Banned but never played the game before??

Jahman

im at college right now and want to play. for some reason though when i go to create a profile it says ive been banned... ummm ive never played before or even been to this site. can someone help me out? my friend has an account here at school, could it be that? any help is awesome. thanks

but thats nuts, like, are you telling me only one person per school can play? is there any way to get some sort of special case? i mean, id really like to play and would probably even be buying a premium account. ive tried sending messages to the webmaster, but he still hasnt responded to me. its weird

new to forums but have seen this when I was a ghost. Basically one nation per unique IP address and thats it. What gets the one at your school banned is student A creats and account says this rocks has a buddy create a nation then whoops two nations one IP the big ban hammer comes down and its game over man.

The ones who moderate this game have no tolerence for special circumstances and issues. Such as family members on same computer. Their is no appeal or anything you can do it just sucks.

That said I can understand the reason behind this. The Game is set up in such a way that if someone could set up 2 or three nations they could quickly elevate one nation to very high strength and then have that nation pull them up quickly. This is legal when done by multiple players but not on your own. Since the game is free the mods do not have the time to really track trends and other things to find cheats so we have the simple 1 nation to 1 IP addy any more bann. It is a simple if sometimes unfair solution to complex perhaps game ruining problem.

No malice is intended by the mods it just sucks to explain it a thousand timnes.

no i understand dont worry. i just find it pretty weird. because like what happened if it was a kid from BC? or UNH? or something like that? haha thats like thousands of potential players banned. it just seems weird and unfair to me. is there any other way for me to join? like say if i sign up at home then bring my computer back to school? would that then work perhaps?

so your telling me no one ever can now play from my college? there are 3,000 people at my school and now none of them have the opportunity to play?

Play it off campus. Also, if you do as you hoped to in your last post, you'll probably get the ban-hammer. IP Addresses don't exactly travel with a computer. If you hook it up to the campus server, you're playing on the same IP that was banned. Thems the breaks.

Edited by hornguardtn

Play it off campus. Also, if you do as you hoped to in your last post, you'll probably get the ban-hammer. IP Addresses don't exactly travel with a computer. If you hook it up to the campus server, you're playing on the same IP that was banned. Thems the breaks.

And if you do play off campus, remember not to log in on campus. The last thing you want is to have your nation associated with a banned IP.