Banana Republic - Military Dictators Wanted

Arno Minion

From the creators of legendary alliances like The Grand Lodge of Freemasons and.......well, just that one really, comes a new venture in Cyber Nation roleplay.

BANANA REPUBLIC

BananaFlag.jpg

What's a Banana Republic, you ask?

Wikipedia states;

A Banana Republic is a term of contempt for a country that is politically unstable, dependent on limited agriculture (e.g. bananas), and ruled by a small, self-elected, wealthy, and corrupt faction. In some cases, these nations have kept the government structures that were modeled after the colonial Spanish ruling clique, with a small, largely leisure class on the top, and a large, poorly educated and poorly paid working class laborers, though it might have the (fake) trappings of modernity (such as styling itself a republic with a president etc.)

Frequently the subject of mockery and humor, and usually presided over by a dictatorial military junta that exaggerates its own power and importance, "the epaulettes of a banana republic generalissimo" are proverbially of considerable size. A banana republic also typically has large wealth inequities, poor infrastructure, poor schools, a "backward" economy, low capital spending, a reliance on foreign capital and money printing, budget deficits, and a weakening currency. Banana republics are typically also highly prone to revolutions and coups.

In modern usage the term has come to be used to describe a generally unstable or dictatorial regime, especially one where elections are often fraudulent and corruption is rife. By extension, the word is occasionally applied to governments where a strong leader hands out appointments and advantages to friends and supporters, without much consideration for the law.

That sounds fun, doesn't it? Apart from the backward economy and poor infrastructure bit, of course. If you want a fun and easy-going alliance and you like to roleplay the Dictator or Totalitarian ruler then the Banana Republic is for you.

Be the despot and tyrant that everybody has deep inside them and make that pixel population work hard to support your military build up.

The Banana Republic is starting from the ground up so we need you to help us shape the alliance.

Banana Republic Forum

Banana Republic Wiki

Edited by General Arno Minion

Good to see another alliance use forumotion, and you gave me some ideas of what i can add to my forum, as in Forum Icons like the ones i see for your application, republic and Ambassador sections =D set up a portal page with a great Poster on the front, and if you need any help if you are new to forumotion i can help i've done so much work on my forum,

-Emperor Nicholas

Thanks for visiting Emperor Nicholas II. I'm glad you liked what I've done with the place. Forumotion and phpBB is a pretty good option and far better than the old days when everyone used Invisionfree.

I'll look into adding a portal page. B)