Podróż do Berlina

AironthFlamewing

A private plan of the United Kingdom of Idaho and Montana took off from Boise. On the plane was the Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister George Read, the orders of the King were to head to Berlin in hopes of securing a treaty with the Germanisk Förbund.(Germanic Union)

OOC: I wished to make the title Polish just for the lulz

Edited by graniteknight

The visit was not expected, nevertheless, Ingrid von Glücksburg, one of the Nation's Triums, would see Read in person at Berlin, at her office in the Reichstag itself. Time had been made available for that purpose and the plane would get cleared to land right away, until in no time the Minister would be saluted by troops who then opened the small gate to her office.

"Welcome. I hope you had a nice flight."

Thank you Dearest Madame for that welcome, Read began I am truly sorry for not making our visit announced to your government. However, the United Kingdom of Idaho and Montana is always interested in creating new alliances with World powers such as your nation. This is why we are here today, to gain your hand in friendship and to offer our hand in friendship to you as well.

"Do not worry about that. We here do diplomacy 24/7. We're glad you showed up, as that makes things faster, always."

She is given a file on the Kingdom to get acquainted with it briefly, reading it too quickly.

"I see. But do you understand that we traditionally hold a policy of not intervening in non-european issues if we can help it? Still, we [i]also[/i] have a policy of never turning back those who may seek friendship if they're sincere, which you must be. We would be glad to have a, let's say, ODP with Economic agreement? Since otherwise, we're quite protective of our imports, you see. Then we can make a cultural-exchange program. But tell me, what are your short and long term goals? Do you have any enemies?"

We would be quite pleased with an ODP/FTA combination treaty, Our long term goals are to establish a peaceful and prosperous nation amongst the tumult that is the North American Continent. Short Term we seek allies and otherwise friendships in order to strengthen our diplomatic position in the world. We have a mutually icy relationship with the nation of Canuckistan however we hope in the future that that relation would improve.

"We do not sign FTAs but we do grant some benefits to our ODP partners, so I suppose that we can certainly go that way. Your goals are indeed reasonable. Additionally, the ODP will give you access to buying our weapons with a discount not available to nations neutral towards us, that may well save you some bucks as well. Would you want us to come up with a draft ourselves, or have you done anything? By the way, I understand that you are too far away to care about Ireland properly, but perhaps we could have a diplomatic statement of support there? So far, everything's doing well, but the situation is likely to degenerate into war, although one in which I am certain that your land won't be involved unless you want some practice."

(referring to: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=93969&st=0 )

"Fountain pens, hm? They are nice. I use them sometimes. Much more easy on the hand's muscles."

An usual ODP was brought forth, showing a 20% tax-reduction for imports and exports between the nations, a 20% discount in germanic union weaponry, and the option, not the obligation to declare war to defend either nation, all done in plain language as not to be confusing. Ingrid is ready to sign.