Alaska Defense Force

Shatner

[b]The Gates of Anchorage[/b]

The military has begun construction of the 'Gates of Anchorage,' a system of defenses to prevent an incursion into the state of Kenai and the executive and judicial capitals in Anchorage and Wasilla respectively. The defenses will be principally cruise missile sites and anti-aircraft batteries on each side of the bottleneck that is the Cook Inlet.

[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/ShipItOnTheFrisco/Kenaidefenses.png[/img]

Blue- Cruise Missile Launch Sites
Green- Anti-Aircraft Batteries [Include Conventional Ballistics and Missile Batteries]
Red- Ground Forces Bases
Purple- Airfields

Construction will be ongoing, and expansion of the defenses will continue as the nation grows in economic and industrial power.

[b]Fjord Defenses[/b]

Klondike, being the wealthiest and most advanced state in the Republic, has begun work on an extensive defense network around the legislative capital of Juneau. Utilizing the bottlenecks created by the island network of the state, defenses have been placed to create killing fields along the only passages to Juneau.

[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/ShipItOnTheFrisco/Juneudefenses.png[/img]

Green- Anti-Air and Anti-Naval Defense Emplacements. [Utilize conventional ballistics as well as missile defenses]
Blue- Cruise Missile Launch Sites
Red- Ground Forces Bases
Purple- Air Fields

The One Alaska Party, currently in political control of the state, have partnered with the ADF and have plans to make Klondike the last-ditch holdout for an invasion of the Republic and as such will continue to fund a very extensive defense network for the state, utilizing the rugged and disjointed terrain to the advantage of defending military forces.

[b]Territory Defenses[/b]

[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/ShipItOnTheFrisco/territorydefense.png[/img]

Green: Anti-Aircraft and Anti-Naval Emplacement
Blue: Cruise Missile Launch Site
Red: Ground Forces Base
Purple: Airfield
Yellow: Border Defenses

Border Defenses: Erected in light of Alaskan Union involvement in the BH-GLP War and drug war. Border emplacements include mobile emplacements of artillery meant to impede the advance of ground forces, as well as static emplacements to be manned by infantrymen which include machine gun nests, pillboxes, and concrete bunkers. Development has been slow but is moving at a consistent pace.

Threshold [The area with two red dots in the North-Central region]: Only border crossing from the Union to the Republic. There are only 4 checkpoints, 2 into the Republic, 2 out.

• 2 weeks later...

[b]North Pacific Special Air Service[/b]

Newly appointed General Field Marshal Danforth authorized the creation of what would be the most elite fighting force in the entire commonwealth, the North Pacific Special Air Service [NPSAS]. They would be trained in all manner of fighting skills, and that training would be brutal. Taught to survive and self-sustain themselves in the mountains, on the coasts, on uninhabited islands, the North Pacific SAS would be taught to operate anywhere.

The SAS would not be part of the Special Forces Branch of the NPDF, but instead would answer directly to the Field Marshal, serving as an elite team that operated outside of normal circumstance and procedure.

OOC: THis is considered after the Pikachurin meeting, as it involves my Field Marshal.

[b]North Pacific SAS; Interior of the West Alaska Territory, Roughly 85 miles South of Threshold[/b]

A base had been created for the NPSAS outside of Sitka where the Field Marshal could easily check in on what would be his personal weapon, but another base had been established deep within the West Alaska Territory, where the mountains met the plain that extended to the Pacific Ocean. Winter had set in, but that meant nothing for the training routine. The first group of soldiers who would be able to call themselves North Pacific SAS, selected from the ranks of the North Pacific Army Mountain Rangers and North Pacific Special Forces, had trained in the fjords of Klondike, spent weeks on islands around the Aleutia Territory, and taken part in survival exercises in the mountains of Denali. Now, their final phases of training would begin.

The North Pacific SAS comprised a regiment 5 1,000 man batallions, the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th SAS Batallions. Commanding the regiment was Colonel David Hendricks.

[img]http://www.zuguide.com/image/Bruce-Willis-Planet-Terror.3.jpg[/img]
[i]Colonel Hendricks[/i]

The supreme commander of the NPDF had come to this remote outpost in the wilderness, to put the finishing touches on his personal army, granted to him by President Sullivan. General Field Marshal Danforth stepped out of an army Landrover and approached the command office of the outpost through the light snow.

The Colonel approached him and saluted before leading his superior into the warmth of the command office. Danforth took a seat after removing his overcoat, while Hendricks remained standing with his hands clasped behind his back.

"Congratulations Colonel, today the North Pacific SAS is officially considered active. I just wished to come see the troops in person before their final training exercise and to inform you of the Regiment's mission."

"Of course, sir," Hendricks replied respectfully.

Danforth rose and began pacing as he spoke, "President Sullivan promised me political power when he acquiesced my ascension to the rank of General Field Marshal, and he has granted that to me by giving my diplomatic power, as well as signing the documents giving me [i]you[/i]." The general paused, then continued, "You are to act as my right hand. If there is a conflict, you will always be the first one in, and you will complete your objectives quickly, quietly, and unnoticed."

"Yes, sir."

"You will be in charge of the most elite fighting force the Commonwealth has. When we need something done, you will be asked to do it. You will be outside the regular chain of command and you are subject to no one but myself, is that clear?"

Hendricks smirked at this last part, "Perfectly, sir."

[b]North Pacific Expeditionary Force Returns[/b]

With the aversion of war in Tahoe, Field Marshal Danforth ordered the return of the North Pacific Expeditionary Force, which comprised all forces that had been sent into Tahoe to honor the Commonwealth's defense agreement. All forces that had been sent into Tahoe have begun the trip home and the contingent of NPSAS has already returned.

[b]NPSAS[/b]

Upon returning, the North Pacific SAS fell back into their normal routine. The Regiment is in constant field training during their down time. The Regiment now has 40 UH-1 helicopters, as well as 20 Apache Longbow Attack Helicopters at their disposal, as well as 150 BTR-80 IFV/APC's along with assorted supply and support vehicles.

• 3 weeks later...