"The Cuban Revolution"

Bull Run

[center][IMG]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll137/Zapaw/Randomality/che8-2.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[i]"But, Commandante how will you make your way past the fleet? Its a suicide mission!"[/i] pleaded Nathalie as several of the most loyal guerrilla soldiers, counted amongst Che Guevara's Elite Liberators armed themselves and prepared letters of farewell for their families. Out of everyone in the room, Che seemed the least anxious. He seemed content, calm, as if he had attained peace. He puffed on his cigar slowly, savouring the smoke, [i]"Mija, we will make it past the rat fleet. I need you to trust me."[/i] Tears streamed down Nathalie's cheeks, [i]"And then what?! The 8 of you are going to take on the Louisianans?! You'll die!! You'll all die!"[/i] Che looked away, unable to watch Nathalie cry. [i]"The Cubans will join us in the revolution, like the fatefull days when we aided the Dominicans in their revolution. We will attain victory as we have in the past. Only I will do it without my good luck charm, I will have to go on without you, mi amor. I cannot risk you on this mission."[/i]

Nathalie violently grabbed onto Che's green coat, [i]"You cannot stop me from going!"[/i] Che gently grabbed her hands, [i]"If I lose everything else, I need to know you are fine. And our son will need one of us; it may take several years of fighting in Cuba before the people are liberated. The both of us cannot remain absent from his life for so long. You will stay mija."[/i] Che had an aura of determination Nathalie had come to loath because she knew no one would be able to change his mind and his heart...

[i]"Listos, hombres!"[/i] the men moved in rank into the small camoflauge boat under the cover of darkness. Che was late; stuck struggling to escape Nathalie's pleads and crying. He gave her a kiss and a salute as he placed his beret on her head. She would be responsible for delivering the family letters as well as notifying their friends in the Revolutionary government of the mission.

The men loaded into the boat and departed for Cuba. The mission braught flashbacks of deja-vous of the night when Che departed with a small team for the Dominican Republic. And so began the Revolution in Che's mind. [i]Cuba will soon be free...[/i]

..Old broadcast interview with el Commandante Che...

[i]"And what do you have to say? How can you explain the actions of the revolutionary guerrillas?"[/i] asked the interviewer. The camera centered on Che, who blew cigar smoke ahead. He smiled, slumping and scratching the back of his head in silent laughter. Studying his cigar and bringing his attention back to the interviewer he began, [i]"At the risk of sounding ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by feelings of love."[/i]
[IMG]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll137/Zapaw/Randomality/che7-2.jpg[/IMG]

...The boadcast continued as Nathalie replayed old VHS of Commandante Che, whom she questioned if she would ever see again..

Making their way across the Caribbean for 2 days and 2 nights, the look-out informed el Commandante of an approaching Louisiana vessel. They where in dangerous waters now. Che ordered no further uses of the motor, they would have to row from this point forward and Cuba was on the horizon. The massive Louisiana ship pummeled through the ocean sending masssive waves that the small boat would have to struggle against for several minutes. As the ship passed the team grew more confident that they haden't been detected and so continued swiftly towards to Cuban coast.

[i]"That is the arsenal of imperialism. One day we will have those ship ferrying all the supplies you can imagine to people in need across the world."[/i] stated Che as his eyes remained glued to the ships hull. The men paid little attention and focused more on their rowing. Che braught his attention back to the boat and began rowing. By the end of the day they had nearly reached the coast..

Edited by Bull Run

"Sizzler 3 to Sizzler 2 do you copy? There is an unauthorized small fishing vessel in sector sixty three. Permission to detain the vessel until the Navy arrives on scene?"

"Roger Sizzler 3, hear you loud and clear, permission to detain vessel until the Navy arrives is granted. Be sure to radio in the vessel's I.D. so we can check to see if it was involved in that incident down near Jauco last night. Captain Siezmore still has steam coming out of his ears for that happening in his sector."

"Aye, Aye Sizzler 2, stand by for the vessel's I.D."

The Louisianan small coast guard ship, no bigger than a small commercial fishing vessel, pulled up to within fifty feet of the unauthorized vessel after hailing was unsuccessful. Fifty feet was the maximum distance at which the vessel's unusually small I.D. numbers could be made out.

