For Queen and Country

maddy

you might not understand whats going on unless you read my first post. Enjoy! (:

"Does she know who we are or what we stand for?" said the chancellor. He was in charge of the faction that captured the princess and was running most of the queendom at the time. He looked pretty much like all of the other higher officers in the faction but it was obvious he was the leader among the group. The man that took the princess from the kidnapper was a close friend of the chancellor and was very trusted. Very few knew what they faction actually stood for. "She doesn't know chancellor. All she knows is that her life depends on following our orders. It looks like she wont be a problem. She's done what she's been told to do so far."

The two were walking down a hall in the Royal Palace. Behind one of the doors was the princess's private quarters. The chancellor found her door and whispered back to the man, "Looks can be deceiving. Her hair is a rather unfortunate circumstance." He knocked on the door and a soft voice asked who it was. The chancellor answered and introduced himself. Anna opened the door slowly. Since it was still so early in the morning she was still wearing her nightgown. "Mind if we come in princess?" She backed up to make room. Both of the men stepped inside and the chancellor closed the door behind him. "You've been doing good so far princess. How do you feel?"

She sat down on the corner of her bed and thought out her words carefully, "I don't understand these political games that you are all playing. I know they dont usually end well for people like me. I just want to be left alone. You can do what you want, but I dont want to be in the middle of it. That's how I feel." The chancellor got up from his chair and walked over to the princess, "We still need you for some time. But if you do your job well then you can return home." She shook her head and folded her arms. "I'm not even eighteen for a few more weeks. How do you want me to do all of this and keep telling lies to all of these people? And they told me that you want me to go to the Athenian Empire and Japan? I dont think the Athenian Empire even knows I exist and Japan is so far away. What are you trying to do? Why do you think I can do it? I cant do it."

The chancellor sat next to Anna but didnt speak a word until she started to get concerned. He picked up her chin to force her to look at him. "They call me Caligula for a reason princess. Don't ever tell me that you can't do something for me. You will do this, and you will do it with a smile on your face. I will make sure other people help you along the way, but if we want our nation to rise and you want to keep your life then we must do this together. When we heard that you have red hair, a lot of the high officers wanted you to be the first one killed when the reaping begins. But I told them that we would spare your life because you would allow our great nation to rise." He slapped her. "Don't make me change my mind." Both of the men got up to leave. "Someone in the kings guard, I guess it's the princesss guard now, painted this for you. The General of the Army thought it was fitting to show your strength. I dont think you understand the value of gifts yet, but Ill let you have this one to remind you that you need to be strong. Have a good day princess."

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/5d/e3/93/5de39350fa7149a405e9a5c9a37a4f2f.jpg