Through a Glass, Darkly

OOC: Consider this to be taking about two days after my last post in the other thread. (Started by Ned the Great, if anyone wants to find it).

IC: Strider frowned. no, he was currently not happy, and Orlov would not be either. But Orlov was a logical man. He would see Strider's efforts and know that was all that could be done.

Already, the first hundred troops were beying deployed to Nedland, not overtly, but by civilian airliner. They would wait until all one and a half thousand had arrived, and then for the signal, before beginning their purpose.

But the meager land force wasn't all that concerned him. He'd only managed to appropriate one aircraft carrier, a battleship, and two submarines--but when he'd inspected one of the submarines, he couldn't be more delighted. Now THAT was something that could be put to good use!

The Sub, capable of launching ICBM's, actually carried a single nuclear warhead.

----

However, the good mood failed to last when he saw the brief statement made by General Davies, no doubt made from the destroyer Shadow's Bane. Now Orlov would really be pissed. And the plans needed to be accelerated.

The ships immediately set sail. Though it would appear to be a routine patrol, they would eventually be going outside their designated path. Nedland was the next to be targeted by the rogues intent on topplking Promised Land's government.

OOC: OK, Ned, your cue... :D

*Throughout the Republic of Nedland. 10:00 AM. July 5th, 2009.*

Nedland News

Reporting to you for more than twenty years!

Matteo Cartez, the anchor of Nedland News, is sitting down at a table next to his co-host, Morgan Bellamy.

Cartez: "Greetings people of Nedland! We are having live updates at the moment of the events that occured last night at the Katy Perry concert at Nedland Theme Park!"

Bellamy: "Here are some clips."

Clips of the gunfire and screaming crowd, as well as President Ned's flight from the area are shown.

Cartez: "As you can see, the situation was totally out of control. It is estimated that around nineteen people are dead and thirty two people were wounded in this fiasco. Katy Perry was reported to be tramatized. Vice President Rowan's wherabouts are currently unknown, she having been kidnapped during the attack. President Davies of Promised Land, who was also attending the concert as a guest of Ned, was also threatened."

Bellamy: "Interestingly enough, the attack was revealed to be committed by the noted terrorist, Codename E, who staged at attack on Ned with support from elements within his cabinet at last year's Nominational Ball. E is also suspected to be behind the assasination attempt on Ned four days ago. At the moment, her motive for trying to eliminate Ned and kidnap Rowan is unclear. We expect to get more information on it when Ned makes a public statement tomorrow night."

Cartez: "In response to this attack and an event that we will discuss in just a moment, President Ned has declared martial law in Nedopolis and Churchill. The five thousand strong 3rd Infantry Batallion, in addition to the 29th Tank Batallion, were ordered into Nedopolis last night, with a similar deployment of the 5th Infantry and 1st Tank Batallions into Churchill. The deployments' stated purpose is to bring order to those towns by eliminating Codename E and the Nordic National Warriors (NNW) Neo-Nazi gang, which was behind a raid on the Nedopolis prison last night.

ACF2CE.jpg

A clip of soldiers riding into Nedopolis on tanks is shown.

Bellamy: "The raid was conducted by a few proffesional members of the gang, including Todd Willard, the leader of the NNW. The NNW members broke into the prison by providing several distractions for the prison guards in a burning cross on the nearby Simon Bolivar hill and an attack by Todd Willard on the front gate of the prison. Several other NNW members broke into the prison by deactivating the electric power to the prison and then climbing the electric fence. The team then proceeded to ransack the prison office, kill many prison guards and Marshalls, and to release a few prisoners. One of the prisoners released is rumored to be James Marston, a former senator who was notable for having disappeared during an investigation into his alleged treasonous activities in February.

britannica_prison.jpg

A picture of the prison is shown.

Cartez: "Although some NNW members were recaptured, Willard managed to escape into a helicopter gunship that arrived on the scene. As the NNW was not previously reported to be in control of helicopter gunships, an investigation has been launched to discover who owned the helicopter. As a figure captured by security photographs on the helicopter was identified as former presidential candidate, Reverend Jerry Robertson, Robertson is currently considered the top suspect by the police for helping the NNW to escape. However, Robertson had mysteriously disappeared from his manor in Churchill. More details are forthcoming on this issue.

Bellamy: "Now, here's for some more positive news. Nedite troops under General Emmanueal Caracas have won a spectacular victory against Islamist militants in Tazernostan. The battle began at dawn yesterday with an Islamist ambush onto the Nedite 4th Army. After fighting throughout the day and constant bombing of the Tazernostan mountains, the Islamists are finally in full retreat. Due to this victory, it appears as though the remaining Nedite forces still in Tazernostan can finally withdraw and leave the rest of the fighting to the government."

Cartez: "Well, that's all of the news we have for you today! Up next is a rerun of NBC's Chuck! Have a great day, and always remember! Nedland Prevails!"

Nedland News

*PLS Shadow's Bane, Gulf Of Honduras. 11:00 AM. July 5th, 2009.*

The phone of General Davies started to ring...

OOC: Is Davies aware of the theft of the missle and boats yet?

Edited by Ned the Great

*PS Shadow's Bane. 11:00 AM. July 5th, 2009.*

The phone of General Davies started to ring...

OOC: Is Davies aware of the theft of the missle and boats yet?

OOC: No, he is not. Only the perpetrators have a clue, as the small group is still on its scheduled patrol path, though it will be breaking that very shortly.

The only other person who suspects is Subtleknifewielder, but he's more suspicious of Davies right now, and is focusing much of his attention on that General.

Also, LOL at the idea that your newspeaople think Davies is a President. ;)

IC: Davies picked up the cell phone. He actually had been getting some good sleep until that thing went of. Flicking it open, he answered. "Davies here."

OOC: No, he is not. Only the perpetrators have a clue, as the small group is still on its scheduled patrol path, though it will be breaking that very shortly.

The only other person who suspects is Subtleknifewielder, but he's more suspicious of Davies right now, and is focusing much of his attention on that General.

Also, LOL at the idea that your newspeaople think Davies is a President. ;)

IC: Davies picked up the cell phone. He actually had been getting some good sleep until that thing went of. Flicking it open, he answered. "Davies here."

*Throughout the Republic of Nedland. 12:00 AM. July 5th, 2009.*

Nedland News later ran a correction of their error in calling Davies the "President" of Promised Land. They relabeled him as "General Davies."

