Counterfeit Crisis

loannes

Welcome to Drakorian National News, your source for all of the goings on of Drakoria since 2008. I'm your host, Rex Tumitis.

Crisis in the capitol! Last night, an organized crime syndicate raided the Drakorian National Mint and stole the valuable printing plates. As a result, counterfeit money has flooded Drakoria, and the government is arguing over what to do. We now go live to Robert Stoned, where President Drakedeath is speaking.

Drakorian President Drakedeath glanced at his index cards only momentarily before sliding them into his coat pocket. He hardly needed them, anyway. He checked his tie, then strode forward to the podium to a room of applause.

Drakedeath waited for the applause to die down before starting. "I decided not to bring many government officials so they wouldn't try to steal from you during the statement." A few people chuckled. "Anyway, today I stand before you after a major theft of the printing plates that create our beloved currency. This sparked a debate in the Drakorian Congress. Should we design new money, or fund a police effort to stomp out counterfeiting. But, as we all know, it takes Congress weeks to come to an agreement. Therefore, I issue an executive order to increase security funds for the duration of one month to end this counterfeiting." The reporters immediately began to shout out questions at the president, who calmly tried to quiet them, but to no avail. At last, with a vein in his temple bulging, he shouted, "SILENCE!"

The reporters quieted. "I do not need to justify this order, for it would be even more costly to create new printing plates, a new design, and then change out the currencies than it is to fight crime. Agree with me or don't. It's your decision."

As President Drakedeath turned to leave, the reporters began to call out again, but he didn't look back.