily. Should one of the parties commit an act of espionage and the other one finds out, the offending party may immediately terminate this treaty.

B)Both parties are prohibited from aiding a direct enemy of the other party, either economically or militarily. A direct enemy is defined as a third party harming a treaty member through military actions or economic sanctions.

Article III: Sovereignty
Either nation undertaking military action (aggressive or defensive) against other nation(s) not involved in this document may do so without any implication to the other signatory.

Article IV: Cancellation
This treaty can be revoked at any time by either nation's respective primary decision making body. Notification of this termination must be received [OoC]24 hours[/OoC] in advance of the termination. Once notification has been issued to the opposite nation, a [OoC]72-hour[OoC] grace period shall stand whereas violence and aggressive acts will not be issued. After that, the articles of this pact will be terminated.

Signed,

[b]The Commonwealth of Africa[/b]
[i]Director of the Vanguard Frontino Sopuluchukwu
General of the Army Thomas Garnier [/i]

[b]The People's Republic of Africa[/b]
[i]Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles[/i], Head of Parliament

[/quote]

*Note regarding OoC use: OoC use in this treaty only is meant to refer to measurement of time, in order to make it easier to understand how much RL time is meant in each article. OoC terms in the treaty are to be treated as the times they would be, if they were to be converted to IC time.

Edited by Axolotlia