*PS Shadow's Bane, Gulf Of Honduras. 11:02 AM. July 5th, 2009.*

"General Davies," President Ned's voice answered, "Are you okay after that terrorist attack at the concert? What about the missus?" Ned's voice sounded rather shaky, as though he was distressed himself.

*Survivalist Camp, Guevera Island, Off The Coast Of Nedland. 6:00 AM. July 5th, 2009.*

The Apache AH-64 that contained Robertson, Willard, Hilary, and James came to a landing a small survivalist camp. The fringe right-wing group here had agreed to support Robertson. Robertson's group was going to stay here until the Promised Land ships dissappeared from their patrol path. As the helicopter landed, Robertson climbed off. After nodding a greeting to some of the militia members there, he walked up to a man in a buisiness suit.

"Ahh, hello Mr. Gudenbarr!" Robertson said, "I'm glad that you came! Now, before we begin our meeting, I would like to thank you for all of the data that the corporations that you work for have provided me!"

"Anything for the survival of Capitalism," Mr. Gudenbarr replied as he and Robertson walked into one of the log cabins in the camp.

Edited by Ned the Great

*Throughout the Republic of Nedland. 12:00 AM. July 5th, 2009.*

Nedland News later ran a correction of their error in calling Davies the "President" of Promised Land. They relabeled him as "General Davies."

*PS Shadow's Bane, Gulf Of Honduras. 11:02 AM. July 5th, 2009.*

"General Davies," President Ned's voice answered, "Are you okay after that terrorist attack at the concert? What about the missus?" Ned's voice sounded rather shaky, as though he was distressed himself.

"Yeah, I'm all right. I've been in worse. Rose was a bit shaken up, though, and I haven't seen her since then. I don't think she wants to see me again." He sat up in his bed, scratching at the stubble he would need to shave off later.

"I'll probably be heading home in a few hours. Our business here is concluded, and I have no excuse to stay."

OOC: Needed an explanation for several details, not the least of which was why he is now with someone else. I'll consider this part of the RP to have occurred before some of the other RP's I participated in.

"Yeah, I'm all right. I've been in worse. Rose was a bit shaken up, though, and I haven't seen her since then. I don't think she wants to see me again." He sat up in his bed, scratching at the stubble he would need to shave off later.

"I'll probably be heading home in a few hours. Our business here is concluded, and I have no excuse to stay."

OOC: Needed an explanation for several details, not the least of which was why he is now with someone else. I'll consider this part of the RP to have occurred before some of the other RP's I participated in.

OOC: Sure ^_^ .

IC: *President Ned's Hacienda, Outskirts Of Nedopolis. 11:05 AM. July 5th, 2009.*

"Alright, glad to hear your alright. Been nice meeting with you," Ned bid Davies goodbye. After putting the phone down, he went back to sulking. Nobody in his staff would talk to him anymore after his admission of stalking E."Oh well," he thought, "I might as well announce it on my public statement tomorrow and get it over with..."

*Survivalist Camp, Guevera Island, Off The Coast Of Nedland. 10:30 AM. July 6th, 2009.*

After discussing financial support for his uprising with Gudenbarr, Robertson had then met the leaders of various paramilitaies who were supporting him. Group in support of Robertson's uprising included the NNW, the remains of the SST, various militia and survivalist movements throughout the Americas, several Neo-Confederate movements from North America, and the British National Party (OOC: I'm assuming that they exist on Planet Bob), as well as the corporations who had hired Gudenbarr. It was due to all of these groups and their respective contacts that Robertson had gained the information he needed for the uprising. Finally, Robertson had called up Orlov and gotten confirmation on the plan for tomorrow. Robertson then headed back to the helicopter, gathering the team that he had brought with him, and set the helicopter to take off. They were heading for the Aircraft Carrier that Strider had aquisitioned...

OOC: What is the name of the aircraft carrier? Will it be in the Carribean in time for Robertson to land on it?

Edited by Ned the Great

OOC: Hmmm...its name is Albatross. The PLS is there too, but it's more to tell people what nation's navy it's a part of.

Sorry, but if Robertson takes off that early, no, it won't be there in time. It needs at least a couple days to get there. A day and a half will pass before it actually breaks off from its patrol path in the Atlantic, and that will be about the time it would be nearing the Carribean.

If you just change the day he leaves, then we'll be good.

Whenever he does arrive, consider this to be what goes on just before he lands.

IC: "Captain, I have a Huey approaching from Port side."

Captain Stromberg peered down at the screen the crewman was monitering. Looking around quickly, he saw no one else was in earshot other thatn the communications' officer, who was in on this. "Don't worry. It's a friend. No cause for alarm." He nodded to the Com Officer, letting them know that they should give the helicopter permission to land once they communicated with the ship.

He was going up to the deck personally to greet their guests when they did land.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Hmmm...its name is Albatross. The PLS is there too, but it's more to tell people what nation's navy it's a part of.

Sorry, but if Robertson takes off that early, no, it won't be there in time. It needs at least a couple days to get there. A day and a half will pass before it actually breaks off from its patrol path in the Atlantic, and that will be about the time it would be nearing the Carribean.

If you just change the day he leaves, then we'll be good.

Whenever he does arrive, consider this to be what goes on just before he lands.

IC: "Captain, I have a Huey approaching from Port side."

Captain Stromberg peered down at the screen the crewman was monitering. Looking around quickly, he saw no one else was in earshot other thatn the communications' officer, who was in on this. "Don't worry. It's a friend. No cause for alarm." He nodded to the Com Officer, letting them know that they should give the helicopter permission to land once they communicated with the ship.

He was going up to the deck personally to greet their guests when they did land.

OOC: Got it... Edited.

IC: *PLS Albatross, Eastern Carribean. 11:30 AM. July 6th, 2009.*

The Apache came to a landing on the deck of the Albatross after requesting a landing. When it landed, Robertson climbed out with his bodyguards. He walked up to Captain Stromberg and shook his hand, "Hello! I'm Robertson. I assume everything's in order?"

Edited by Ned the Great

OOC: Got it... Edited.

IC: *PLS Albatross, Eastern Carribean. 11:30 AM. July 6th, 2009.*

The Apache came to a landing on the deck of the Albatross after requesting a landing. When it landed, Robertson climbed out with his bodyguards. He walked up to Captain Stromberg and shook his hand, "Hello! I'm Robertson. I assume everything's in order?"

The Captain dismissed any nearby crew to quarters before he answered with a smile.

"Captain Stromberg. Welcome to the Albatross. Yes, your quarters are right this way, near mine. If you'll follow me, please?"

