18 June 1919: The Second Commonwealth of Free Tristania is born

Free Tristania

Citizens of the Second Commonwealth of Free Tristania, 

Today, 18 June 1919, the new Constitution of the newly free Commonwealth of (Free) Tristania has come into effect.  This will bring some changes: no longer are we dependent on the whims of Great Britain and the Imperial domains.  From now on - we can set our own house in order in the way that suits us.  This also means that the Provisional Government has resigned it's commission to the Chief of the Armed Forces and has called for elections in which several parties will run for office.  This also means that Free Tristania will also have to elect a president.

Gentlemen, the task that lays before us is a difficult one indeed: how are we going to change this massive continent into a habitable and wealthy country ? With all its jungles, rivers, lakes, mountains, the deep seas that break around on our white shores nature is abundant and the future seems to be smiling at us. However: first we need to defeat those jungles, those rivers, those lakes, those mountains and perhaps even tame the seas.

With peace and order now restored in Europe, and a peace treaty between us and the British Empire signed, we can finally get to work and there will be plenty of work for the troops that come home from either from the Western and Gallipoli fronts in Europe - or from the equally bloodsoaked battlefields of our own country. 60.984 of our fine citizens died either in Europe or here.. many more were wounded. Let's give them a country fit for heroes. A country that was worth dying for. It will be my pride and joy to announce that parliamentary elections will be held on 1 July of this year - followed by presidential elections on the 15th.

Signed,

Hendrik K. de Villiers Graaff

Chairman of the Provisional Government.

OOC: I am announcing the birth of my nation - modelled on the one I have in Nationstates.

OOC: I see you are willing to RP. Without wanting to discourage you to do so, the correct boards for what you seem to be trying to do are here. Maybe some mod moves the topic if you ask them. In that subforum, you'll find others who might want to RP with you, for a more fun experience. Good luck.