questions about alliances

I registered to this game 4 hours ago... read everything i could. I still don't understand how alliances work. So thought i would shoot out a couple of questions.

1. If your in an alliance and you declare war on someone, does your whole alliance go to war with that someone?

2. when you leave an alliance , what happens.? attack.. nothing?

thanks much,

quiet resistance

Edited by quiet resistance

It all depends on the alliance.

An alliance is just a group of nations who work together to grow stronger together and each alliance decided its own rules but generally :

1. If in an alliance you don't get to declare war on someone if it hasn't been approved by the alliance first. You'll most likely be on your own (and kicked from the alliance).

2. Mmmm, probably depends on what happened while you were part of the alliance. If you spend 4 weeks learning from them and making your nation stronger via aid and knowledge and then leave for somewhere else then you'll piss them off. If you're attacked depends on their policy but most of the time i'd say you'd be ok (but may have to pay back any aid?)

ZOMG join my alliance!! just kidding. lol.

As stated above, it depends on the alliance. Some have open tech raiding policies allowing you to go to war with nations who have no alliance. Some don't allow any military action at all unless approved by alliance leadership.

Same with aid programs. They may be a little pissed if you get a bunch of aid and just leave.