Speaking a little lower as he turned to head in the indicated direction, "Be careful who you talk with though. Some of the crew isn't in on this venture yet. When they discover we're off-course, they'll be told we're searching for a ship that went down in the area."

The Captain dismissed any nearby crew to quarters before he answered with a smile.

"Captain Stromberg. Welcome to the Albatross. Yes, your quarters are right this way, near mine. If you'll follow me, please?"

Speaking a little lower as he turned to head in the indicated direction, "Be careful who you talk with though. Some of the crew isn't in on this venture yet. When they discover we're off-course, they'll be told we're searching for a ship that went down in the area."

*Northern Nedite Jungle, Nedland. 8:00 PM, July 5th, 2009*

Emily Bukhara (otherwise known as Codename E) walked through the jungle, dragging a tied up and gagged Rowan behind her. Robertson had not contacted her since the attack on the concert, and E guessed that he had given up on her. As she walked, E grew tired. She decided to sit down and rest in a small cave she had found in some rocks. As she sat down, with Rowan lying nearby, E listened to the sounds of the rainforest. She sat there, thinking about the last night's events. She had been forced to ditch her car after National Guards got a picture of the liscense plate. As she continued to think, her thoughts turned to Ned's confession. Immediately getting angry, she kicked Rowan, and then pulled Rowan's gag off.

"You b****! You knew Ned was a stalker the whole time, and yet didn't do anything to stop him!" E shouted. Rowan was stunned by the sudden kick, but soon replied.

"Emily, the stalking happened about a year ago. You need to forgive and forget. Besides..." Rowan said.

"He's also with that stupid w****, Heather! How am I supposed to forgive that!" E interrupted.

"Emily, are you jealous?" Rowan asked. Emily paused for a second to think about this. After a few minutes, Rowan said, "Well, are you?" E spoke again. This time, when she spoke, she was more calm. Rowan began to think that perhaps E was beginning to see reason.

"Let's just get some rest," Emily said, and Rowan and her layed down in the cave and did just that.

*PLS Albatross, Central Carribean. 1:00 PM. July 6th, 2009.*

"Alright, got it," Robertson replied. He gestured for James (who had come with him from the survivalist camp) to follow him in.

In the meantime, a Nedite Global Hawk drone was flying through the air nearby on a practice flight. A camera on the drone caught the Albatross. When the drone returned to Castro Airbase outside of Nedopolis an hour later, the pictures were seen by the air force commanders in the base. They passed the photos on to the navy, who then sent a nearby destroyer (the Leviathan) to meet the Albatross.

When the Leviathan approached the Albatross, her radio operator spoke to the Albatross:

"This is the NS Leviathan. Do you have clearance to be in these waters?"

Edited by Ned the Great

*PLS Albatross, Central Carribean. 1:00 AM. July 6th, 2009.*

"Alright, got it," Robertson replied. He gestured for James (who had come with him from the survivalist camp) to follow him in.

In the meantime, a Nedite Global Hawk drone was flying through the air nearby on a practice flight. A camera on the drone caught the Albatross. When the drone returned to Castro Airbase outside of Nedopolis an hour later, the pictures were seen by the air force commanders in the base. They passed the photos on to the navy, who then sent a nearby destroyer (the Leviathan) to meet the Albatross.

When the Leviathan approached the Albatross, her radio operator spoke to the Albatross:

"This is the NS Leviathan. Do you have clearance to be in these waters?"

The Captain didn't say another word as he led them to their quarters. He was not yet back to the bridge when they were hailed by the Leviathan, but he had left instructions with the communicatrions officer.

"This is the PLS Albatross. Our battlegroup has been dispatched off our regular patrol path to search for a ship that apparently sank in this area. Please note that we are just outside your waters, but are requesting clearance to enter."

The only other visible member of the battlegroup, a battleship by the name of Titan's Fist (OOC: Probably not the best name, but the only one I could think of quickly) would now be barely visible to their scanning equipment, and the submarines would also be coming into range, if their SONAR was active.

----

In Nedland itself, the slow but steady stream of soldiers by passenger airline was finally finished. All 1,500 troops were inside the nation, awaiting only the final word, and the weapons to do their jobs with, to rise and strike with those they were here to support.

A coded message was sent directly to Captain Stromberg's quarters, indicating that they were ready. He, in turn, when he got the message, would relay it to Robertson.

The Captain didn't say another word as he led them to their quarters. He was not yet back to the bridge when they were hailed by the Leviathan, but he had left instructions with the communicatrions officer.

"This is the PLS Albatross. Our battlegroup has been dispatched off our regular patrol path to search for a ship that apparently sank in this area. Please note that we are just outside your waters, but are requesting clearance to enter."

The only other visible member of the battlegroup, a battleship by the name of Titan's Fist (OOC: Probably not the best name, but the only one I could think of quickly) would now be barely visible to their scanning equipment, and the submarines would also be coming into range, if their SONAR was active.

----

In Nedland itself, the slow but steady stream of soldiers by passenger airline was finally finished. All 1,500 troops were inside the nation, awaiting only the final word, and the weapons to do their jobs with, to rise and strike with those they were here to support.

A coded message was sent directly to Captain Stromberg's quarters, indicating that they were ready. He, in turn, when he got the message, would relay it to Robertson.

*PLS Albatross, Central Carribean, International Waters. 1:00 PM. July 6th, 2009.*

The Leviathan soon replied.

"I'm sorry, we're going to have to check with the Admirality for that. Can you please hold your position before we give you clearance into our waters?"

The request was rushed to the Board of Admirality for Nedland. High Admiral Horatio Sparrow decided to check with the Promised Land goverment before giving clearance. After all, Nedland was under martial law, meaning no risks could be taken.

*Nedite Embassy, New Jerusalem, Promised Land. 2:00 PM. July 6th, 2009.*

Eugene Walter, who had replaced Emmanuel Caracas as the Nedite ambassador to Promised Land in June, was busy discussing recent news events with his secretary when the phone rang. After picking it up, the Secretary of the Admirality relayed Admiral Sparrow's message to Walter. Walter was to call the Promised Land Navy and ask them about the ships in the Carribean. After recieving the message, Walter proceeded to call the Navy:

"Hello, this is Eugene Walter, the ambassador from Nedland. I'm calling on behalf of some of your naval vessels sighted in the Carribean near Nedite waters..."

*NS Leviathan, Central Carribean, International Waters. 2:00 PM. July 6th, 2009.*

The Leviathan's sonar soon detected the two submarines underneath the sea.

