新燕通訊社

Lestari

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1292699305' post='2542886']
"These province leaders have made large human rights violations; we support the UFE's condemnation."
[/quote]
Apparently your nation is woefully uninformed.

OOC: Are you !@#$@#$ kidding me. I'm not a !@#$@#$ province. Now stop !@#$@#$ crowding up my news thread.

Edited by dotCom

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1292701449' post='2542930']
OOC: Come on dotCom you spent several months trying to goad a war out of me.

IC: "Slandering our good allies names will not win you points."
[/quote]
OOC: That was back when I was in Europe :D. Now get out of my thread and stop cluttering it.

OOC: I am not cluttering it, this is the long standing policy of my nation since before you entered China, all my posts have had an IC nature (save for this one as you made no IC post). That is not called clutter, it may not be what you like, but it is within my right to do so, and quite consistent with the behavior of Chinese regimes IRL to which I've tried to emulate IC.

Edited by Triyun

[b]Cabinet Adjourns Its Latest Meeting[/b]

Days after the infamous riot at Junction 4, the Xinyan Cabinet has adjourned its latest meeting to discuss several new issues that have been brought to attention. First of the issues discussed was gay rights; previously, the provincial leadership of what is now the Xinyan Republic before independence had prohibited gay marriage. In an overwhelming decision, the entire Cabinet, including the president, elected to remove the clause against gay marriage and fully restore people of different sexualities their rights.

"It's quite ludicrous that anyone should have their rights stripped from them for something like their sexuality," Director of the Guofangbu General Cheng Nangjia said of the decision. "It arises from a fear of differences of any sort and in a modern society, a fear of differences can only hold us back." The former provincial laws, Nangjia also pointed out, was preventing homosexuals from joining the military, which was "entirely unacceptable; anyone who wishes to serve their nation may do so."

The second issue discussed, brought forth by Director of Education Commander Ku Fei, was concerning the school system of the Xinyan Republic; Commander Fei stated that "not enough money is being funneled into our schools, a rather pitiful statement". The clause Commander Fei suggested would subtract from the military's annual budget and instead add the subtracted amount to the Department of Education and Science, whose budget currently stands at twelve billion; the clause is estimated to increase the DoES's budget to an annual fifteen billion within two years. The Cabinet passed the suggestion, though General Cheng Nangjia of the Guofangbu and Director of Industry Commander Wang Tsu-Ming vetoed the clause.

Finally, the Cabinet discussed, of course, the riots that occurred at Junction 4. General Cheng Nangjia, concerned that another such riot could become more destructive, suggested the possibility of tightening security in Xinyan City permanently, as well as creating a law against such protests. The new law would have permitted the military to continue to patrol Junction 4 using tanks and APCs, but with the exception of General Nangjia, Vice President Zeng Tsungtan, and
Director of Justice Lieutenant Colonel Gao Zhen, the Cabinet vetoed the suggestion. "Though we are, of course, concerned over the recent outbreak of violence in Junction 4, additional military presence may serve only to create tension," President Wu Zen Jiang said of the suggestion. "At the moment, tensions in Junction 4 are slowly but surely cooling, and we do not need any more military personnel there."

In other news, forty of the rioters arrested at Junction 4 are remaining in prison for their charges, which have earned them a year in prison. Ten others, however, who were found to have organised the violence and engineered many of the weapons used, will be imprisoned for the next five years.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1292728432' post='2543599']
Korea is willing to help in maintaining stability of Xinyan, should it be called upon.
[/quote]
Stability? Our stability is in no way threatened. This was not a revolution or rebellion, not at all. It was a tragic but minor riot that has been ended.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1292728698' post='2543606']
It is just an offer on our part should Xinyan need help in the future. Do not act paranoid, for that might actually make you enemies.
[/quote]
[b]Classified Response[/b]

We apologise if our tone in our reply was in any way hostile. Due to recent...[i]interactions [/i]with the UFE, the Xinyan Republic has gone on alert.

[b]Cabinet Decides to Ban Headscarves and Other Religious Clothing From Government[/b]

Controversy arose today when President Wu Zen Jiang's Cabinet made a decision to impose a full ban on any religious clothing worn by officers of the Xinyan government. The ban also applies to anyone who holds an educational office of any kind, whether they are Xinyan citizens or not. The entire Cabinet unanimously approved the ban, which they said would 'uphold the secular and irreligious values of the Xinyan Republic'. The Republic's population is divided between Hànchuán Fójiào (Chinese Buddhists) mostly in the Northwest, and Zheng Yi Dao and Han Shenists focused more to the southwest; in addition, Xinyan's large population of atheists and agnostics are found to be concentrated to the east and centre of the nation. Very few of the nation is Christian or Muslim; those who are, however, made a public outcry in response to the ban. An unnamed Muslim who was interviewed said that this ban was "only the start of a full on campaign to eliminate religion from the Republic's leadership and discriminate against those of faith". The claim was dismissed as ludicrous by the Cabinet.

