Drakorian Announcement

loannes

OOC: First off, I realize most of my announcements are bland and somewhat lacking in the RP department, so I'll be mixing it up in this one. It may be unnecessarily long, but I just want to make sure no one thinks I don't know how to RP.

IC: President Jason R. Drake glanced through the door at the gathered politicians. Inside his office were representatives from the Drakorian protectorates of Adygea, Krasnodar Kray, Stavropol Kray, and Kalmykia. "State admission meetings...always so long to achieve the same purpose ten words can achieve."

"Sir, it'll be over sooner the faster you get in there," one of his guards pointed out.

"True."

Jason straightened his tie and walked into his office. The four representatives stood, smiling and shaking his hand. Jason sat behind his desk, and motioned for the representatives to sit. After they had, he surveyed them and said calmly, "Straight to the point. My Director of the State said that your respective regions wished to apply for statehood in the Republic of Drakoria."

"The Director is correct," said the Kalmykia representative, a man named Marcus Reynold.

"Well, I need to read a status report on your regions before we can consider them for statehood."

Each representative produced folders labelled for their regions and placed them on Jason's desk.

After reading each report, Jason looked at the representatives. "No internal strife, minimal corruption, minimal crime, sturdy governments...you seem to have these and all other requirements. However, there is one issue." He looked at Adygea's representative. "Speaker of the Senate Ronald T. Thompson told me that many of the Senators are iffie about Adygea's admittance on account of it's location. You're in the dead center of Krasnodar Kray, and as such, have no need for a separate local government. They will likely only consent to the area becoming part of Drakoria if it merges into Krasnodar Kray. It's not a matter of who you are, but a matter of keeping the government small. Can you consent to this?"

The Adygean considered for a brief moment. "Yes, Mr. President. The Governor said that is within my power of negotiation."

"Good. I'll pass this notion to the Senate." He sealed up the notes he had been taking and called his secretary in. "Take this to the Senate Chamber."

"Yes, sir."

Shortly after, the Senate voted on the bill and unanimously decided to admit the three states, with Adygea merging into Krasnodar Kray. President Drake signed the bill into law.

Two hours later

President Drake sat in a conference room at the head of a table. Around the table were Vice President Henry J. Fredericks, Director of the State Alexander Hanson, Director of Defense Leonard W. Grant, Director of Legal Cases Conrad Hanns, and Speaker of the Senate Ronald T. Thompson. A slide projector showing Drakoria and the surrounding regions was next to the table. Director Grant was speaking, using the slide as an aid.

"To the north we have the Greater Nordlandic Reich. To the south, Rebel Army. Our east and west are covered by the Caspian and Black Seas, respectively. We are neutral to GNR, and with no major contact with them, we shouldn't be threatened. Rebel Army is friendly to us, and as such, we should be safe to the south and on the Black Sea. However, across the Caspian Sea, there is one unoccupied area. I may just be feeling paranoid, but it would not bode well for us if an unfriendly power took that area. As such, I think we should declare a protectorate across the Caspian Sea."

President Drake studied the map, scratching his chin. "I believe that is an appropriate course of action. We just need to decide which areas to protect. Remember, Drakoria's military is finite in numbers."

An hour long debate ensued, with some of the cabinet members wanting a ton of land for future annexation, and the others wanting to remain limited. Finally, President Drake made a compromise.

Public Announcement

After due consideration, the government of Drakoria has created two resolutions.

1. The areas of Adygea, Krasnodar Kray, Stavropol Kray, and Kalmykia will be admitted into Drakoria as states, but Adygea will be governed by the government of Krasnodar Kray.

2. In the interest of protecting Drakorian interests in and around the Caspian Sea, we hereby declare a protectorate over the regions shown below.

newcnrpclaims.jpg

If these protectorate claims conflict with anyone, please contact us.

Edit: (OOC: Uploaded the wrong file, actually. :P )

Edited by Drakedeath

**Private Musing**

The Riesling bounced gently in the crystal glass as news broadcasters slowly drew a map of the Drakorian expansion in Asia. Sarah smiled, laughed, and shook her head. "Well, it could be worse, they could be Communists or Nords."

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

**Private Musing**

The Riesling bounced gently in the crystal glass as news broadcasters slowly drew a map of the Drakorian expansion in Asia. Sarah smiled, laughed, and shook her head. "Well, it could be worse, they could be Communists or Nords."

OOC: Technically, I'm already in Asia. The Caucasus region is kind of the dividing line, so it's half Europe and half Asia.

Yamato condemns the formation of new protectorates.

OOC: I'll have to check your SoI. This protectorate business is ridiculous.

OOC: Do protectorates, so long as you don't annex them, even count toward your total landmass? If not, it's a grey area where SoI is concerned.

OOC: You can claim any where of any size as a protectorate.

OOC: I was about to ask about that. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Edit: Also, I intend to make this my last claim for awhile. I'll need to direct my energy to making a factbook and for the first Drakorian Elections in a few days.

Edited by Drakedeath