"We're picking up some subs," it radioed to the Albatross, "What is their purpose?"

Edited by Ned the Great

*PLS Albatross, Central Carribean, International Waters. 1:00 AM. July 6th, 2009.*

The Leviathan soon replied.

"I'm sorry, we're going to have to check with the Admirality for that. Can you please hold your position before we give you clearance into our waters?"

The request was rushed to the Board of Admirality for Nedland. High Admiral Horatio Sparrow decided to check with the Promised Land goverment before giving clearance. After all, Nedland was under martial law, meaning no risks could be taken.

*Nedite Embassy, New Jerusalem, Promised Land. 2:00 AM. July 6th, 2009.*

Eugene Walter, who had replaced Emmanuel Caracas as the Nedite ambassador to Promised Land in June, was busy discussing recent news events with his secretary when the phone rang. After picking it up, the Secretary of the Admirality relayed Admiral Sparrow's message to Walter. Walter was to call the Promised Land Navy and ask them about the ships in the Carribean. After recieving the message, Walter proceeded to call the Navy:

"Hello, this is Eugene Walter, the ambassador from Nedland. I'm calling on behalf of some of your naval vessels sighted in the Carribean near Nedite waters..."

*NS Leviathan, Central Carribean, International Waters. 2:00 AM. July 6th, 2009.*

The Leviathan's sonar soon detected the two submarines underneath the sea.

"We're picking up some subs," it radioed to the Albatross, "What is their purpose?"

When told they would have to check, the Com Officer looked up at the Captain, who had, by now, arrived back on the bridge. The officer had a slightly worried expression, but the Captain was calm.

"Don't worry, this is accounted for. And tell them that the subs are part of the battlegroup; it's true after all. Already being underwater, they might detect things we miss. The Nedites should know that," he added with a wink. The Officer relayed the information he'd been given, awaiting the Nedite confirmation of their 'orders.'

--------

The person on the other end of the phone listened as Eugene Walter outlined the situation. Some papers rustling in the background could be heard, as if they were searching through files. it was Admiral Hunt who, though unaware of the conspiracy, was being used for the conspirator's ends--they had obtained his signature on the cover story version of the operation, and he honestly believed that it was the truth.

"Ah, here it is. Battlegroup Beta's orders. Yes, their request is valid. Good call on checking, though. Never hurts to be sure."

When told they would have to check, the Com Officer looked up at the Captain, who had, by now, arrived back on the bridge. The officer had a slightly worried expression, but the Captain was calm.

"Don't worry, this is accounted for. And tell them that the subs are part of the battlegroup; it's true after all. Already being underwater, they might detect things we miss. The Nedites should know that," he added with a wink. The Officer relayed the information he'd been given, awaiting the Nedite confirmation of their 'orders.'

--------

The person on the other end of the phone listened as Eugene Walter outlined the situation. Some papers rustling in the background could be heard, as if they were searching through files. it was Admiral Hunt who, though unaware of the conspiracy, was being used for the conspirator's ends--they had obtained his signature on the cover story version of the operation, and he honestly believed that it was the truth.

"Ah, here it is. Battlegroup Beta's orders. Yes, their request is valid. Good call on checking, though. Never hurts to be sure."

*PLS Albatross, Central Carribean, International Waters. 2:30 PM. July 6th, 2009.*

"Ah, okay then," the Leviathan's operator replied, "Glad that's in order... Oh, and it seems that we've just gotten confirmation back from the Admirality. You are clear to proceed into our waters to find the ship. However, you might want to inform our government beforehand before you come sailing up here."

*President Ned's Hacienda, Outskirts Of Nedopolis, Republic of Nedland. 7:00 PM. July 6th, 2009*

"Alright, we're on in...five...four...three...two...one, go!" the news reporter with the camera said. Ned was beginning his public statement.

"My fellow Nedites, I come to you today with terrible news. The terrorist known as Emily Buchala, or more formally, as Codename E, who terrorized our great country last year has returned. In addition to attempting to kill me and my secretary a week ago, disrupting the concert two nights ago, and killing many innocent people, she has also kidnapped our Vice President, Rowan Bartowski." Ned looked sad as he said this.

"However, I must admit, that the blame for this incident partially falls upon my own shoulders. Back in September of last year, I sent spies to trail Miss Buchala. I was perhaps a bit too assertive, and I apologize for this, and accept the consequences that will soon fall upon myself for taking that step. However, innocents have been caught up in my mistake, and I will do whatever I can to save them. That is my main reason for this declaration of martial law: To protect any more innocent people who get caught in E's war against my administration. While what I did was wrong, E has no right to kill or abduct innocent people as she did at the concert."

"In addition, I also admit that I did imprison James Marston without a trial earlier this year. While I admit that this was shifty of me, I believe it was justified in this case, due to my political opponents attempting to save him from his prison scentence. There is no question that Mr. Marston committed the treasonous crimes that he has been attributted to, and he will not be allowed to remain free. However, when he is captured this time, he will be subjected to a fair trial. In addition, the Nordic National Warriors members who are captured will also have fair trials, as will Rev. Robertson.

"Which brings me to my final point: Robertson was indeed involved in this crime. As a result, any information leading to his arrest, and the arrest of E, James, or Todd Willard, will be rewarded with five hundred thousand dollars. If you know of their whereabouts, do not hesitate to tell the local military or Red Police forces.

"Now, I wish you all a good night. And don't forget, Nedland prevails!" With that, the reporter turned the camera off, and the cabinet applauded.

"Great speech, Ned!" Illyria Lear, the Director of the Nedite Department of Culture, said. Ned smiled, glad that he had finally done something that was respected.

However, little did he know, there was more still to come...

OOC: Okay, Subtle, your cue with the attack :P .

OOC: *Rubs hands together and cackles gleefully*

IC: The ground forces got the signal to rise up. Primarily located in the capital, nevertheless, there were a couple hundred stationed in other cities around the nation. They would strike first, in an attempt to draw off forces from the capital.

The first thing they did, upon being supplied with weapons, was ambush and destroy small, isolated patrols, giving them enough time to radio that they were under attack before being cut down.

Any weapons, ammunitions and vehicles they had would be confiscated and used by the 'rebels.'

----At sea---

The Submarines, respectively named Stealth and Silence, managed to catch up to the Albatross, and took up position beneath it. The battleship Titan's Fist remained about three hundred yards off the Starboard side.

The Leviathan had yet to leave the area, which fit perfectly into the consipirator's plans.

