Prime Minister Clarkson visits the Holy Imperium

TheStig

The Imperial Capital was a truly massive city (as already outlined XD) and the esteemed guest landed on the third runway of the Axis of Aeronautics. He was quickly ushered through a door into a private conference room, where he met with the Imperator.

"A pleasure to see you, Mr. Clarkson. Please, sit down."

"Stable, I might say. Tell me, have you ever seen such a massive city?" The Imperator made a grand sweeping gesture towards the window.

"Silverstone, Chicago back in Top Gear is huge, but mostly factories and manufacturing plants. I have to say, I'd love this room. What a view!"

There was an odd pause for a moment.

"Might I ask what the Imperium's opinion of Top Gear's stance, impact and participation in global affairs is?"

"Leave it to one of the more regional powers such as myself or, preferably, GTI slash Diberia."

"I believe our intention was simply to help out, and as we do not currently administer any protectorate areas, we felt we were doing the people of that area a favour by taking such action. Our priority is to ensure peace and stability in that region, and we are more than capable of doing so."

There was another long pause.

"Anyway, I think this meeting has got a little sidetracked. My main reason for being here is because I seek to discuss the future of the South American economy as a whole. Whilst an economic unity treaty is certainly something to look into in the future, firstly I would like to see the two largest nations on the continent establish some sort of pact. May I ask, what industry is the Imperium most productive in/focused on?"

"Ah, and we come to your purpose here." The Imperator gave another smile before continuing. "Being a heavily military-based nation, we have a very good precision machinery industry, as well as heavy industry geared towards large vehicles and other conveyances. Automobile makers are primarily concerned with Hydrogen and Hybrid-Power cars, which suit the needs of the standard Imperial Citizen.

"In addition to these, we have a massive Agricultural Industry as well as Lumber Operations enough to supply the demand for food and homes of 450 million people. Our hold on significant parts of the Caribbean gives us massive Petroleum and Natural Gas deposits."

"Top Gear's primary industries are petroleum, kerosene, and of course cars. TG Motors is the largest Automobile manufacturer in the world and our country's richest company. Yes, cars are definitely our strongest point."

Clarkson handed the Imperator a file from his briefcase.

"That's an example of some of the world-famous motors that we produce. Maybe if you come to Top Gear one day I can give you a spin in my TG-55."

The Imperator browsed the file quickly, not wanting to keep his guest waiting. "I see. And what would you propose, based on these strongpoints?"

"In the interests of our nation and the future prosperity of the continent, an economic pact. Your thoughts on that?"

"What kind of economic pact? That is, concerning what aspects of both our nations?"

Trade, conjunction of routes such as ferries and railroads, but overall just general economic co-operation, and increased trade between our nations.

"I think we can agree with that rather easily, Mr. Clarkson." The Imperator paused to collect his thoughts. "Our current situation is such that we have a massive transport network, but the details of it are classified. In addition we have a massive Merchant Fleet built up over the years to transport material goods between both our Caribbean provinces and the southernmost reaches of the Imperium."

"I think we can agree with that rather easily, Mr. Clarkson." The Imperator paused to collect his thoughts. "Our current situation is such that we have a massive transport network, but the details of it are classified. In addition we have a massive Merchant Fleet built up over the years to transport material goods between both our Caribbean provinces and the southernmost reaches of the Imperium."

"By the terms of the treaty, would you be willing to share the information concerning your transport networks with us?"

"Of course, except for the militarily significant highways beneath the soil. Those are classified, I'm sorry to say."

"Understandable.

So to clarify, an economic treaty with the following terms:

- Free movement between borders for our citizens.

- Increased trade and economic co-operation.

- Establishment of rail, road and sea transport links for trade and commute.

- Optional attack and defence.

Do you have any other suggestions?"

• 2 weeks later...

"Now that the South American Economic Union has been established, I would much like to resume our discussions Mr Imperator.

Perhaps, considering our present economic bonds, we should look into forming a more developed relationship between our two nations."