"I myself adhere to many principles in life that are shared by traditional Chinese Buddhist tenets," President Wu Zen Jiang said in response. "And I recognise there are many principles, 'religious' in nature, that we can learn much from. However, it is the belief of the Cabinet--and, as polls indicate, of much of the Republic's populace--that to permit public shows of religion from our government officers or from educators would be to betray our principles as a secular state. We are by no means preventing anyone from practicing their religion in private. The Xinyan people do not want their children influenced religion-wise at school, so it is only logical educators would not be permitted to wear religious clothing."

General Cheng Nangjia of the Guofangbu put it in a short, to the point statement. "In a modern country, religion has no place in educating the people, nor in the government."

The ban has given new spark to the heavy debate between the state and its secularists and atheists, and the associations of religious people, especially Christians and Muslims. While some secularists in the Republic have declared that the government should be free of religion entirely, those in favour of religion argue that to do so violates their rights and that in fact it would be beneficial for religion to play a part in the Xinyan government. So far, the government remains secularist, as does the military, which has also recently banned religious clothing while on duty. A recent poll in Xinyan City showed that 22 percent of the population there would want religion gone entirely from the government and education system; another 59 percent agreed that the ban was appropriate and necessary. 18 percent believed that the ban was illegal and unlawful.

• 2 weeks later...

[b]Military Parade and Patriotic Show in Xinyan City[/b]

This week is the fifth anniversary of the formation of the Provisional Party for Independence for New Barag, the group of officers and workers who toiled to win the Republic independence from its parent state, the Zargathian monarchy. In celebration of this event, the Xinyan government organised unquestionably the largest and most well-funded parade in the Republic's history, dwarfing even the first Independence Day parades.

As the Xinyan Republic's military equipment, T-84 tanks, S-300 SAM systems, Smersh trucks, MORAG APCs, rolled down the streets, with soldiers saluting the people from atop them, the onlookers, as well as many troops on foot, began to sing the national anthem of the Xinyan Republic.

[i]"Long live the Xinyan Republic, country of honour and strength!
Our beloved nation, united in brotherhood
Glorious homeland, to you we are forever loyal, forever proud
Long live the Xinyan Republic!"[/i]

"It is a beautiful sight to see, so many people showing their pride and love for their country," President Wu Zen Jiang said in a speech on the first day of the week-long parades. "It motivates me even more than ever to strive to do my best to serve you, my people, to the fullest extent I can, so you will know your loyalty and pride is for the best of reasons." Towards the end of the speech, the president said, "This is a country built on the work and love of you, the people, whom we as the state serve. May your loyalty be everlasting, your pride never doubted. Long live the Xinyan Republic!"

[b]Elections Confirmed to be Upcoming[/b]

In an announcement that has been long awaited by some--and long dreaded by many others--President Wu Zen Jiang confirmed that within the month, elections will be held to determine the first 'elected premier' of the Xinyan Republic. President Jiang, who as the provisional president during the independence movement immediately became president of the Republic upon independence, has been described as "the best leader Xinyan could possibly have" and polls showed that even amongst those who advocated elections, President Jiang is considered not only the best, but the [i]only [/i]true candidate for presidency.

"President Wu Zen Jiang is the face of the Republic, and that simply cannot be changed," General Cheng Nangjia, Director of the Guofangbu, told reporters. "There truly is no Xinyan Republic without her in the lead." Other members of the Cabinet made similar statements, saying that "the Republic is in a stage where we cannot allow anything to slow our progress" and "the nation has done excellently under President Jiang".

However, those who had been calling for elections for the past few months find this reason to rejoice, claiming that it is a necessary step to maintaining the Republic as a nation of the people. Wang Liu, a noted political analyst who has been called a "thorn in the side of Xinyan progress", stated today that this was "an important step in ensuring the Xinyan Republic is a state for the people." Exactly who will be running in this new election is unknown, though rumours claim that the daughter of President Jiang herself, Wu De Ling, may be involved.

[b]Elections Come to an End[/b]

Today, Wu De Ling, daughter of former president Wu Zen Jiang, was sworn in as President of the Xinyan Republic and all titles which accompany it. President De Ling's party, the Patriots of Xinyan, annihilated the competition during the elections that took place throughout the last months. In a highly elabourate and grand ceremony, De Ling was declared president of the Xinyan Republic by the Cabinet as successor to Wu Zen Jiang.

[URL=http://img132.imageshack.us/i/desut.png/][IMG]http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9629/desut.png[/IMG][/URL] [i]President Wu De Ling, in ceremonial uniform, is declared President of the Xinyan Republic[/i]

"Today will mark a new Xinyan, a new Republic, and ultimately a new Asia," President De Ling declared in her inauguration speech. "The Republic will rise beyond anything it has ever been, and in the future it will lead Asia into a Golden Age of peace, prosperity, and power. The Republic will be a model to all nations of the world, an example of the achievements, the marvels Xinyan is capable of."

Former president Jiang watched the events solemnly, but declined to speak, citing that given her relation to President De Ling it would be unwise. General Cheng Nangjia, who suddenly shifted the military's support to De Ling in the elections, was unable to speak, as he was directing the troops that marched down Junction One of Xinyan City in a lavish parade.

As De Ling left the podium to lead the Republic into a new age, a city-wide celebration of the beginning of a new Xinyan Republic began.

OOC: For those unable to come to terms with it, that is not the whole speech. It is an excerpt from it :v

Edited by dotCom