A flight of fighters had been launched from the Albatross earlier, taking off just along the border, and would just now be returning...below anyone's radar--but not beyond reception of a coded transmission. The lead pilot immediately released a torpedo, which hit the water ina fraction of an instant.

The torpedo's programmed route took it inside Nedite waters, circling around to make it look like it had been fired from there, and would come straight for the Stealth.

To just about everyone, even the conspirators, it would appear as if the Nedite forces had fired on them without warning...

OOC: *Rubs hands together and cackles gleefully*

IC: The ground forces got the signal to rise up. Primarily located in the capital, nevertheless, there were a couple hundred stationed in other cities around the nation. They would strike first, in an attempt to draw off forces from the capital.

The first thing they did, upon being supplied with weapons, was ambush and destroy small, isolated patrols, giving them enough time to radio that they were under attack before being cut down.

Any weapons, ammunitions and vehicles they had would be confiscated and used by the 'rebels.'

----At sea---

The Submarines, respectively named Stealth and Silence, managed to catch up to the Albatross, and took up position beneath it. The battleship Titan's Fist remained about three hundred yards off the Starboard side.

The Leviathan had yet to leave the area, which fit perfectly into the consipirator's plans.

A flight of fighters had been launched from the Albatross earlier, taking off just along the border, and would just now be returning...below anyone's radar--but not beyond reception of a coded transmission. The lead pilot immediately released a torpedo, which hit the water ina fraction of an instant.

The torpedo's programmed route took it inside Nedite waters, circling around to make it look like it had been fired from there, and would come straight for the Stealth.

To just about everyone, even the conspirators, it would appear as if the Nedite forces had fired on them without warning...

*Churchill Federal Building (Temporary HQ of the 5th Infantry), Downtown Churchill, Republic of Nedland. 7:50 PM. July 6th, 2009*

Colonel Jack Penn, the leader of the 5th Infantry and commander of the military occupation of Churchill under martial law, stood in front of a window on the side of the skyscraper, staring down at the streets of Churchill. The sun was setting over the horizon, casting a beautiful view over the city. As he stood, his aide de camp, Major Gonzales walked up to him.

"Colonel, we have reports of troops under attack in some of the districts of the city. Shall we send units to respond?" Gonzales said.

"Who the hell could be attacking us... unless it's NNW. Quick, get some troops in to stop those attacks!" Penn replied. The Nedite army soldiers sent to respond rushed towards the locations where the attacks had occurred. Expecting a few, untrained NNW gangsters, they were soon ambushed by seasoned Promised Land soldiers. As the Nedite soldiers were beaten back, one soldier grabbed a radio.

"Help, we are under heavy fire! These aren't normal NNW at all, they're soldiers!" the soldier shouted. Gonzales got the message, and relayed it to Penn.

"D***!" Penn shouted, " These NNW are getting better armed by the day! Send in more units to respond! And tell the Enagon (Nedland's equivalent of the Pentagon) that we need more troops!" Similar attacks were also occuring in the cities of Rowanopolis, Nedville, and Marx City.

*PLS Leviathan, Central Carribean, International Waters. 7:50 PM. July 6th, 2009.*

When the torpedo exploded (OOC: I presume it did not destroy the Stealth.), it cast a spray of water onto the decks of the Leviathan. The Leviathan's Captain, Edmund Bart, jumped back when the explosion occurred.

"Whoa! What the hell was that?!" he shouted. Upon noticing that it came from the Nedite waters, he grabbed his ship's intercom system microphone, shouting, "Did that come from our ship?! I didn't give the order to fire!" All of the torpedo hulls replied stating that it did not come from them. Captain Bart had his Com Officer radio the Albatross.

"Was that torpedo yours?" the operator said.

In the meantime, on the Albatross, Rev. Robertson rushed onto the command deck and walked up to the Captain. As he did so, he glanced out the window at the explosion.

"Ahh, I see that the attack is beggining. Good," Robertson commented, "Now Captain, I hope you don't mind, but I gave Willard and his NNW friends my Apache so they can go and fight in the land battle." He paused for a minuted and stared out as Todd and Hilary got into the helicopter (Hilary sharing an embrace with James before getting in) and then flew away. Robertson then turned back to the captain, "In addition, I've also gotten word from my militia allies that they are preparing their own uprising, while my corporate allies have promised the support of several wings of F-15's. Now..." Robertson was interrupted by the radio message from the Leviathan.

*PLS Leviathan, Central Carribean, International Waters. 7:50 PM. July 6th, 2009.*

When the torpedo exploded (OOC: I presume it did not destroy the Stealth.), it cast a spray of water onto the decks of the Leviathan. The Leviathan's Captain, Edmund Bart, jumped back when the explosion occurred.

"Whoa! What the hell was that?!" he shouted. Upon noticing that it came from the Nedite waters, he grabbed his ship's intercom system microphone, shouting, "Did that come from our ship?! I didn't give the order to fire!" All of the torpedo hulls replied stating that it did not come from them. Captain Bart had his Com Officer radio the Albatross.

"Was that torpedo yours?" the operator said.

In the meantime, on the Albatross, Rev. Robertson rushed onto the command deck and walked up to the Captain. As he did so, he glanced out the window at the explosion.

"Ahh, I see that the attack is beggining. Good," Robertson commented, "Now Captain, I hope you don't mind, but I gave Willard and his NNW friends my Apache so they can go and fight in the land battle." He paused for a minuted and stared out as Todd and Hilary got into the helicopter (Hilary sharing an embrace with James before getting in) and then flew away. Robertson then turned back to the captain, "In addition, I've also gotten word from my militia allies that they are preparing their own uprising, while my corporate allies have promised the support of several wings of F-15's. Now..." Robertson was interrupted by the radio message from the Leviathan.

The attacks in Churchill, Rowanopolis, Nedville, and Marx City were doing their jobs. The attackers numbers weren't massive, but they were inflicting many more casualties than they took in their ambushes, and they were drawing the Nedite soldiers away from where they needed to be. And each dead Nedite only added to their own arsenal of available weapons and vehicles.

But until troops actually began leaving the Capital, until the government thought that this was simply a rebellion in the outer cities, the main uprising would not occur.

----

In international waters

The Stealth wasn't actually damaged. In keeping with their part, they acted the surprised but still competent crew, releasing countermeasures and prematurely exploding the torpedo just as it had come under the Leviathan.

However, on each ship, one or more conspirators had messed around with their respective vessel's sensors, making it appear on these sensors as if the torpedo had actually come from the Leviathan.

So even the honest crew believed it had originated from the destroyer.

