blades of light

vladboot

Like most high school kids his age, Harry Fischman loved the New Andomedan national sports of fencing and kendo, heck he was one of the best at every style of fencing and ranked number one in Kendo in the entire world. After barely winning a regional fencing championship in Roswell, he decided that he needed intense training for the upcoming world championships. So, he packed his bags and went on a week long retreat into the desert of New Andromeda.

When Harry found the perfect camping site, he decided that he could fit in a little foil target practice before sunset and proceeded to strike at a pillar shaped rock. After about fifty strikes, the rock started to crack and crumble and a strange blue glow came from the cracks. Harry then started to hammer away at the rock with his tent hammer until a strange glowing runed pillar stood before him.

"What the heck is this?" Harry muttered to himself

Suddenly a strange cloaked man emerged from the pillar and let out a deafening roar.

"Who-Who are you?" whispered Harry

"I am a..."

"Alien?" questioned Harry

"No, I am..."

"Bigfoot?" Questioned Harry.

"Nooo, I am..."

"Santa?" Questioned Harry quite stupidly

"NO YOU IDIOT, I AM THE PERSONIFICATION OF ALL BATTLES UPON THIS LAND! And from the looks of it my boy, you are quite the swordsman."

"Yes sir I am."

"Good I've been seeking out a worthy warrior for some time now, and I guess I found him. Now my lad use my pillar and smelt it down into three swords and I will endow them each with a warring force of nature."

So as the spirit commanded, Harry smelted down the strange pillar and made three swords: a Rapier, a Katana, and a Scimitar. Harry took the finished products to the spirit and set them down.

"Good blade choices my boy, now for your reward. First off the rapier, it's quick striking form and need for fast reflexes makes it the perfect candidate for the destructive power of lightning. Next the Katana, its infamous reputation of its slicing abilities are chilling to say the least, therefore it gets the freezing powers of ice. Finally the Scimitar, it's intense form and fierce fighting spirit demands for the power of fire. These powers will become activated upon your command, and before I forget I have one more gift for you, a suit of armor made from the same metal as the pillar, it will amplify your speed, agility and strength. Now my prophet, go forward and use your powers to become the greatest warrior this world has ever seen!"

Harry then donned the armor and ran back to civilization to fulfill his master's wishes as the new hero BLADEMASTER!