"Sizzler 2, this is Sizzler 3, the vessel's I.D. number is 1 9 Alpha Bravo 3..." automatic gun fire could be heard in this distance, soon a scream into the radio could be heard "GET THE NAVY OVER...." more gun shots rang out and the caller's transmission was cut off.

"Sizzler 3? Are you there?"

Sizzler 2 aka Petty Officer Jones turned to his commanding officer, Ensign Taylor with an astonished expression on his face. "Sir, I... I think our boat has been attacked in sector sixty three."

"Well, #@$#%. Jones, get me Captain Hendricks on the line, we'll need the Navy to get their @#$% out there and we'll need the marines to get to the beach to make sure that damn boat doesn't land."

"On it, sir."

The group ignored the call for identification, they knew it was all or nothing now and ending it here was not an option. [i]"Dammit! Commandante what are your orders?"[/i] demanded one of the guerrillas. Che pulled an AK-47 from the floor by his feet and laid prone towards the Louisiana vessel. Calmly, as he took aim he stated, [i]"Don't stop rowing."[/i] he opned fire sporadically at the vessel. His attempts at targeting the figures on the vessel where made fruitless by the wavy motion of the boat.

The men rowed harder than ever as they neared the Cuban coast. The men kept their heads down expecting to be fired on as they thaught they could smell the wild brush of the Cuban jungle. It energized them to continue on. Che squirmed to his back and reloaded his assult rifle. [i]"Listen comrades; when we get to the coast we're going to head into the brush. Let them keep our boat..[/i] As the boat slammed into the Cuba coast the bodies of the 8 men rocked violently. Two men who had fallen over board swam violently towards the coast while the remaining 5 guerrillas ran into the jungle. Che stayed behind keeping his head low and offered his hands to the men as he slung his rifle over his shoulder. The men made it to dry land and rushed into the jungle. Che lit their only dynamite cluster and tossed it into their boat before joining his men in the jungle. They made it...

Edited by Bull Run

The small boat detonated violently in the distance as the team rushed through the jungle with the rifles pointed forward. Finally, after 2 hours of laying low the team got to work on a makeshift encampment. The men chopped small trees nearby and made wooden benches as well as support for straw shacks where they planned to sleep.

The rifle butt came down violently as a large rusted nail was driven into the final wood bench. Letting out a deep sigh, Che pulled a map out from his coat pocket and sat down. The guerrilla soldiers constructed a small radio from seperated parts carried in their packs to even the weight carried by each man.They extended the antena and tuned into a local radio station. The blaring spanish music startled the men [i]"Arremangala arrempujala si, Arremangala arrempujala no, Arremangala arrempujala Arremangala arrempujala Arremangala arrempujala!!!"[/i] One of the men quickly turned down the volume and everyone squatted quickly; their eyes darting in every direction. [i]"Chingao! Watch the volume, camarada!"[/i] whispered a guerrilla angerily.

[IMG]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll137/Zapaw/Che10.jpg[/IMG]

Che rolled his eyes and focused again on his map. In all reality he wasn't quite sure where they where, but without a doubt he knew they were in Cuba and this sufficed. He had worked with much less in the Dominican revolution, but he always stood against the much less threatening force of the national forces. Now, he would have to outsmart the Louisiana military machine who must have numbered at least 50,000 in Che's mind...No mabey 80,000? He wasn't sure. [i]"Gustavo!"[/i] yelled Che, not removing his atention from the map. A guerrilla lifted his head as the group searched through stations, [i]"Si, comandante"[/i] he replied as he walked to Che and saluted. Che took the cigar from his lips and began, [i]"You've been to Cuba before, que no?". [/i]The soldier shifted nervously, [i]"Pues..si..when I was a teenager. We came to Cuba and hoped to make our way to the North from here, but we were caught and deported back to the Dominican Republic."[/i] Che became slightly frustrated, [i]"Well, you were here longer than the rest of us. I am counting on you to find the nearest city. We must make the announcement that we have landed. The Revolution has begun."[/i] The soldier nods and salutes, [i]"Yes, comandante."[/i]

Edited by Bull Run

The Louisianan Marines patrolling the small forest paused as the leader of their platoon stopped and cocked his ear towards the left. "Sergeant, I think I heard someone speaking Spanish."

