wonder vs infra

NinjaPirate

Hey everyone, I'm just looking for some input.

This here is my nation: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=417787

I was at 25k ns before the war with CSN that I'm sure most of you heard about. I had a solid $170m warchest but by the end of the war, that warchest was down to roughly $60m. The day my wonder clock reset I bought the DRA for $40m, leaving me with just $20m left (which I then spent on infra).

At the time I got a lot of conflicting opinions on whether I should have spent the $60m on either the wonder or more infra. I can see it both ways. I got my first wonder at 80 days and I've been buying them every 30 days since so it would make sense to continue doing that. On the other hand, putting all the money I could potentially spend on wonders into infra would boost me from 2.3k infra to roughly 4k which would greatly increase my net income.

So in 3 days, I can spend the $45m I have on either another wonder or I can buy roughly 1.5k infra. Any thoughts on what I should do? And if you suggest I buy a wonder, what wonder should I get?

Thanks a ton for your help!

Edited by NinjaPirate

I vote to spend it on infrastructure. Aside from increased income there are other issues. As a result of the war you're currently at -20 improvements. That means you're unable to improvement swap. The best wonder you could buy is going to give +5 happiness. You'll get the same boost as the wonder if you get your infrastructure back up to a level you can improvement swap. You really need to get your improvement slot situation squared away before you consider buying wonders again.

Buying infra is the right call. Keep in mind that 1500 infra will boost your population roughly 15k (this is using your current citizen: infra ratio), no wonder can come close to giving you a boost like that. I understand you want to keep your wonder clock ticking, ideally you would buy one along with infra.

In your case, buying a wonder instead of infra will keep that clock going, but will severely set back your nations growth. It will likely also push your future wonder purchases back. This will also make it that much harder to buy infra (as it's hard to build up any serious money with 2500 infra). It'll be a brutal cycle trying to keep up with wonders then. There is a good reason people generally wait until they reach 4k infra to start buying wonders.

On the other hand, if you forgo the wonder for now in favor of infra, you will be able to rebuild your nation much faster (buying infra is conducive to rebuilding, go figure). You may have to push back the purchase of your next wonder, however doing a proper sled/ jump/ back collection will allow you to get those wonders rolling again as you'll have much better funding for them.

• 4 weeks later...