Apology to my friends.

lmcfalcon12

[QUOTE]I know you don't care. Or at least you say you don't. But we do. We feel betrayed by someone we thought was our friend, or at the very least an ally. A grudge match is no reason to fling crap at the entirety of the Legion, and you should know that.[/QUOTE]

You know I received this today sewn into a larger message. Its kind of weighing on my mind. They say [i]"never say you're sorry unless you mean it"[/i]. Well I believe a different variation of that line and its; [i]"Only say you're sorry for what you are sorry for."[/i] I guess all in all they mean the same thing. I'm not here to drag the crap out farther, or extend a "15 minutes of fame", but I believe some clarification is needed.

Just as I was trying to defend Legion a while back when we had the racist debate, there were many believing that Legion was a population of racists. That is wrong. I defended that and would be willing to continue to defend that. I don't have to like a group of people to defend the truth, and that truth as the mature members know, is that just because a group of people act a certain way, doesn't make everyone the same. Legion is not all racists just because of the views of a handful of members.

The "Dear Legion" post was made with immense thought, but with an inability to think about my friends. And similar to the above paragraph, they're not all bad people and in fact many of them are my friends who I've successfully alienated myself from. That was my choice. I don't want the "boo hoos" or the sympathy bid or whatever. So to get to the point; I sincerely apologize to my friends at the Legion. I can't apologize for my remarks, nor can I take back what I said as a whole, because in communication you cannot. But in making my argument against Legion conduct, I forgot about the innocent bystanders in my way; my friends, and the role models who've been there even longer than I was. For that guys I'm sorry. You don't take out frustrations on friends. You attack at the source, not in a big cloud. I should have pinpointed my frustrations and directed where I wanted my thoughts to go.

I also get the "my house, my rules" argument, but that's a whole 'nother story that's longer than any of us have time for. Doesn't change how I feel about things, but I can respect that argument since you choose to use it.

tl;dr: I'm sorry to my friends, or ex-friends at Legion whichever they may be. The whole alliance is not what I made them out to be. It has its bad apples, but most of my friends had hearts of gold and I have immense respect for you guys for defending your cause.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' date='15 July 2010 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1279246504' post='2373944']
Brave words. I know those who they are meant for will see them, and forgive you.
[/quote]

Many thanks. :) May not be as "popular" as my last thread, but it does the job it was meant to do.