"This area is uninhabited, Carlos, don't be stupid. Your mind is just playing tricks on you."

"But sir, I'm sure of it, there was a voice speaking Spanish!"

The sergeant grimaced, his platoon was already behind schedule and the to top it all off, the Lieutenant had come down with appendicitis before they were sent out leaving the whole platoon up to him to herd through the Cuban wilderness. All because the Coast Guard lost track of one of their stupid small vessels. '!@#$%^&* probably just got drunk and fell asleep at the helm. What the hell, another two hours isn't going to piss off the Captain much more than he probably already is,' thought the Sergeant.

"Alright men, Lance Corporal Carlos thinks he heard some voices in the forest, so shoulder those weapons and be ready for action if necessary"

The platoon of Louisianan Marines (54 men) spread out and began to make their way farther into the forest towards where the Lance Corporal thought he heard voices.

Gustavo and two others made their way through the forest, snapping the branches on every 5th tree they past so as to be able to find their way back to camp. One of the guerrillas froze without catching the attention of the other two before he spoke, [i]"Oye, Gustavo. I think I heard someone speaking english."[/i] Gustavo and the other guerrilla paused, [i]"Eres loco. We scoped the area, the Louisianans didn't have any of their bases nearby from what we could tell."[/i] The guerrilla soldier felt uneasy, [i]"I put it on the barrio. I know I heard someone speaking english!...at 3 O'clock."[/i] Gustavo reached his hand down his collar and revealed a rosary. He lifted the Christ emblem and kissed it, [i]"Then we will go towards it. If you are right, amigo our gunfire will give El Comandante an early warning to escape."[/i]

As they walked through the humid brush Gustavo's mind drifted to a time when he stood on stage with his commander and their comrades. Everyone had been so happy and he was among those hailed as a hero. The memory braught him to a slight tremble with emotion as if the flashback preluded his final hour...

In his mind, he recalled some words by el Commandante Che:

[i]"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcomed if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.”[/i]

[center][img]http://listverse.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/che-guevara-tm.jpg[/img][/center]

He was shaken from his recall by a tap on his shoulder by one of the guerrillas. The three knelt in position behind several bushes. Gustavo's eyes scanned the scenery and one of the men spoke softly, [i]"To the right. The Louisianans are comming our way. It looks like a whole army."[/i] Gustavo squinted. Sure enough his eyes caught slight movement. [i]"Not quite an army."[/i] he began, [i]"It has been an honor fighting along side you, and may God bless our Comandante. I want you to kill as many Louisianans as you can and make as much noise as possible. If God wills, we will alert the rest of our brothers at camp."[/i] His voice trembled slightly, [i]"Viva la revolucion." [/i]The men shook hands[i]..."Y Cuba libre!"[/i]

As the Louisiana platoon approached the 3 men would spring from their position & dart in different directions, firing rapidly at the Louisiana soldiers..

Lance Corporal Carlos never would learn what killed him, it was, in fact, an AK-47 (OOC: I'm assuming these are the weapons your guerrillas are using, being the favorite of weapon of freedom fighters, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, and I will edit accordingly.) shot to his temple. The Lance Corporal may not have known, but the Sergeant sure as hell did, considering he was covered in Carlos' blood.

"God dammit, corpsman! corpsman! Where the $%&@ is my radio operator!?"

The radio operator was standing to the right of the Sergeant and moved forward so the Sergeant could use his radio.

"This is Arrow for Big Chief, come in Big Chief this is Arrow"

..ZzzZzz... "...This is Big Chief, we read you loud and clear"

"There are some god damn mother $%&@ers shooting at us down here at coordinates AX-993HT, we need air support god dammit!"

"Roger Arrow, sending in the cavalry"

As the Sergeant was radioing in to HQ, his Marines spread out and took cover behind anything that could partially shield their bodies. A few tossed grenades towards the directions of the fire, the majority's training kicked in and they began to track where the firing was coming from and began shooting in the direction where they thought the shooters would be heading into. A third of the platoon was sent in pursuit as the other 2/3 provided covering fire.

Four Louisianan Army attack helicopters lifted off from the ground and began to make their way to the coordinates the Marine Sergeant gave HQ. Estimated time of arrival? Eleven minutes.

