Accidental Rule Violation

cubs0729

I was telling a co-worker about this and he wanted to try it out. At the time, I didn't know that you can't have two different accounts log in from the same IP. To show him what it was like starting one, I logged out and registered a new account with my brothers email address. I walked through the process with him and then when trying to show him the trade stuff, I used "my" nation to offer an agreement, thats when it dawned on me that you guys probably don't allow people to have more than one. And sure enough I found that you guys key of IP address. I have no problem with him using the account I set up with my other email address, but he won't need to be using my computer to play.

Should I be concerned about being banned? Or will it be alright as long as I never log in with that other account on this computer? My nation that I would like to keep in service is Adania (username: cubs0729) ... The one I walked him through and don't mind if you remove is Pokes (username: pokes0729). If he can keep it I think that would be fine as he liked how we set it all up. If it's removed then I'll likely tell my brother about this as he'd love it, but will he be able to create one or will his email address(user) be affected in any way? But please don't ban me. It was a complete accident.

If you don't ban me, I was also curious how it works with DHCP active on my company's network? Will I be in jeapordy of being banned if I primarily do my daily activities from work and my IP address changes day to day? Or is it just more than one logging in from same IP? I would like to know so that I can make a point to log in from home where the IP of course stays the same.

Thank you for your understanding, and I apologize about the mistaken violation. And I'd like to say this is an awesome idea. Online Civ! If you guys need any help with development, I'm a java/c++ programmer in Tulsa, OK. Thanks again.

Edited by cubs0729

There are no exceptions to this rule. Its even funnier that the ruler names are similar. I have to say though..this is better than the "brother/sister/family dog" stories.

No exceptions? So are you saying my account is/was banned? And if your implying that I made it up so that I could have an extra nation for the brief few minutes before I posted this forum, then I don't know what to say. Who would blow their own whistle!?!

Its even funnier that the ruler names are similar.

And the ruler names are similar because our emails are similar. We are twins. He is an Oklahoma State fan, thus pokes0729, and I'm a cubs fan, thus cubs0729...072981 being our birthday.

And could you please answer my question about signing on from work and from home.

Edited by cubs0729

YOU MAY NOT HAVE MULTIPLE USERS ON ONE NETWORK/IP, and no, this is not negotiable nor do we make exceptions. If you are caught breaking this rule, which you agreed to when you electronically signed the TOS upon creation of your nation, your nation/s will be deleted.

We DO NOT restore deleted nations or "reimburse" nation resources.

If you have ever even ONCE logged in to the same computer as another nation, YOUR NATIONS MAY NEVER INTERACT (aid, trade, and war against each other or together against other nations). Your cheat flag is deserved and if you continue your nation will be deleted.

So, in short, if you are truly two different people, never log into your nation from the same IP address that he does, or you'll be deleted.

There are no exceptions to this rule. Its even funnier that the ruler names are similar. I have to say though..this is better than the "brother/sister/family dog" stories.

Agreed.

But, that's why you have to read the rules, the main one being "no multis". While it's hard to feel sorry for someone when the problem could've been avoided by simply reading the rules, as Woodrow said, at least it's not a "my best friend uses my computer" or "my brother wants to play". But still, rules are rules.

Agreed.

But, that's why you have to read the rules, the main one being "no multis". While it's hard to feel sorry for someone when the problem could've been avoided by simply reading the rules, as Woodrow said, at least it's not a "my best friend uses my computer" or "my brother wants to play". But still, rules are rules.

I completely understand. I just scanned over them because I was so interested to check it out after hearing about it. Thank you for the replies and info. I'll be sure to only log in from home.