Negative citizens

HeroofTime55

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1303949869' post='2700712']
Despite it being highly unlikely, it's [i]possible[/i] that an ignorant player finds her/himself at 24 days of inactivity without being able to dismiss soldiers (e.g. for having done a ground attack). This just requires a combination of inactivity, bad luck and ignorance, thus it [i]is[/i] possible.

IMHO players should never have their nations deleted against their will (unless they broke the rules) thus this issue, though minor, isn't irrelevant.

A simple fix would be to allow nations to collect negative amounts and to have a negative treasury as a result. I don't see why not.
[/quote]
But that just brings us back to square one.

All admin needs to do is implement

[code]income = max(income, 0);[/code]

to put a lower bound on collections, and then let you collect $0 if you really want to. Problem completely solved.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1305613569' post='2713524']
But that just brings us back to square one.

All admin needs to do is implement

[code]income = max(income, 0);[/code]

to put a lower bound on collections, and then let you collect $0 if you really want to. Problem completely solved.
[/quote]

If the problem even exists, something you haven't shown does. It's only conjecture. This thread started due to negative tax collections from having negative citizens. A situation having nothing to do with gross citizen income and everything to do with having negative citizens. Negative citizens being a situation within the control of the nation's ruler, thus not a fatal condition. It's an assumption that just because negative citizens works to create negative income that negative income will work in the same fashion.

[quote name='Captain Nathan Brittles' timestamp='1305689311' post='2714115']
If the problem even exists, something you haven't shown does. It's only conjecture. This thread started due to negative tax collections from having negative citizens. A situation having nothing to do with gross citizen income and everything to do with having negative citizens. Negative citizens being a situation within the control of the nation's ruler, thus not a fatal condition. It's an assumption that just because negative citizens works to create negative income that negative income will work in the same fashion.
[/quote]
Unless it changed since last time I was down there, if you have negative citizens (OK, that's fine), you collect negative dollars (that's not so fine), and while this thread was up, it was changed to prohibit the collection any non-positive amount, with a message that "you have nothing to collect!"

Unless I am very sorely mistaken.

Anyway, we've been constructing scenarios where you can't fix the problem. 25 days inactive, too many troops, and you just did a ground attack in a war because you're really particularly dumb, and now you can't collect, and the game forces you to delete.

Edited by HeroofTime55