PLS Albatross

Captain Stromberg nodded as Robertson relayed the information. Unkowingly, a lowly tech sat nearby, a tech that was not part of the conspiracy. He frowned. Had they been expecting this? But his own sensors ruled out that the torpedo had come from the Leviathan! And he reluctantly had to relay that information.

In response to the transmission, Stromberg himself pressed the button allowing communication. "Our own sensors indicate it came from you. Mind explaining that little detail, Leviathan?" he demanded in an angry tone.

In the meantime, several more flights of fighters were launched, the torpedo tubes on the submarines were flooded, and the guns on the battleship readied. They didn't know why, but their own eyes told them a supposed ally had fired on them.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

The attacks in Churchill, Rowanopolis, Nedville, and Marx City were doing their jobs. The attackers numbers weren't massive, but they were inflicting many more casualties than they took in their ambushes, and they were drawing the Nedite soldiers away from where they needed to be. And each dead Nedite only added to their own arsenal of available weapons and vehicles.

But until troops actually began leaving the Capital, until the government thought that this was simply a rebellion in the outer cities, the main uprising would not occur.

----

In international waters

The Stealth wasn't actually damaged. In keeping with their part, they acted the surprised but still competent crew, releasing countermeasures and prematurely exploding the torpedo just as it had come under the Leviathan.

However, on each ship, one or more conspirators had messed around with their respective vessel's sensors, making it appear on these sensors as if the torpedo had actually come from the Leviathan.

So even the honest crew believed it had originated from the destroyer.

PLS Albatross

Captain Stromberg nodded as Robertson relayed the information. Unkowingly, a lowly tech sat nearby, a tech that was not part of the conspiracy. He frowned. Had they been expecting this? But his own sensors ruled out that the torpedo had come from the Leviathan! And he reluctantly had to relay that information.

In response to the transmission, Stromberg himself pressed the button allowing communication. "Our own sensors indicate it came from you. Mind explaining that little detail, Leviathan?" he demanded in an angry tone.

In the meantime, several more flights of fighters were launched, the torpedo tubes on the submarines were flooded, and the guns on the battleship readied. They didn't know why, but their own eyes told them a supposed ally had fired on them.

*Enagon, Downtown Nedopolis, Republic of Nedland. 9:00 PM. July 6th, 2009*

General Nicholas Bartowski, the commander in chief of the Nedite Army, sat at his desk, listening to radio reports. Apparently the NNW was beginning a full scale uprising in some of the cities. In addition, some survivalist militias were apparently rising up in the countryside as well. Nicholas began to suspect that the attack by the NNW in Nedopolis had been a diversion. He picked up his radio.

"Attention, this is General Bartowski. We have an uprising going on in the cities of Churchill, Rowanopolis, Nedville, and Marx City. Deploy all availiable troops to those locations. I'll send some of the troops here in Nedopolis to assist you..."

*PLS Albatross, Central Carribean, International Waters. 9:00 PM. July 6th, 2009.*

"I don't know what you're talking about! We didn't shoot the torpedo!" Captain Bart, who had grabbed the microphone from his operator, shouted to the Albatross. Robertson turned to Stromberg.

"In the name of God, will you just fire already!" he shouted. He then turned to the crew. "It seems obvious to me that Nedland has betrayed Promised Land! The government of Edward Bartowski has no respect for good Christian lifestyles that the people of Promised Land follow! You have spent too long standing by watching as Ned persecutes believers and crushes capitalism! It's time for you to eliminate Nedland's current government once and for all!" he turned back to Captain Stromberg, "So Captain, I'll say it's time for you to fight."

*Enagon, Downtown Nedopolis, Republic of Nedland. 9:00 PM. July 6th, 2009*

General Nicholas Bartowski, the commander in chief of the Nedite Army, sat at his desk, listening to radio reports. Apparently the NNW was beginning a full scale uprising in some of the cities. In addition, some survivalist militias were apparently rising up in the countryside as well. Nicholas began to suspect that the attack by the NNW in Nedopolis had been a diversion. He picked up his radio.

"Attention, this is General Bartowski. We have an uprising going on in the cities of Churchill, Rowanopolis, Nedville, and Marx City. Deploy all availiable troops to those locations. I'll send some of the troops here in Nedopolis to assist you..."

*PLS Albatross, Central Carribean, International Waters. 9:00 PM. July 6th, 2009.*

"I don't know what you're talking about! We didn't shoot the torpedo!" Captain Bart, who had grabbed the microphone from his operator, shouted to the Albatross. Robertson turned to Stromberg.

"In the name of God, will you just fire already!" he shouted. He then turned to the crew. "It seems obvious to me that Nedland has betrayed Promised Land! The government of Edward Bartowski has no respect for good Christian lifestyles that the people of Promised Land follow! You have spent too long standing by watching as Ned persecutes believers and crushes capitalism! It's time for you to eliminate Nedland's current government once and for all!" he turned back to Captain Stromberg, "So Captain, I'll say it's time for you to fight."

When the troops were a day out...the remaining invaders struck at Nedopolis itself, all 1300 of them. With the troops that had been deployed out, and the support from the real rebel groups, it would be a battle that was not easily won by either side. The first places that would be attacked would be the outlying garrisons, then as each was elimninated or sufficiently isolated, they would move inward toward the capitol building itself.

----

In international waters

"It does appear that way," Stromberg said, in answer to Robertson's rant. he had to appear the colected, reasoning captain in front of his crew, but he could already tell many of them were angry about the attack, and not just the conspirators.

"Tell the Stealth and Silence to each fire two torpedoes on the Leviathan, and launch the remaining aircraft."

To Captain Bart, he transmitted, "I don't know why you did it, but you and your government will pay for this treachery. Farewell, Captain."

When the troops were a day out...the remaining invaders struck at Nedopolis itself, all 1300 of them. With the troops that had been deployed out, and the support from the real rebel groups, it would be a battle that was not easily won by either side. The first places that would be attacked would be the outlying garrisons, then as each was elimninated or sufficiently isolated, they would move inward toward the capitol building itself.

----

In international waters

"It does appear that way," Stromberg said, in answer to Robertson's rant. he had to appear the colected, reasoning captain in front of his crew, but he could already tell many of them were angry about the attack, and not just the conspirators.

"Tell the Stealth and Silence to each fire two torpedoes on the Leviathan, and launch the remaining aircraft."

To Captain Bart, he transmitted, "I don't know why you did it, but you and your government will pay for this treachery. Farewell, Captain."

