A Dangerous meeting

Minilla Island

In the city of Minya, capital of Minilla Island, there are many places where people get together. As there are many Government officials, there are many more places to have private meetings. Field Marshal John Icart is one of those people waiting to meet someone. As HRH King Raymond II's Army leader, he was privy to the assassination attempt on the Holy Father's life. He was with the King when news of his death came in. Now, it is 10 PM. The nation is in mourning. Many pubs and gathering places are quiet. The sports leagues are postponed, so HC Minya's match versus RMI Air Force has been postponed. Icart had box seats to the Barbera Coliseum for that one. The person he got them from, Air Force Commander and former Prime Minister, General Elizabeth Barrett, was running late. So, Icart was at the Caribao Grill downing a pint of Nestegg Ultra and waiting for his steak, in comes the good Air Force General Barrett.

General Barrett was the closest thing to a National Hero that this generation has. Graduated from the LASER Training Academy at the top of her class. She went through torture defense training smashing records along the way. From being water boarded, electro-shocked, mind control, and $%&@-rescue. She set the $%&@-rescue record for saving her comrades from their cell after she was brutally violated for 96 hours. It took her just over four minutes from the bell to the rescue. Nobody has come close to that record. In the Air Force, She would go from strength to strength. At 27, she would be named the youngest General in Air Force history. But, more importantly, she was a twelfth choice candidate for Prime Minister by the Catholic Defense Party. Her efforts as adviser to the Southern Command of the Junior Corps helped quell the Schoolhouse Rebellion that brought down the Schenker Government in 1996. Barrett's CDP would win the election, and Barrett would spend four uneventful years as Prime Minister before going back to the military.

General Icart would become conspicuous in his early days as an enlisted man. He was assigned to the Royal Garrison, and sent to protect the Royal Family. In 1970, he saw a little boy being assaulted by his father in the back of a Church. That incident would cause a minor scandal as that little boy was Prince Raymond, now HRH King Raymond II. Though his father, Crown Prince Raymond, wanted Icart exiled for his actions, HRH Queen Anna would have none of it. She praised Icart for his selfless actions publicly, and Icart would go through the ranks as long as Queen Anna was alive. The Queen personally had Icart placed in Officer Candidate School. Though Icart ran into a minor speed bump when Queen Anna died in 1984, he would be back in favor after the death of HRH King Raymond I in 1986. In 2002, Icart would be given the fifth star with leaves signifying his rank as Field Marshal and General of the Army.

Barrett comes walking past the quiet bar, and to Icart's table. They both smile at each other.

ICART: Hiya, Liz.

-

BARRETT: Hiya, John. I see that you are alone. Want company?

-

ICART: You sure you want to be seen with an angry old man?

-

Barrett cracks up

-

BARRETT: You? Old? I thought you were more ancient.

-

Icart and Barrett both crack up laughing.

-

ICART: Oh, you're asking for it. Have a seat.

-

Barrett sits down. She turns to the bartender.

-

BARRETT: Barkeep, let me have a pint of Pickett's and an order of Carabao cubes and a half of Onion Loaf with sweet barbecue

-

The Bartender nods, sends her order in the back.

-

ICART: This garbage just burns me up. You know, the Holy Father's death. Those SOB's that were behind this got away with murder.

-

Icart takes a bite of his steak, and Barret nods her head.

-

BARRETT: John, you and I both know how everyone feels about that. The Prince wanted to...

-

Icart waves his hand

-

ICART: Joey wanted a show trial to put them to death. You and I both know that. (Barrett nods her head) We do not need a trial. We can get rid of that entire cabal once and for all times.

-

Barrett raises her eyebrow as the bartender brings her beer and meal to the table

-

BARRETT: John, that is the alcohol talking. How many have you had?

-

ICART: This is my first, and it is not the alcohol. We can send in a Special force to take care of them all.

-

BARRETT: John, you do know that you are risking a war here. Would His Highness go for it?

-

ICART: The King cannot be involved publicly. But, if this goes down, he will know everything.

-

Barrett nods her head.

-

BARRETT: That Emperor Mudd, he has been no damn good for ten years. I bet you he put Morretti up to this. That is why that heretic is getting his own conclave. Mudd wants control of the Roman Catholic Church.

-

Icart nods his head while sipping his beer

-

ICART: We don't need to get rid of Mudd. Just let's make it difficult for him. First, we go after the guy who shot the Holy Father.

-

Barrett eats a forkful of fried Onion Loaf then takes a sip of beer.

-

BARRETT: We can get someone in there. New England is not know for its security.

-

Icart laughs

-

ICART: You think?

