"Where are you going?"

"To my lab."

"For how long?"

"I don't know."

"What are you going to be doing?"

"Several ideas come to mind."

"Can you give me a clear answer on anything?!"

"My favorite food is meatballs."

Avita stared at Sammyace, disbelief covering her face.

"What? It's true. You said-" The man started to say, before Avita interrupted him.

"You know what? Forget it! I have no clue why I ever put up with you! GAH!" Avita exclaimed, before punching him in the stomach and storming out of the room. Sammyace clutched his gut with a grimace and looked at the rest of his cabinet.

"You certainly have a way with women." Hank said, a hand over his mouth to hide the grin. Sammyace gave him a sour look.

"Regardless-" Sammyace started, flopping down into his chair. "-Everything I stated is true. If the person behind the recent ambush on Blyzar is who I think it is, I'm going to need a few aces up my sleeve. And the best way to do that is to isolate myself and focus on ways to make those aces."

"Don't we already have a few aces? The madmen project-"

"Is not ready, or at least not ready to handle what I think is coming." Sammyace cut Phil off.

"You have yet to tell us who you think the attackers are." Iblis said, adding in his own two cents. Sammyace shrugged.

"I think I know, but I can't be sure. And until I am, it's best for me to keep it quiet." He explained. The rest nodded, although none of them liked being kept in the dark. "I trust all of you will keep things business as usual?" Again they nodded. "Alright gentlemen, this is where I must part. It's nice knowing I can disappear into my lab, and when I return, everything is in order. You guys are the best." Kintober said, before standing up, wincing, and walking out of the meeting room to go to his private lab.

----

Kintober kept the lab dark. Bright lights ruined his concentration. And to be totally honest, it felt a lot cooler performing science in nothing but the eerie glow of computer terminals and Bunsen burners. Besides, Kintober eye's were as good as a cat, anyways. He scratched his chin as he though what he should make first. Some type of laser-ish deathray? No, too long and complicated. Sammyace decided to rule out any type of technology driven weapon. Besides, he loved working with organic stuff anyway. As he set up some test tubes, he wondered what his brother, Joseph, had planned.

It was only logical that his brother was the one who set up the attack. At the very least, he'd sent the letter. Sammyace wondered why his brother had tipped him off in the message. Kintober assumed he was being toyed with. Meaning Joseph thought he had a serious ace. That worried Sammyace. Joseph was never much of a gambling man and only bet when he knew he had a winning hand. Oh well, worry about that later, Sammyace thought. Time to focus. With that, Kintober started on his work.

OOC:I'm going out on field training exercises this upcoming Wensday. I'll be gone for another seven days after that. I should be back early August. If you have any messages, give me a PM. C ya in two weeks or so.

Edited by DrKintobor