*Admirality Building, Nedopolis Waterfront, Republic of Nedland. 9:05 PM. July 6th, 2009*

The Leviathan exploded in a brilliant flash of light when one of the torpedos hit her ammunition depot. Most of the crew were killed, including Captain Bart. In the meantime, back at the Admirality, one of the Navy Strategists noticed that the light on the computerized map that showed where the ships in the waters around Nedopolis were that represented the Leviathan had turned off. This meant that communications with the Leviathan had been lost. The strategist grabbed a radio microphone and tried to talk to the ship, but to no avail. He then headed to High Admiral Horatio Sparrow.

"Admiral Sparrow, we have lost communications with the Leviathan," the strategist said.

"What? That's odd. Did you try to talk to the Promised Land ship that they were meeting?" Sparrow replied.

"No, sir. We don't have communications with them." Sparrow swore under his breath.

"Send in some Global Hawks to investigate. Equip them with cameras and radar so they can see under the waves. I suspect foul play," Admiral Sparrow replied.

"Yes, Admiral," the strategist said, and he walked away.

The two Global Hawk drones flew above the small fleet, photographing the ships and submarines from various angles. They also photographed the sinking Leviathan, and then flew back the way they came.

*Northern Nedite Jungle, Near Nedopolis, Nedland. 5:00 PM, July 7th, 2009*

E and Rowan had been walking in the jungle for some time now. E didn't have an idea of where to go, so she simply continued walking through the forest, dragging Rowan behind her. As they walked, the jungle suddenly became alive with gunfire. They had walked near where some of the rebel soldiers were attacking a Nedite military outpost as part of the offensive the rebels were making against Nedopolis. E and Rowan ducked past the outpost (making sure to avoid being seen by soldiers on either side) and wandered onto a nearby road.

"What is going on?" Rowan said, staring back towards the gunfire, "Are they with you?"

"They were..." E said, "But they don't seem to have held their side of the bargain. Well, I guess I didn't really hold my side either. I was supposed to capture or kill the President, and then the offensive would begin," Rowan listened carefully.

"So there are... or were, more people working with you," Rowan rhetorically stated. E nodded.

"What is it about Nedland that makes people so mad?" E said, "This is the second time I've been taken along to try to bring down the government, and from what I've heard, there were several other times as well. Perhaps Ned is a bad leader?"

"Well," Rowan replied, "Ned makes mistakes sometimes and he can be a bit indecisive, but I'd say that overall, he just wants to be a good leader who is loved and respected by his people. I'd say that the real reason why those who oppose Nedland do so is because Nedland represents (like the original USA) a unique experiment in human conditions. Most other nations can not claim to have come as close to true socialism and equality than Nedland. Perhaps it is because of this fact that so many are offended by Nedland's existence, as when reactionary politicians chant their 'socialism promotes corruption and lazyness' slogans, Nedland stands as a shining counterexample to their propaganda. Nedland is also one of the few countries in the world with a radical atheist president, which is probably the main reason Robertson despises Ned's administration. It is for these reasons that I believe that so many wish to destroy Nedland." As Rowan had been giving that monolouge, several Nedite soldiers (who had originally been sent to help defend the outpost) spotted them.

"Hey, isn't that that E person who kidnapped Vice President Rowan? And I think that's Rowan over there! Screw the outpost, we've got to catch E!" said one of the soldiers. The soldiers drove their two jeeps towards Rowan and E.

Edited by Ned the Great

The surviving Nedite Sailors were taken aboard the Albatross. They were first checked over for any injuries, and depending on the seriousness of each one, sent either to the Brig or Sick Bay. the Ships began moving inside Nedite waters, heedless of the unmanned drones.

The surviving Nedite Sailors were taken aboard the Albatross. They were first checked over for any injuries, and depending on the seriousness of each one, sent either to the Brig or Sick Bay. the Ships began moving inside Nedite waters, heedless of the unmanned drones.

*Northern Nedite Jungle, Near Nedopolis, Nedland. 9:50 PM, July 6th, 2009*

Robertson's Apache landed on a makeshift helipad that some militia members had cleared out in the jungle. Upon getting off, Todd and Hilary (and their SST companions) were greeted warmly by the milita. They rushed off into the jungle to take part in the offensive against Nedland.

*Admirality Building, Nedopolis Waterfront, Republic of Nedland. 10:00 PM. July 6th, 2009*

"Admiral, the drones have returned. You'll want to see this," the strategist who had sent the drones said to Admiral Sparrow. Sparrow accompanied him and saw the photographs the drones had brought back. He gasped.

"This cannot be?" the Admiral said, "Get me on a line with the folks at the Enagon, the Air Academy, and the Promised Land Embassy. Also, relay this news to our ambassador in Promised Land! I've got to see the President..."

*Nedite Embassy, New Jerusalem, Promised Land. 10:05 PM. July 6th, 2009.*

Ambassador Eugene Walter again picked up the phone, it having interrupted his coffee break. When told of the situation, he immediately called the Promised Land navy.

"Hello, this is the Nedite Ambassador Eugene Walter again, and I'd just like to ask whatt the hell are your search and rescue ships doing in the Carribean?! They sunk one of ours!"

*President Ned's Hacienda, Outskirts Of Nedopolis, Republic of Nedland. 10:15 PM. July 6th, 2009*

Ned was sitting in his office, working late on another peice of legislature, when Admiral Sparrow walked in.

"Ahhh, Admiral Sparrow. What brings you he-" Ned started, before he was interrupted by Sparrow.

"Mr. President, we have a situation..."

*PLS Albatross, Off The Coast Of Nedland, Gulf Of Honduras. 4:30 AM. July 7th, 2009.*

Robertson walked up to Captain Stromberg again in the early morning.

"Captain, I think that we should let the Nedite government know that we're nearby and we have the nuclear weapons now. That way, the government will be unwilling to react to the revolution that is going on inside the country. Also, I'm wondering where Strider is. I believed that he would be meeting us out at sea," Robertson said in a commanding tone.

*Northern Nedite Jungle, Near Nedopolis, Nedland. 5:00 PM, July 7th, 2009*

The two jeeps full of soldiers stopped right in front of Rowan and E.

"Freeze! Put your hands in the air!" the Sergeant in command of the soldiers shouted. E immediately threw several knives towards the drivers of the two jeeps, killing both of them, while dodging the resulting gunfire. She then jumped onto one of the jeeps and stabbed another soldier with a knife, then whipped out her shotgun and fired at one of the two remaining soldiers in the jeep. The soldier was killed, and the other soldier dived out of the jeep. The Sergeant (who was in the other jeep) and the other soldiers fired at E again, but she again dodged. She then grabbed Rowan and pulled her into the car next to her. The soldiers raised their guns again.