-

BARRETT: We can slip one or two people to get this Zinko person out of New England, and into a Minilla Island interrogation room.

-

Icart sips his beer, and the juts his hand forward

-

ICART: You think you can pull that off, or get someone to do it?

-

Barrett frowns

-

BARRETT: I am a LASER. We ARE the Special Forces. And, we will get our man. Then Morretti. Then Wood.

-

Icart raises his glass

-

ICART: Maybe Mudd as well, with any luck.

-

Barrett raises her glass

-

BARRETT: Emperor Mudd dead. Hmmm, its nice to think about.

-

ICART: Here is to Catholic Vengeance.

-

BARRETT God, King, Country, Holy Mother Church.

-

They click glasses

-

ICART Amen to that.

Edited by Minilla Island

General Barrett is walking through the offices of the Ministry of Justice. She knows that Cardinal Moretti and the Papal Assassin could be withdrawn at any moment. She stops at the office of the Director of Military Intelligence, Lt. Gen Nelson Minerly. Minerly got the message from both Barrett and Field Marshal Icart of the plans to get rid of the cabal that assassinated the Holy Father the day before. Incredibly, he received information on both Moretti and the Assassin earlier on the day. The files in front of him tell him that much.

{i]Barrett enters the room[/i]

-

Barrett: General, I got your message. What do you have for me?

-

Minerly stands up, picks up the files, and hands it to the General

-

Minerly: There they go. Bot, are you going to love this.

-

General Barrett sits down and opens up the files. Her eyes open wide when she sees the information on the first file. She nods her head, and a smile comes across her face when she sees the second.

-

Barrett: Informally, Nelson can you confirm this?

-

Minerly's eyes start to roll.

-

Minerly:(sarcastically)No, General, I woke you up to show off my writing skills. Of course I can confirm the information.

-

Barrett: Are you telling me that Moretti is not in Arctica?

-

Minerly: Not only is he not in Arctica, he is on his way to New Zealand as we speak.

-

Barrett looks stupified

-

Barrett: New Zealand? A war zone? What...Are you insane? Why would Moretti go to a war zone? And, how do we know that is where he is going?

-

Minerly raises hand in a calming gesture

-

Minerly: Because we have friends down under who can confirm that his plane is currently in Promised Land right at this very moment. Who knows when he is scheduled to take off?

-

Barrett eyebrows raise as she smirks. The phone rings and Minerly picks it up. After a few words, he hands the phone to Barrett

-

Minerly: General, (whispers) His Highness.

-

Barrett takes the phone

-

Barrett: Your Highness.

-

A voice comes on the other end

-

HRH King Raymond II: General, it has come to my attention that there is a little clandestine effort to bring the Assassin of the Holy Father and those that took part in its execution are being hunted down. And, it is also come to my attention that two of my most trusted Generals are involved. Is this true?

-

Barrett: Yes, your Highness. We believe that those that conspired to murder the Holy Father need to be dealt with in the severest matter.

-

HRH King Raymond II: That would be nice, if we knew where these people are. The problem is that..

-

Barrett: Begging his Highness' pardon, but we have confirmation on where The Assassin and Cardinal Moretti are.

-

HRH King Raymond II: Cardinal Moretti? Are you certain he was involved?

-

Barrett: Yes, Moretti fled Arctica for New Zealand. He is currently resting in Promised Land as we speak. The Assassin is in a New England Jail. We can get him out and into Minilla Island. However, Moretti we need to move fast on.

-

HRH King Raymond II: Okay. I want the Assassin brought to justice. Moretti....It will look bad if we try a priest. Dammit, a Cardinal, no less.

-

Barrett: Then what do we do about Moretti? Let him go to New Zealand?

-

HRH King Raymond II: No. I want Moretti's plane shot down. The Prime Minister and the JAG are all on board with this. They want the Assassin brought to JAG, and Moretti there is to be no trace of. I want him dead.

-

Barrett: Your Highness, we do not have info whether he is on a private or a Commercial jet.

-

HRH King Raymond II: He is probably on a private. Whatever he is on, I want that plane shot down. If it is an airliner? oh, well. But, he cannot get to New Zealand.

-

Barrett: I will order an immediate scramble. We do have two Carriers five miles southeast of the Hanseatic tip.

-

HRH King Raymond II: Excellent. Scramble them, and go get Moretti. And remember, there is to be nothing left. Do I make myself clear?

-

Barrett: Crystal. What about this Zinko?

-

HRH King Raymond II: We'll let your gang in the LASER's get him. Set it up and bring the !@#$%^& home. Now, put Minerly back on.

-

Barrett: Thank you, Your Highness.

-

HRH King Raymond II: You're welcome. Now, do me proud.

-