Gustavo was almost immediatly shreded by shrapnel. As he rested his head upright against the foot of a tree as he slowly died. He was content, he had taken out at least one of the soldiers and he wound this thaught threw his head for comfort and to get his mind of the debilitating burn and stinging over his body. The warmth of his own blood trickling down his face became more and more comforting as seconds passed until his body lay lifeless..

The other two geurrillas quickly found light cover amongst the brush. [i]"Throw me a magazine! I'm runnin low, GAAHHH!!.."[/i] a shower of blood mist painted the surrounding brush as the man's arm seemed to hang by a thread. The remaining guerrilla had yet to recive any injuries by the time he heard the menacing 'CHOP' of what he recognized as attack helicopters. He managed to avoid the incomming fire by the Louisiana troops, even as dirt and brush shot up around him, to reload his Ak-47. He would attempt to shorten the distance between himself and the Louisiana troops, hoping to increase the risk of friendly fire to render the air support futile. Taking a deep breath he darted for a thicker tree..

Four more Louisianan troops fell as the gunman changed cover and moved in closer to the platoon's advance. A call was sent down from the helicopter asking for smoke to be popped so they could target the gunmen. The reply from the Sergeant indicated that friendlies were too close for the smoke to be popped. Instead, he instructed the helicopters to start a search for any reinforcements coming to aid the gunmen. Signaling to his troops, he sent 1/3 of the platoon around to flank the gunman while the advance 1/3 of the platoon provided covering fire by tossing grenades and spraying the area around the gunman with a 50 caliber machine gun. When the flanking 1/3 was in position, they would signal to the advanced platoon in order to prevent friendly casualties.

Back at the camp, the group was now aware without a doubt of open conflict erupting in the jungles not even a mile from their encampment. Small fox holes were constructed along with weak defencive measures, which everyone knew wouldn't stand long against the Louisiana forces. Che cleaned his rifle before kneeling by a tree without a word. His move would not go unnoticed..

[i]"Comandante.."[/i] began one guerrilla, glancing at his comrades as he spoke, [i]"We aren't going to survive this. The revolution survives not with our bullets; it survives with the dream of all revolutionaries and especially within you. The revolution cannot afford to lose you[/i]." Che glared at the guerrilla, [i]"What are you saying, camarada? I am a soldier of the global revolution just as yourselves. I.."[/i] [i]"No. You aren't a soldier, you are the commander. The human manifestation of our struggle. We are disposable, the struggle is not."[/i] interrupted another soldier.

By now every man stood, sat up, or leaned on their rifles. Che lowered his AK and searched the ground as thoughts swirled in his head. He would be again at the shore by the time the massacre took place...

As the Louisiana troops moved in the men nodded and saluted eachother silently one final time before the first burst of gunfire would begin the firefight.

Edited by Bull Run

The Louisianan helicopters, freshly pulled away from the Marine platoon, spotted what looked to be hostile forces about a mile away from the current fighting. Radioing in to the platoon's Sergeant, the Captain of the lead helicopter, Big Daddy Buzz let the Marines know of a possible ambush site. After radioing in, Buzz would lead his helicopters, four total, in attack runs against the hostile force. A spray of rockets followed by relentless machine gun fire would announce the arrival of Buzz's helicopters. Should the enemy be able to find cover after the first attack round, Buzz would radio in and suggest artillery fire pound the position before the Marines advance in.

As Che's body hit the warm water, his adrenaline calmed. His only hope was to swim west towards the Cayman Islands and catch the attention of the Himynistan Navy while avoiding detection by Louisiana. He hoped that fate was still on his side as he pushed against the rocks out to sea..

The ground seemed to erupt around the gunmen as the helicopters opened fire. In the innitial assult, 3 guerrillas where killed another was seriously injured and the last fired towards one of the choppers. There was no hope in leaving the battle alive for any of the men. To the last round he continued until throwing his rifle to the side and unfolding a Cuban flag from inside his jacket. He wrapped it around a tree trunk seconds before his body was shredded by heavy rounds. The entire makeshift encampment would be nearly demolished; every guerrilla dead..

After over an hour of swimming and no telling how much ground he'd covered, Che had resorted to floating on his back and continuing on slowly to conserve energy. His eyes scanned the darkening sky as his arms flung back and propelled his body forward.