"Don't shoot if you want your vice president," E said, holding Rowan in front of her. The soldiers lowered their guns. E pulled out her combat knife (the one knife that she did not throw) again and placed it alongside Rowan's neck. "Drop them." The soldiers dropped the guns. E then pulled Rowan down and grabbed the wheel of the jeep, spinning it around and driving back down the road towards Nedopolis. The soldiers picked their guns up and gave chase, radioing for assistance as they did so.

E drove the car down the road, attempting to avoid the various military vehicles that came to pusue her. Soon, the jeep was joined by two humvees and a Black Hawk helicopter in its pursuit. The soldiers attempted to fire a few times at E, but eventually gave up out of fear of harming Rowan. As E drove, she dodged a few more military vehicles going the opposite direction down the road, and then drove into a clearing off the road. The other vehicles pursued her, so she decided to drive through a nearby stream. E's jeep drove into the water. As it drove, E desperately stepped on the pedal, hoping it would go faster. The soldiers fired more gunshots at her. Finally, E grabbed her last grenade and threw it out at one of the humvees. The grenade blew up the humvee, but the other vehicles kept driving towards her. E stepped on the pedal in furiosity and the jeep cleared the stream. The jeep full of soldiers, which was right behind her, drove into the stream afterwards, but the soldiers were not careful and their jeep smashed into a large rock in the stream and flipped over. The other humvee and helicopter cleared the river and continued the chase. E drove into thick jungle and desperately tried to dodge the trees. Sniper shots from the helicopter nearly hit her a few times, but she kept manuvering safely past all of the trees. The Humvee, being much larger than the jeep, was not able to manuver effectively in the dense jungle and smashed into a large tree, knocking over the tree and killing everyone inside. As E drove back out onto the road, only the helicopter remained in pursuit of her. More sniper shots broke the glass on the front of the jeep as E drove into the suburbs of Nedopolis. Civilian cars rushed out of the way as E's jeep zoomed down the street. Rowan was screaming as the jeep swerved to avoid several minivans. The helicopter was getting closer to the jeep by the second, but as E drove out into the middle of an intersection, the helicopter tried and failed to avoid the traffic light in front of it. The blades of the helicopter were caught onto the light and broke, and the helicopter plummetted to the ground. E smiled as she saw the helicopter fall, but when she looked forward again her smile disappeared. An Abrams tank blocked the street in front of her. The tank fired at E (having not gotten the notification that Rowan was in the car), and she swerved to the right to avoid it, crashing into a fire hydrant as she did so. The burst of water from the hydrant blasted her side of the car, propelling it up into the air. The tilted car then zoomed through the small space between the tank and the houses on the right. The left wheels of the jeep rolled along the side of the tank. When they had cleared the tank, the jeep's left side crashed back down onto the road. E and Rowan breathed a sigh of relief that they were still alive, when they looked in front of them and screamed again. The jeep came crashing through the entrance to a local Buy More, an electronics store. After knocking over a few shelves, E finally stepped on the break and the car came to a stop in front of the checkout desk of the store. The clerk standing at the desk stepped back in surprise.

"W-welcome to Buy More!" he stammered. As E and Rowan climbed out of the car, E immediately pulled out her shotgun and pointed it to Rowan and the clerk.

"Get on the floor or I'll shoot!" E yelled. She then turned and looked out the window at the SWAT and National Guard soldiers who were gathering in front of the building.

*Northern Nedite Jungle, Near Nedopolis, Nedland. 9:50 PM, July 6th, 2009*

Robertson's Apache landed on a makeshift helipad that some militia members had cleared out in the jungle. Upon getting off, Todd and Hilary (and their SST companions) were greeted warmly by the milita. They rushed off into the jungle to take part in the offensive against Nedland.

A number of troops continued to support their offensive. So far, everything seemd to be going according to plan.

*Nedite Embassy, New Jerusalem, Promised Land. 10:05 PM. July 6th, 2009.*

Ambassador Eugene Walter again picked up the phone, it having interrupted his coffee break. When told of the situation, he immediately called the Promised Land navy.

"Hello, this is the Nedite Ambassador Eugene Walter again, and I'd just like to ask whatt the hell are your search and rescue ships doing in the Carribean?! They sunk one of ours!"

Hunt coughed on the swallow of coffee he had been about to take, and Mr. Walter would clearly hear his frantic efforts to rgain his breath.

When he finally recovered, he shouted into the phone. "They did what?! let me try and contact them. Hold please..."

He radioed naval command, who in turn attempted to contact the ships. But for some reason, they were unable to get through.

Hunt relayed this information to Eugene Walter. "We are continuing to try and contact them, but for some reason they are not responding to our hails."

*President Ned's Hacienda, Outskirts Of Nedopolis, Republic of Nedland. 10:15 PM. July 6th, 2009*

Ned was sitting in his office, working late on another peice of legislature, when Admiral Sparrow walked in.

"Ahhh, Admiral Sparrow. What brings you he-" Ned started, before he was interrupted by Sparrow.

"Mr. President, we have a situation..."

And that situation would be getting worse all the time, as the rebellion, supported by the troops, continued slowly but surely to advance on the capitol building.

*PLS Albatross, Off The Coast Of Nedland, Gulf Of Honduras. 4:30 AM. July 7th, 2009.*

Robertson walked up to Captain Stromberg again in the early morning.

"Captain, I think that we should let the Nedite government know that we're nearby and we have the nuclear weapons now. That way, the government will be unwilling to react to the revolution that is going on inside the country. Also, I'm wondering where Strider is. I believed that he would be meeting us out at sea," Robertson said in a commanding tone.

"Strider is commanding the ground attack," he answered simply.

Throwing a look at the Com officer, who opened a channel directly to the capital, he gestured to Robertson. "We are connected to your nation's military comand. Say what you wish, but be careful. The walls have ears here..." he said, with a pointed glance around the bridge.

Down in the brig, the tech officer who had overheard them was talking to the officer of the brig, who couldn't believe what he was hearing. Together, they went to talk to the prisoners.

Addressing the most senior Nedite officer in command, he spoke. "We have reason to believe that a consipiracy within our own government, and possibly yours as well, is trying to push our nations to the brink of war. We don't know who is a part of this, except for perhaps the Captain himself, but we do know we need to stop it. You are the only people we know we can trust. Will you help us?"